Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

On 5/3/2023 at 2:57 PM, SpyVision said:

My series 3 screen glass broke, took it for repair and they said screen is unresponsive too. 5k repair unofficially plus apparently doing it will make the Apple Watch not waterproof anymore. Thankfully decided against and got this deal in time.

Just bought the series 8, arriving tomorrow or day after. Upgrade after 5 years!! :thumbsup:

Bought the 45mm Product RED on Flipkart. 

32500 after Axis cashback. 

Oddly, only the RED is having this discount on Fk.

Other colours are selling for 44-45k.  

10 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Mclaren was going for 6k?

It's 13.2k right now. How did you get it for 6k?

Final price was 11,879₹ with Prime and ICICI Amazon Pay Card (10% extra off).
I used my Amazon Pay Balance of 6k which I collected past few months to make it even lower for me. :D

Edited by SpyVision

1 hour ago, 0verlord said:

Airpods Pro 2nd gen @23842

23k on flipkart with HDFC card. 

Pretty good, but still not a huge discount.

Would've bought them for 20k. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Vamos said:

How good are the AW for sports tracking mainly - cycling and running ? I have a Garmin and it is excellent but it is pretty old so looking to replace it with a new watch. I know the AW needs to be charged daily which I hate but willing to tolerate (Garmin I need to charge once a week) if it does a good job at sports tracking also can it transfer stats over to other apps like Strava/Nike Run Club ? 

13 minutes ago, SuperT said:

How good are the AW for sports tracking mainly - cycling and running ? I have a Garmin and it is excellent but it is pretty old so looking to replace it with a new watch. I know the AW needs to be charged daily which I hate but willing to tolerate (Garmin I need to charge once a week) if it does a good job at sports tracking also can it transfer stats over to other apps like Strava/Nike Run Club ? 

I'm new to Apple watch.. this is my first smartwatch too, so no idea about the fitness stuff. :P

But from what I hear, the health and fitness tracking is one of the main USPs of AW. 

4 minutes ago, Vamos said:

I'm new to Apple watch.. this is my first smartwatch too, so no idea about the fitness stuff. :P

But from what I hear, the health and fitness tracking is one of the main USPs of AW. 

Thanks man, tried going through Reddit and it seems like the AW data is not as comprehensive as Garmin and also the battery when using GPS is pretty bad. Maybe I will go to a store and check out the AW and see the features/apps for tracking and then take a call. 

12 hours ago, Vamos said:

Nice! I think it's out of stock, the starlight version appears to be OOS everywhere :Cry:

15 hours ago, Vamos said:

Not to scare you or anything but be very careful please do an open box delivery only - 

The user also had ordered a Red AW. 

T

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Not to scare you or anything but be very careful please do an open box delivery only - 

T

Damn. 

It’s also from the same seller as mine. :nerves:

I’ll make sure to do a careful open box inspection.
Fingers crossed. 

Also, his AW is straight away replaced with a fake one I guess. 

He got a black one instead of Red. 

Edited by Vamos

3 minutes ago, Vamos said:

Damn. 

It’s also from the same seller as mine. :nerves:

I’ll make sure to do a careful open box inspection.
Fingers crossed. 

Also, his AW is straight away replaced with a fake one I guess. 

He got a black one instead of Red. 

Yup the charging symbol itself was a big giveaway and obviously the color. 

3 hours ago, SuperT said:

T

Flipkart! As expected! ?

Ordered mine ‘new’ via Amazon. Will be recording my unboxing. Everyone should make it mandatory to record unboxing of all online orders, especially Flipkart and other expensive stuff.

Just now, SpyVision said:

Flipkart! As expected! ?

Ordered mine ‘new’ via Amazon. Will be recording my unboxing. Everyone should make it mandatory to record unboxing of all online orders, especially Flipkart and other expensive stuff.

Happens with Amazon too.

Last to last year ordered a smartwatch for wife from Amazon. Received empty box with just leaflets. Didn't even made unboxing video. However amazon cc readily issued a replacement. Since then I make unboxing of anything above 4-5k bought online. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

Happens with Amazon too.

Last to last year ordered a smartwatch for wife from Amazon. Received empty box with just leaflets. Didn't even made unboxing video. However amazon cc readily issued a replacement. Since then I make unboxing of anything above 4-5k bought online. 

That is the main advantage with Amazon - exceptional customer care.

5 minutes ago, SuperT said:

That is the main advantage with Amazon - exceptional customer care.

In my case the delivery agent failed to deliver the order and called me to ask if he can deliver it the next day, I agreed.

He then calls me again and says something jibberish and hangs up.

Few moments later, order is cancelled and reason is that customer refused. Raised a complaint against him but now just have to wait for the refund.

9 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

In my case the delivery agent failed to deliver the order and called me to ask if he can deliver it the next day, I agreed.

Few moments later, order is cancelled and reason is that customer refused. Raised a complaint against him but now just have to wait for the refund.

The delivery guys can do that when they are not near your area or it gets to late I don't think Amazon can really do anything. The point is if it is Amazon you can be sure that you will 100% get the refund. 

2 hours ago, SpyVision said:

In cases like these, do Amazon or flipkart actually consider video as evidence any day? 

Amazon has great support and they usually don’t ask for any videos if something goes wrong. 

Flipkart has crappy support and don’t listen to what you have to say. 

All the viral unboxing videos on twitter and YouTube are good for some clout, nothing else. 

Edited by Vamos

5 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

Has happened to me and sadly lost the deal discount due to this. Fortunately the item wasn’t that important.

Have experienced moments of Amazon being on par with Flipkart for the terrible service. Example, pre-ordered Battlefield 2042 PC, never received the advertised pre-order DLC. Their agents were clueless. Luckily I knew a guy on Twitter who read my tweets and then helped me out and sent me the codes through his contact, very nice of him. I pre-ordered because I was getting some discounts, have ordered many times before, 2-3 times the Amazon Reps are clueless in these issues.

Edited by SpyVision

3 hours ago, Vamos said:

Amazon has great support and they usually don’t ask for any videos if something goes wrong. 

This is because for their own sake, it’s better to resolve it with a replacement rather than going to court and spending on lawyers etc. This is mostly for reasonable amounts, if expensive items then full investigation is done.

Edited by SpyVision

Update: Received my AW from Flipkart. Everything seems to be fine and genuine. 

Invited the delivery person inside my home and took my time to verify everything, matched the serial number on box as well. :lol:

The only thing I hate about this open box delivery is, you miss out on the unboxing experience and you are often in a rush to unbox in front of the delivery  guy. 

• Like 2