Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

Wasen't galaxy j5 for 11,999/- now it's going for 12,999/- with 800 or so discount on the app. I have seen some sellers on both amazon and FK rasing the price and lower it in the name of a discount.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

Lol yes. Some sellers are doing it. Irony is that before the Lightning deals I saw few products selling for lesser price and after lightning deals same product are being sold for higher price rofl. I pity people who actually bought those product on LD.

Check out the sale price, deal price and save for this, it's a joke i can't believe cloudtail would put a rs.6930 price tag for a 1tb hard drive which has a mrp of rs.4700 or so. Yes you save but not a huge amount as advertised.

http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00ZFDHV2C?ref_=gb1h_img_c-2_0187_42b6c473&smid=A14UQ4H17XUX90

Check out the sale price, deal price and save for this, it's a joke i can't believe cloudtail would put a rs.6930 price tag for a 1tb hard drive which has a mrp of rs.4700 or so. Yes you save but not a huge amount as advertised.

http://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00ZFDHV2C?ref_=gb1h_img_c-2_0187_42b6c473&smid=A14UQ4H17XUX90

This same product after LD will be sold for 4000. Lol ₹1 ka profit hoga jo yeh buy karenge. Nahi toh 300 ka loss. Lol

Logitech Z-623 2.1 THX

usually retails for 8.5-9k

http://www.amazon.in/gp/offer-listing/B003VAHYTG/ref=olp_sss_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new&shipPromoFilter=1

Snapdeal if anyone falls for it

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/logitech-z-623-speaker-system/29374

Edited by Testiclops

Guys pls answer my question...thanx in adv :)

Gigabyte M5 is priced at 12000 on Newegg, adding 25% customs means Rs. 15000. Why is it being sold at 19900 on Amazon/FK? Is the seller charging extra 5k legit or overpriced?

Is it better to buy from Newegg, and what extra hassle will I go through if I will have to return it within 15days (International return policy)? Will gigabyte service centre accept it (rma after 15days)?

Do you guys buy from newegg/amazon.com a lot?

Customs is not the only tax they are put upto. In India it is costly because there's various other expenses too. Like Sales Tax etc. Thus the seller tries to recover those taxes which increases the cost of the product. When you import the tax is only limited to customs. So the price is lower.

• Like 1

Guys pls answer my question...thanx in adv :)

Gigabyte M5 is priced at 12000 on Newegg, adding 25% customs means Rs. 15000. Why is it being sold at 19900 on Amazon/FK? Is the seller charging extra 5k legit or overpriced?

Is it better to buy from Newegg, and what extra hassle will I go through if I will have to return it within 15days (International return policy)? Will gigabyte service centre accept it (rma after 15days)?

Do you guys buy from newegg/amazon.com a lot?

^

• No warranty on that board in India
  • Newegg is not based in India, imports from US
  • Custom charges are additional and might be chargeable to you after purchase
  • Amazon.in and flipkart have locally distributed hardware (stuff got into India through legit means), so warranty is valid on them for stipulated time and via brands service network
  • If the board dies after 15 days, no one helps you and it will be dependent on how GIGABYTE Lucknow Service centre manager feels about the case (if they want to support you, or charge you et al)
  • So that is the reason for the price difference
  • I do not recommend importing hardware unless you have a regular means to send the hardware to its country of origin / sale because if you are screwed, no one bothers unless you are lucky
  • Like 1

^

• No warranty on that board in India
  • Newegg is not based in India, imports from US
  • Custom charges are additional and might be chargeable to you after purchase
  • Amazon.in and flipkart have locally distributed hardware (stuff got into India through legit means), so warranty is valid on them for stipulated time and via brands service network
  • If the board dies after 15 days, no one helps you and it will be dependent on how GIGABYTE Lucknow Service centre manager feels about the case (if they want to support you, or charge you et al)
  • So that is the reason for the price difference
  • I do not recommend importing hardware unless you have a regular means to send the hardware to its country of origin / sale because if you are screwed, no one bothers unless you are lucky

In that case he can send it to Outside India for warranty service. Even though not applicable in India. Warranty is applicable if he sends outside India. He must bare the expenses.