Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

So, I misplaced by Pixel Buds Pro (totally my fault) a week or so ago.

Placed an order for a new one on 28th September with an expected delivery date of 3rd October.

To my surprise, the item was 'Out For Delivery' today and the delivery guy came today (early delivery). No one was at my home so the person did a proper open-box delivery in front of my neighbour. My neighbour verified it's the right item and then I shared the OTP with the delivery guy over the phone.

Brilliant first-time experience with the whole open-box delivery thing by Flipkart.

Between the 3 kinda high-value purchases (M1 MBA and the Pixel Buds Pro twice) and 1 not-so-expensive purchase (Chromecast with Google TV 4K) I've done on Flipkart this year, I've never had any issue.

42 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Which ones do you recommend?

For workout, Pixel buds A series. 

I’ve been using them for a year now. 

They never fall out of my ear even on the treadmill. 

Bose Sport and Sennheiser sport are also good. 

I personally dislike earbuds without wingtips, because they always just fall out of my ear. But your mileage may vary. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Vamos said:

For workout, Pixel buds A series. 

I’ve been using them for a year now. 

They never fall out of my ear even on the treadmill. 

Bose Sport and Sennheiser sport are also good. 

I personally dislike earbuds without wingtips, because they always just fall out of my ear. But your mileage may vary. 

Thanks. Will check pixel buds a 

Here's a hot take. I have never received a fake product from any online shopping website and my experience is mostly positive with them. Although, I usually only order from Amazon, when it comes to festive deals, I order from flipkart too. 

This BBD sale, as usual ordered some big and small stuff and received all of them on time and genuine. Even replaced my shoes as my size didn't fit and it went great. 

Seeing all the horror stories here and other places, I consider myself lucky in this regard. But I am pretty sure now that I said it, it will be jinxed :P

Edited by dante77

11 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Here's a hot take. I have never received a fake product from any online shopping website and my experience is mostly positive with them. Although, I usually only order from Amazon, when it comes to festive deals, I order from flipkart too. 

This BBD sale, as usual ordered some big and small stuff and received all of them on time and genuine. Even replaced my shoes as my size didn't fit and it went great. 

Seeing all the horror stories here and other places, I consider myself lucky in this regard. But I am pretty sure now that I said it, it will be jinxed :P

For the all the good karma you have had so far, don't be surprised if you get a soap box next time :P , unless of course you ordered a soap box, then you are gonna get a soap.

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, dante77 said:

I share the same sentiment.

Touchwood.

Only time I had an issue was when I ordered a smartwatch and received an empty watch box from Amazon. That was last year. I even forgot to make unboxing video. However one call to CC and they didn't even asked for a proof and issued another watch. Maybe, it depends on your shopping history and being a Prime member helps too.

• Like 1

Guys , the Sony A95k QD-OLED 65 inch , is on sale for 313000/- on most platforms. On Amazon there.s an offer for no cost EMI for 24 months for some credit cards, which works out to about 13k a month for 24 months. Sounds like quite a good deal right ? 

Will Vijay Sales and Croma and all give any further discounts? I've heard that on Sony Products the company doesn't allow them to discount a product more than what they themselves have stipulated, not sure if that's true or not 

3 minutes ago, arjun_sasuke said:

Guys , the Sony A95k QD-OLED 65 inch , is on sale for 313000/- on most platforms. On Amazon there.s an offer for no cost EMI for 24 months for some credit cards, which works out to about 13k a month for 24 months. Sounds like quite a good deal right ? 

Will Vijay Sales and Croma and all give any further discounts? I've heard that on Sony Products the company doesn't allow them to discount a product more than what they themselves have stipulated, not sure if that's true or not 

I will always suggest to get expensive stuff from offline stores. This year itself I ordered a 55 inch Sony from Amazon and on delivery it was a damaged panel. Spoils the mood. Best get it offline. You will get similar deal if you try few stores.

Guys need help, Flipkart randomly canceled one of my orders without my consent. I just got a sms saying order is canceled as courier could not deliver to my location even when all my other items were delivered fine. 

They have given me the refund but I got that order on a really good discount and actually wanted it to be delivered. 

Is there anything I can do in this case?