Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

8 hours ago, CtrlAltDev93 said:

Spotify Premium Individual plans going for 299/year on select accounts. Check your account to see if you get it. It tops up on your existing sub as well.

It shows 499 for me. I am part of a Family plan though.

4 hours ago, b!T said:

It shows 499 for me. I am part of a Family plan though.

Right after I made the purchase, I told my brother to check and it showed up as 499 for him too. I guess I got it at the last minute. 499 is still a huge discount. Just wish they had lossless audio  as well so that I can get rid of Apple Music

24 minutes ago, CtrlAltDev93 said:

Right after I made the purchase, I told my brother to check and it showed up as 499 for him too. I guess I got it at the last minute. 499 is still a huge discount. Just wish they had lossless audio  as well so that I can get rid of Apple Music

It's a targeted offer. People have been getting 299 offer randomly.

14 hours ago, CtrlAltDev93 said:

Spotify Premium Individual plans going for 299/year on select accounts. Check your account to see if you get it. It tops up on your existing sub as well.

Ridiculous offer and subscribed. How did you receive this via E-mail, SMS or push notification ?

Edited by hazard12345

1 hour ago, hazard12345 said:

Ridiculous offer and subscribed. How did you receive this via E-mail, SMS or push notification ?

If you have friends who want spotify, family plan is only 358 for a year/head. I am subbed on one with other IVG folks.

3 hours ago, CtrlAltDev93 said:

Just curious, what does Spotify do better than Apple music, apart from UI maybe?

18 minutes ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

Just curious, what does Spotify do better than Apple music, apart from UI maybe?

Discover Weekly is how I find new music and I also listen to a couple of podcasts on Spotify. The major reason is that I’ve been using Spotify for like a decade so switching now would be a pain

15 minutes ago, CtrlAltDev93 said:

Discover Weekly is how I find new music and I also listen to a couple of podcasts on Spotify. The major reason is that I’ve been using Spotify for like a decade so switching now would be a pain

This and crossfade between songs are the only reasons I use Spotify over apple music. 

On 3/10/2023 at 8:40 PM, CtrlAltDev93 said:

Got it. It seems to me like Spotify is more of a habit than anything else and that's perfectly fine. There is something called New Music Mix on the Listen Now tab that gets refreshed every Friday and is curated specifically to your listening habits. There is obviously separate app for podcasts and I personally prefer to keep both my music and podcasts separate and this arrangement suits me. What takes the cake for me is the Hi-res and spatial options on apple music for the given price of subscription. Spotify is severely lagging in this. Infact Apple One is one of the most VFM sub that I pay for. They are about to add apple music classical without any extra cost.

9 hours ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

Got it. It seems to me like Spotify is more of a habit than anything else and that's perfectly fine. There is something called New Music Mix on the Listen Now tab that gets refreshed every Friday and is curated specifically to your listening habits. There is obviously separate app for podcasts and I personally prefer to keep both my music and podcasts separate and this arrangement suits me. What takes the cake for me is the Hi-res and spatial options on apple music for the given price of subscription. Spotify is severely lagging in this. Infact Apple One is one of the most VFM sub that I pay for. They are about to add apple music classical without any extra cost.

I was using Apple One until last month by topping up credits in my wallet for a year. Cancelled the plan because I’m moving abroad in a couple of months and I’ve seen that you’d need to change your region to access local apps but then that stops you from using Apple One at India prices. Gotta figure a way around.