Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

41 minutes ago, North said:

The TV will be delivered today. I got an email with a link to schedule installation, and the earliest date is 3rd October :wallbash:

Don't want to wait around for a whole week with a giant box in the house, can I open it up and just get it going myself?

I usually let the technician do it, just in case there is any issue with the product.....

You should wait - Any manufacturing defects claim could be denied if you unbox on your own.  Suggest you get in touch with local customer service center after booking for 3rd October as they may expedite the installation.

2 hours ago, North said:

The TV will be delivered today. I got an email with a link to schedule installation, and the earliest date is 3rd October :wallbash:

Don't want to wait around for a whole week with a giant box in the house, can I open it up and just get it going myself?

I usually let the technician do it, just in case there is any issue with the product.....

I was facing the same issue when I got the TV delivered to my brother in a kind of remote location. Based on few inputs, asked him to video record the entire process and and setup the thing. The technician was scheduled for a later date. Thank god for the video recording, the TV screen was completely shattered! Technician was informed, informed FK too, don't remember the detail as to why but the entire amount was refunded in a week instead of replacement.

So yes, you can do it yourself but do it in front of camera.

Edit - This was flipkart

Edited by Channu
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, North said:

Not a good idea to open it. I bought a TV last year for my aunt and since she was replacing her only TV, I took it out of the box and kept it on the TV cabinet so that the technician can wall mount it. When he came, he specifically mentioned that I am lucky the TV works fine if not, there would have been complications for replacement. 

Deal of the day: Sony WF-C500 Truly Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds with 20hr Batt, True Wireless Earbuds with Mic for Phone Calls, Quick Charge | Instant Bank Discount of INR 1500 on Select Prepaid transactions https://amzn.eu/d/hIjyryV

Good deal, 3k with SBI card.

41 minutes ago, b!T said:

Deal of the day: Sony WF-C500 Truly Wireless Bluetooth Earbuds with 20hr Batt, True Wireless Earbuds with Mic for Phone Calls, Quick Charge | Instant Bank Discount of INR 1500 on Select Prepaid transactions https://amzn.eu/d/hIjyryV

Good deal, 3k with SBI card.

Heads-up, this one and the Jabra budget equivalent have a lot of complaints about hissing sound in the earbuds which is audible on lower volumes. Was on my radar but this combined with no returns put me off, didn't want to take the risk.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Vamos said:

Sony WH-1000XM5 available for pre-order on ShopatSC.

Available from October 8

Pre orders are everywhere - Amazon, Croma, RD, Headphonezone etc. 

I listened to it for 15-20 mins last month. AQ sounds over sharpened unfortunately. Listened to it next to Bose 45 and 700. 

• Like 1

Anyone using robot vacuum cleaner? 

I wanted to source roborock s5 max but didn't work out. So planning to get one during the sale. 

Ecovacs deebot n8 seems good based on review. Any other suggestions in that price range. Needs to have lidar.

Git the Sofa cum bed from flipkart by Wakefit. A great deal at 15.3k 

https://dl.flipkart.com/dl/wakefit-amoeba-double-solid-wood-sofa-bed/p/itm170025525b72d?pid=SBEG93P3PZFPEZMZ&cmpid=product.share.pp&_refId=PP.5e2b7719-86f7-4116-a0a9-87e4bb1d11c6.SBEG93P3PZFPEZMZ&_appId=CL

If someone is looking for a Sofa that folds out to a bed and easily sleeps 2 people. This deal is gre! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dante77 said:

Git the Sofa cum bed from flipkart by Wakefit. A great deal at 15.3k 

https://dl.flipkart.com/dl/wakefit-amoeba-double-solid-wood-sofa-bed/p/itm170025525b72d?pid=SBEG93P3PZFPEZMZ&cmpid=product.share.pp&_refId=PP.5e2b7719-86f7-4116-a0a9-87e4bb1d11c6.SBEG93P3PZFPEZMZ&_appId=CL

If someone is looking for a Sofa that folds out to a bed and easily sleeps 2 people. This deal is gre! 

Ew cum bed. Didn't know flipkart sold used stuff.