Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

11 hours ago, harsh1387 said:

open box fiasco.

Yeah. Hundreds of complaints on Twitter basically saying their last mile couriers don't follow open box policy, and will cancel the order if delivery OTP is not given to them. 

Flipkart replied to this tweet essentially saying OBD is at the helm of the last mile delivery guy. So they'll show on the app, share OTP, but courier can decide if they open or not, and in any case, you're f**ked. 

Nice job, FK. 

Absolute scammers. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Walker said:

Wow. He came all the way to pick up a return just to tell you picking up the return is against policy? Holy sh*t. That's some expert level trolling. Though I'm not sure who's being trolled here. You, him or us :lol:

Yup, basically told me to fk off and take it up with Flipkart. 

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, harsh1387 said:

Flipkart are idiots.

Among the sea of my orders there was an orange Reebok shoe which was a steal deal. Flipkart sneakily at last moment changed the complete product in order history and delivered another dumb looking Reebok shoe. I opted for return citing wrong product sent. After series of calls and emails and sending them pics of ordered shoe and delivered show, they finally cancelled the return citing their delivery partner has delivered the product in perfect condition. Absolute morons.

So, I opted for return again citing wrong Size. This was accepted in a minute. What jokers ?

Thankfully my Iphone order wasn't cancelled and there was no hiccup while delivery except for the open box fiasco.

@AtheK- My nike and Asics shoes also turned out to be original.

Similar thing happened to me, had ordered a Samsung sound bar. But the sound bar was DOA, the installation guy tried his stuff said to raise a return request but when I tried the doa option it just said go check with Samsung, tried chatting with CC they kept closing my tickets as resolved under flipkart “travel”.

Second time instead of DOA tried with damaged option, this time it accepted but their representative will call and confirm and only then pick up.

Got a call from flipkart rep telling that he is a Samsung rep and that I need to raise it with Samsung I told him to quit this BS and just accept my return. By this time I was sure they would cancel and started checking with Samsung but to my surprise they accepted my return  got the pick up done the next day and got the refund in two days.

15 hours ago, harsh1387 said:

@AtheK- My nike and Asics shoes also turned out to be original.

Is it true that in flipkart if its mentioned in the product page about the genuinity of the product, than it's an original one. Like It's not mentioned in every product page of the same brand(s) only some have it. I have noticed that Asics has this thing mentioned in each of their product but not in Nike, Puma, etc.

Did your's had it ?

4 hours ago, Kirti said:

Is it true that in flipkart if its mentioned in the product page about the genuinity of the product, than it's an original one. Like It's not mentioned in every product page of the same brand(s) only some have it. I have noticed that Asics has this thing mentioned in each of their product but not in Nike, Puma, etc.

Did your's had it ?

I have the same doubt after noticing similar stuff for Asics, Nike etc.

5 hours ago, Kirti said:

Did your's had it ?

Mine did not have it, but then again, don't think it is there for any Nike shoe, or I might be wrong.

The only thing my shoe did come in Nike box with official distributor and MRP sticker. 

54 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Mine did not have it, but then again, don't think it is there for any Nike shoe, or I might be wrong.

The only thing my shoe did come in Nike box with official distributor and MRP sticker. 

Did you checked the barcode both in shoe and the box, do they match.

12 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Yeah. Hundreds of complaints on Twitter basically saying their last mile couriers don't follow open box policy, and will cancel the order if delivery OTP is not given to them. 

Flipkart replied to this tweet essentially saying OBD is at the helm of the last mile delivery guy. So they'll show on the app, share OTP, but courier can decide if they open or not, and in any case, you're f**ked. 

Nice job, FK. 

Absolute scammers. 

Sorry to hear that. We understand your concern here. We'd like to inform you that the option to check the product before accepting the delivery, may be available based on the seller’s partnered courier service provider and the product you have purchased. (1/4)

DUDE THATS EKART ( SHIPPING PARTNER OR MORE LIKE SUBSIDARY) , THE SELLER IS YOU THE COURIER IS YOU ! WTF IS THIS sh*t ?

3 hours ago, Kirti said:

Did you checked the barcode both in shoe and the box, do they match.

Yes they did, plus the seller for Nike and Asics is same, guess he is an authorized dealer.

Nike app wants 750 for shipping a shoe, I guess for that price they will send it in OLA from warehouse.

Edited by AtheK
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Yes they did, plus the seller for Nike and Asics is same, guess he is an authorized dealer.

Nike app wants 750 for shipping a shoe, I guess for that price they will send it in OLA from warehouse.

Nike ships shoes from overseas, hence the shipping fee. You also get a duty paid certificate with it.

2 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Nike ships shoes from overseas, hence the shipping fee. You also get a duty paid certificate with it.

on nike india site also?

That is stupidity, sonce they are officially anyway in India.

1 hour ago, AtheK said:

on nike india site also?

That is stupidity, sonce they are officially anyway in India.

Orders on Nike India site are usually shipped from Singapore. Hence the heavy shipping price of 750 bucks if order price is below 14K. Above 14K, shipping is free. Have ordered quite a few Jordans.

On 9/29/2022 at 6:08 AM, Bird Bird Bird said:

Nice job, FK. 

Absolute scammers. 

Had the same thing happen to me, I refused to take delivery if they don't open it up to check. Delivery guy called up his customer service and they told him to do an OBD

He said that his on his delivery app the order shows up as a regular delivery and not OBD, looks like Flipkart is running scumbaggery in between to get out of returns / replacements 

• Sad 1