Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

I got charged Rs.2034 customs for $60 worth of stuff to be delivered via DHL.

dhl you can be sure you'll be charged customs.

choose standard shipping in playasia.they will send thru registered post.still custom is random but most of the time it will pass thru without any.

^^No customs on cds.

I ordered sonic and sega all stars racing transformed from amazon uk, it was for rs.1.8k and i got duty charged around rs. 1.7k, i rejected the item and by that time indian websites were selling the game for the same price.

This order was through normal post and they still charge people senselessly like their livelihood depends on this money. India is the worst country if you have hobbies beyond singing, dancing and cricket.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I ordered something from Amazon from cloudtail and during checkout didn't get the option for next day delivery, only standard delivery even though im a prime member. So is it that some products do not have next day delivery option? I feel as a prime member i should have free next day delivery for all orders atleast from cloudtail otherwise what's the point?

I ordered something from Amazon from cloudtail and during checkout didn't get the option for next day delivery, only standard delivery even though im a prime member. So is it that some products do not have next day delivery option? I feel as a prime member i should have free next day delivery for all orders atleast from cloudtail otherwise what's the point?

NDD is location dependant, generally if you are not in NCR/Bengaluru region, you do not get NDD.

I'm from Kolkata and never get the option of 'Next Day Delivery' even though I'm a Prime member. All I get is the sodding 'Standard Delivery' option for each and every order unless it's a heavy appliance order wherein I'll be given an option of choosing a 'Scheduled Delivery' option. :/

NDD is location dependant, generally if you are not in NCR/Bengaluru region, you do not get NDD.

Not exactly. I get NDD for some products for amazon fulfilled. Sometimes I don't get NDD from amazon fulfilled too. So don't know may be its product related.