Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

2 hours ago, TheGothamChampion said:

ECD200-F1-1-BB7-452-D-A0-E1-515-FC9-FA19

This is how I received my sweatshirt from Fk. Cost cutting on point. Took me 10 minutes just to remove the tape which was applied directly on sweatshirt. 

What the sh*t is this? Sorry to say this, but that's possibly the worst kind of wrapping I have ever seen from a corporation. It looks like some hobos trash bag. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Ethan_Hunt said:

What the sh*t is this? Sorry to say this, but that's possibly the worst kind of wrapping I have ever seen from a corporation. It looks like some hobos trash bag. 

So true, it almost feels like they are doing this on purpose and want the customer to regret buying from them.

9 hours ago, TheGothamChampion said:

ECD200-F1-1-BB7-452-D-A0-E1-515-FC9-FA19

This is how I received my sweatshirt from Fk. Cost cutting on point. Took me 10 minutes just to remove the tape which was applied directly on sweatshirt. 

Tape on  the shirt? Talk about leaving no stone unturned, wow!!

They're not all like this, I recently ordered few clothing items from Amazon, all packages and items are good. Always had good experience with Myntra as well.

• Sad 1

29 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Croma running 15% off on Macbook Pros + 10k HDFC discount. 

Pretty much the best price so far. 

On the website the 14" model is going for 1.65L:surprise:

Dunno if it's with the HDFC offer or without.

36 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

10k instant off is over and above.

Discount is applied on the OTP page, it shows 165690 as the final amount but OTP msg is sent for 155690.

Just checked.

38 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

Yes. That's 15% discount, 10k discount is on top. So 1.55L. Pretty much the best price so far anywhere. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird
Spelling
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, achilles said:

What's going on with the iPhone prices here? A 512gb 14 Pro costs $1300 (₹1L) in the US. It's for ₹1.6L here. I remember the X had launched for 89K for the same US starting price of $999. 

jackie GIF

Pro prices are crazy from sometime now, it is the normal one which is a bit decent.

27 minutes ago, achilles said:

What's going on with the iPhone prices here? A 512gb 14 Pro costs $1300 (₹1L) in the US. It's for ₹1.6L here. I remember the X had launched for 89K for the same US starting price of $999. 

jackie GIF

I think the govt had increased taxes and duties on mobile phones that are being imported in a bid to compel the manufacturers to set up shop in India. As Pros this year are being imported, hence the sky high prices. The regular models I think are being manufactured in India partially, hence the comparatively sane pricing.

iphone-gfx-0.webp

4 hours ago, Aercy said:

Fcuk, bought from Croma a 2 weeks back for 1.75L with No cashback offer :wallbash:

That's why I checked the prices with you when you posted on the thread. 

4 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

It's instant discount. No cashback.

Instant discount only on site. If you buy physically, it's cashback (120 days). 

2 hours ago, achilles said:

jackie GIF

Pros have traditionally been expensive in India. Taxes + higher margins targeted by Apple. This year, most countries had higher pricing for Pros as Apple is also countering currency devaluations vs USD (even GBP/EURO). Look at what they did few years back in Japan when Yen got too cheap - increased the price to mid year to ensure there's no price gap between old and new cost. 

EU also got a 200-300 euros hike. Currency slippage is built into the price model. 

Also, you won't see any improvement in price even with Pro models being made in India. Apple isn't a trillion dollar company by leaving cash on the table. And with the super success with Pros (out of stock just about everywhere, with 5-10 weeks of waiting), you can pretty much bet there won't be a price decrease. 

Recent reports suggest that Apple has decreased production of vanilla 14, and increased for Pros. Higher margins, more green, and a very successful differentiation strategy now. 

iPhone 15 Ultra coming next year. Get ready for the 2000 USD phone ! 

On 9/29/2022 at 6:39 AM, playstationdude said:

Yup, basically told me to fk off and take it up with Flipkart. 

Still the same story. Complained on ingram as well in response to which they arranged a new pickup (5th time now), but as usual delivery guy doesnt come. Got an sms alert that he was out for pickup in the morning, no one came the whole day. Sneaky mf game me 1 missed call at 9.30pm tonight, probably just to show that I was unavailable. Literally 1 ring. Immediately called him back but motherf**ker left it unanswered. Ridiculous the lengths FK is going through not to replace/refund a duplicate product.

2 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

I will buy Pixel 7 pro for cheap, 2 months after release. Apple ain't getting my green.

I have a feeling this is not going to be cheap as well (maybe not as expensive as iphone pro) coupled with the fact that pixel pro's are infamous for their OS performance deteriorating over time.

I hope for Google's sake, it is different this time around.

6 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Still the same story. Complained on ingram as well in response to which they arranged a new pickup (5th time now), but as usual delivery guy doesnt come. Got an sms alert that he was out for pickup in the morning, no one came the whole day. Sneaky mf game me 1 missed call at 9.30pm tonight, probably just to show that I was unavailable. Literally 1 ring. Immediately called him back but motherf**ker left it unanswered. Ridiculous the lengths FK is going through not to replace/refund a duplicate product.

Respond to their response on INGRAM. Don't let the complain close. Also, keep emailing them with all details. Well help build a case 

1 minute ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

I have a feeling this is not going to be cheap as well (maybe not as expensive as iphone pro) coupled with the fact that pixel pro's are infamous for their OS performance deteriorating over time.

I hope for Google's sake, it is different this time around.

8 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

I will buy Pixel 7 pro for cheap, 2 months after release. Apple ain't getting my green.

The 7 and 7 Pro are basically rocking the same hardware as 6 and 6 Pro, except the marginally powerful chipset. So I only expect AI/ML improvements, and whatever optimizations are done on the new sensor by Google.