Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

Not disputing others but I haven't received fake shoes from flipkart. A few I have even checked with the showrooms for authenticity. Plus mine have lasted a long time too. 

Anyways wasn't planning to buy anything this sale as I do most buying on Prime day or big billion one but found a very good deal on Adidas cricket shoes. Let's see if they are authentic when they get delivered on Saturday.

1 minute ago, harsh1387 said:

Not disputing others but I haven't received fake shoes from flipkart. A few I have even checked with the showrooms for authenticity. Plus mine have lasted a long time too. 

Anyways wasn't planning to buy anything this sale as I do most buying on Prime day or big billion one but found a very good deal on Adidas cricket shoes. Let's see if they are authentic when they get delivered on Saturday.

Saucony/Asics shoes I have been buying from the past 3 years on Flipkart have all been authentic all 50% and above discount. I have a pair that I picked up from Saucony brand store in Malaysia and checked against it - no issues even the running response is the same for both shoes. With running shoes it is pretty easy to understand if it is a fake, if you have been running for long in the shoes you would immediately understand from the cushioning and running response. Maybe I have been lucky or maybe no one makes fake Saucony/Asics shoes specifically their performance oriented running shoes. The fakes that I can sometimes spot are the low end models or the ones which are in trend.  

I'd purchased Asics Gel Contend 4+ last year from flipkart and in 8-9 months the mesh in front side of the left shoe got teared up. I bought these shoes thinking that they will provide good cushion for my ankles as I have frequent pain in them but after wearing them the pain aggravated. 

41 minutes ago, Kirti said:

I'd purchased Asics Gel Contend 4+ last year from flipkart and in 8-9 months the mesh in front side of the left shoe got teared up. I bought these shoes thinking that they will provide good cushion for my ankles as I have frequent pain in them but after wearing them the pain aggravated. 

Honestly that can be a shoe issue/fit issue, also the Gel Contend series is a very basic shoe from Asics and I wouldn't expect much support from it specially if you already have issues. No one shoe is perfect for everyone, the best thing for you would be to get fitted at a store. And if you have ankle pain try getting in touch with a doctor maybe your running/walking form is incorrect which causes the pain, in that case you would require stability shoes which are specific to your walking/running form. 

19 hours ago, Snake said:

Ordered a philips, delivery tomorrow

buy these as well

https://www.amazon.in/Disposable-Non-stick-Oil-proof-Water-proof-100Pcs-6-3/dp/B09PHRSWH1/ref=sr_1_5?crid=1RFZEV7BZXE2Y&keywords=air+fryer+paper&qid=1683613529&sprefix=air+fryer+paper%2Caps%2C385&sr=8-5

so your food wont stick on the bottom, also less oil at the bottom

• Like 1

Anyone thinking that they got genuine shoes because they look and feel genuine and have sustained for a long period, you have no idea how close these fakes are.

I have spent my entire life being a sneakerhead and I have seen my friends receiving fakes or genuine but rejects from online market places. One has to have a very sharp eye to spot these.

Employee at brand stores have absolute no idea whether the shoe is legit or not. These guys have no knowledge.

I have been working very closely with brands in my current professional capacity and let me tell you, I have dealt with premium brands like M&S, H&M, Asics and they have made it clear that they don't directly deal with any distributor which sells for such discounts. The same case would be for Nike/Adidas.

I am not saying that FK can't provide genuine shoes, Myntra is a lot better but still risk remains.

13 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Honestly that can be a shoe issue/fit issue, also the Gel Contend series is a very basic shoe from Asics and I wouldn't expect much support from it specially if you already have issues. No one shoe is perfect for everyone, the best thing for you would be to get fitted at a store. And if you have ankle pain try getting in touch with a doctor maybe your running/walking form is incorrect which causes the pain, in that case you would require stability shoes which are specific to your walking/running form. 

Can't run and walk much as I've herniated disc and the doctors said that it is causing the pain in heels. Using the shoes for just daily office use and in that also the shoes give up.

And talking about basic shoes, yes I get it that not to expect much from such shoes but at least they should be a bit comfortable. I've one campus pair also and they are way more comfortable than these Asics. Maybe the reason that these are made in India so inferior in quality. 

3 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Anyone thinking that they got genuine shoes because they look and feel genuine and have sustained for a long period, you have no idea how close these fakes are.

I have spent my entire life being a sneakerhead and I have seen my friends receiving fakes or genuine but rejects from online market places. One has to have a very sharp eye to spot these.

Employee at brand stores have absolute no idea whether the shoe is legit or not. These guys have no knowledge.

I have been working very closely with brands in my current professional capacity and let me tell you, I have dealt with premium brands like M&S, H&M, Asics and they have made it clear that they don't directly deal with any distributor which sells for such discounts. The same case would be for Nike/Adidas.

I am not saying that FK can't provide genuine shoes, Myntra is a lot better but still risk remains.

