Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

Can someone explain how does the QR code works in shoes. I scanned the QR of the shoes I received (nike) and it takes me to the website of nike but does not show the specific product details. So does that make it an original product ?

29 minutes ago, Kirti said:

Can someone explain how does the QR code works in shoes. I scanned the QR of the shoes I received (nike) and it takes me to the website of nike but does not show the specific product details. So does that make it an original product ?

I mean the QR for Nike does take you to their official website that is what it is supposed to do it sometimes will ask you to download their app or join their membership but faking a QR is very easy so difficult to say if it is fake or not just on the basis of the QR code.

Edited by SuperT

1 hour ago, Kirti said:

QR code/Serial Number means nothing.

One can copy a QR/SN from an original and then paste it on 1000 copies.

32 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

QR code/Serial Number means nothing.

One can copy a QR/SN from an original and then paste it on 1000 copies.

Exactly, until there's a website to authenticate the serial number it's of no use!

Having said that, most of the shoes I have bought from FK have been genuine :fear:

29 minutes ago, abhi90 said:

Exactly, until there's a website to authenticate the serial number it's of no use!

Having said that, most of the shoes I have bought from FK have been genuine :fear:

You "think" they have been genuine.

13 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

You "think" they have been genuine.

I have a pair from FK and another from the new balance store and they are perfectly identical. If they are so perfectly identical that everything from the ride, etc is the same then :fear:

But yeah most of the my purchases have been expensive shoes from NB or other unpopular brands like Saucony, Mizuno etc

Edited by abhi90

3 minutes ago, abhi90 said:

I have a pair from FK and another from the new balance store and they are perfectly identical. If they are so perfectly identical that everything from the ride, etc is the same then :fear:

But yeah most of the my purchases have been expensive shoes from NB or other unpopular brands like Saucony, Mizuno etc

Rationalization bias.

23 minutes ago, abhi90 said:

I also think the NB, Saucony shoes are genuine on FK at least their premium running models. Saucony for sure does not have any fakes specially their premium running shoes like Endorphin Speed/Tempus etc. Their fakes simply dont exist because it is very niche. NB has fakes for their fashion models or basic models again their premium running models not so much. I have been a very happy FK customer for these shoes because the deal is almost always brilliant and FK is a runners delight. How can the fakes have the exact same ride and foam ? Those are patented technologies and impossible to copy. I am 100% sure a runner will know from the cushioning and impact if the shoes are fake. Heck, 300-400 kms later my NB and Saucony are still going strong from FK no glue issues no stitching issues. Yes you can make fake shoes that can look exactly the same but perform exactly the same is something I don't think is possible. I think we are good with niche shoes and brands. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What's the best way to spend 1.5k on Amazon? Got a shopping voucher for free, and this cannot be used via Amazon pay (otherwise would've paid outside Amazon).

Anything random like a car accessory, minor electronic items, something weird you bought before in this price range? Any random suggestion will do lol. :thumbsup:

11 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

What's the best way to spend 1.5k on Amazon? Got a shopping voucher for free, and this cannot be used via Amazon pay (otherwise would've paid outside Amazon).

Anything random like a car accessory, minor electronic items, something weird you bought before in this price range? Any random suggestion will do lol. :thumbsup:

I will buy for 1000 bucks :)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

What you need is something you would know

15 hours ago, LordSpymaster said:

Why do you want to use it for random stuff :/ 

you can keep it in your wallet until you find the need for something to buy and then use it then