Can you help to spot the fakes if we post the pics here if it's okay with you.

5 minutes ago, Kirti said:

Can you help to spot the fakes if we post the pics here if it's okay with you.

Highly unlikely that I can spot the fakes via pics. Even I am hard pressed to spot the fakes, can only spot them with careful observation in person.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

What about discounts given by physical distributer like Shopper's stop. They usually have 20-30% discount or more on each shoes brand which even physical doesn't provide. 

Anyway, I have been new to buying shoes online. Bought them first time last BBD sale and second time just now. So no idea how it works. Is there any authentication method for these shoes? I guess not. 

16 minutes ago, Kirti said:

Can't run and walk much as I've herniated disc and the doctors said that it is causing the pain in heels. Using the shoes for just daily office use and in that also the shoes give up.

And talking about basic shoes, yes I get it that not to expect much from such shoes but at least they should be a bit comfortable. I've one campus pair also and they are way more comfortable than these Asics. Maybe the reason that these are made in India so inferior in quality. 

I feel your pain man. I have had a herniated disc since the past 5 years and can completely sympathize. It su*ks, trust me the Gel Contend is not for us man we need shoes that offer both cushioning and support. The Gel Contend is unfortunately neither, I have tried so many shoes and most of them are uncomfortable to me when I have a lot of walking/standing involved. I would love to share some suggestions but that would be wrong on my part specially because you have a medical condition. Go to a store and try on different models and see what suits you best, some Asics flagship stores even do a gait analysis and suggest shoes. All the good brands make shoes for people like us that offer support and cushioning. I use Asics Gel Nimbus and they have been a blessing for me (for walking and as a day to day shoe) and the Saucony Ride/Guide 15 in rotation for the kind of running I plan to do. These have been my go to for the past 5 years The good thing is no one is making fake Saucony shoes so those are a very very safe bet. They make brilliant shoes and last year models are usually available for 50-60% discounts. These shoes are in no way a suggestion as your feet will obviously be very different and you will need to get your gait analyzed. 

Edited by SuperT
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dante77 said:

What about discounts given by physical distributer like Shopper's stop. They usually have 20-30% discount or more on each shoes brand which even physical doesn't provide. 

Anyway, I have been new to buying shoes online. Bought them first time last BBD sale and second time just now. So no idea how it works. Is there any authentication method for these shoes? I guess not. 

You won't get 20-30% discount from physical retailers on let's say Ultraboost 22 if Adidas is not running it directly.

Last month, the latest UB 23 had 0 discount on every e-commerce website but FK was running 40%.

Then Adidas added 20% discount and suddenly all sellers on FK increased discounts to 61%.

Absolutely no way they were legit.

16 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Well the counterfeiting guys must be doing some good work as I like the shoes :fear1:

True that.

14 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

You do have a good point. I have been wearing Nike/Puma/Adidas/Reebok/ Asics all my life. Many bought from stores. Many from abroad. Many online buys from different sites. I am no professional expert on shoes but I believe i can spot a fake when I observe them closely. However maybe the fakes these days are too good for me to identify. Highly possible.

But, I see it this way. Suppose there is a 8k mrp running shoe. On sales with all discounts I land it for around 3k. They give me the comfort, looks, feel and durability for atleast 2 years ( mine actually last lot more than that cos I maintain my shoes properly). Did I get worth my money spend in 2 years. In my case, Yes they do. Maybe I get lucky. 

Just now, harsh1387 said:

Did I get worth my money spend in 2 years. In my case, Yes they do. Maybe I get lucky. 

That is a completely different topic.

Does a person get her/his money worth if they buy a Rolex or if they buy a fake?

Does a person get her/his money worth if they buy an M&S apparel or Max apparel?

Top end Samsung/iPhone vs 25k phone?

Why even buy the brand if some other brand can fulfill the need at a lower price?

1 hour ago, KrIzAliD said:

I had some left over baking parchment paper that I just used and it worked great. I’ll get these too thanks

4 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

That is a completely different topic.

Does a person get her/his money worth if they buy a Rolex or if they buy a fake?

Does a person get her/his money worth if they buy an M&S apparel or Max apparel?

Top end Samsung/iPhone vs 25k phone?

Why even buy the brand if some other brand can fulfill the need at a lower price?

Social validation

1 hour ago, DinJo said:

Ultra boost is there flagship product they don't usually sell it on discount. 

They do. Adidas has sale right now on few UB22s and recently was offering 20% off sitewide, even on UB23. That's when FK raised discounts to 61%.

12 hours ago, DinJo said:

Ultra boost is there flagship product they don't usually sell it on discount. 

Last year models and specially shoes with one or two sizes remaining are usually on 30-50% off on their official website. Even the new shoes can be had for a good 20% off if you are a member on their website. I have a 25% coupon that I can use to buy anything on their website which is not on discount.