Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

One thing I've noticed is that on getting stuff delivered to India the GST of the source country gets saved eg.in case of the Switch a 324 euro console comes down to 279 (on European Amazon) ...this more or less compensates for the import fees.

Long story short there's just a difference of 10-15 euros in buying it from Europe vs getting it delivered in India.

One thing I've noticed is that on getting stuff delivered to India the GST of the source country gets saved eg.in case of the Switch a 324 euro console comes down to 279 (on European Amazon) ...this more or less compensates for the import fees.

Long story short there's just a difference of 10-15 euros in buying it from Europe vs getting it delivered in India.

How do I check for the pro?

I think pro will come to around 33000 for the landed price, considering GST rate to be the same on switch and ps4 and going by your posted figures(comes to around 16.3% gst and the import duty is around 31% including all cess and charges). The only think I am not sure of is the shipping price from UK to india. From US , net deposit is 155usd including import and shipping.

Edited by playstationdude

How do I check for the pro?

I think pro will come to around 33000 for the landed price, considering GST rate to be the same on switch and ps4 and going by your posted figures(comes to around 16.3% gst and the import duty is around 31% including all cess and charges). The only think I am not sure of is the shipping price from UK to india. From US , net deposit is 155usd including import and shipping.

Try Amazon France, Amazon UK... It's a hit or miss with Amazon these days. Sometimes they ship items to India, sometimes they don't.

Also try and avoid us shipping. It's costly and takes time too. Unless you're keen on having a NTSC console.

Edited by blitzkreiig

Unsure where to post this, but this thread seems closest due to the relevance of using net banking etc.

While we on this forum advocate not saving credit card details on a shopping site, not to link a mobile wallet with a card etc, the site below is full of people posting all sorts of details.

http://www.complaintboard.in/complaints-reviews/activateiuser-kvbmail-com-l151790.html

Unsure where to post this, but this thread seems closest due to the relevance of using net banking etc.

While we on this forum advocate not saving credit card details on a shopping site, not to link a mobile wallet with a card etc, the site below is full of people posting all sorts of details.

http://www.complaintboard.in/complaints-reviews/activateiuser-kvbmail-com-l151790.html

India mein bohat log abhi tak not aware of this banking security details...you won't believe how casually people give away the pin code numbers to a shop or ask someone to help them take the money. They think jab tak card hai unke paas koi paisa nikal nahi sakta...

Sad part is cc and dc insurance policy is very f**ked up in India....a bit ot but do you guys have cc and dc insured? if yes how much you paying for the insurance?

Good god. That link was incredible. Another thing you can do with respect to debit cards is contact the bank and request for withdrawal limits, POS transaction and online transaction limits to be reduced etc. Anything above that limit will be declined outright or the bank will contact you for authorisation. At least that's how it's supposed to work. Haven't had the opportunity to see it in play as I don't use my DC for big transactions.

Yes, especially if it is DHL / FEDEX.

I saw a circular from a govt site that said that the KYC address proof is no longer required :-/ Now, I can no longer edit the shipping address of my order. Not sure if I should try my luck or cancel the order.

http://www.cbec.gov.in/resources//htdocs-cbec/customs/cs-circulars/cs-circulars-2016/circ13-2016cs.pdf;jsessionid=6735695949423E69A3EB118B8B4C093C

Edited by l33tmaniac

Yes. I have not been asked to produce address proofs for my imports during last couple of months. But they were delivered by India Post.

DHL is pain in the b**t. They have their own rules.

BTW, that circular is old. April 2016. And moreover it states that "Earlier two documents, one for proof of identity and other for proof of address, were required for

KYC verification. However, said circular lays down that in case of an individual if any one document listed
in the Board Circular No. 9/2010-Cus dated 08.04.2010 contains both proof of identity and proof of
address; the same shall suffice for the purpose of KYC verification."
So they will ask for address proof where shipping address matches with address mentioned in address proof document.

Yes. I have not been asked to produce address proofs for my imports during last couple of months. But they were delivered by India Post.

DHL is pain in the b**t. They have their own rules.

BTW, that circular is old. April 2016. And moreover it states that "Earlier two documents, one for proof of identity and other for proof of address, were required for

KYC verification. However, said circular lays down that in case of an individual if any one document listed
in the Board Circular No. 9/2010-Cus dated 08.04.2010 contains both proof of identity and proof of
address; the same shall suffice for the purpose of KYC verification."
So they will ask for address proof where shipping address matches with address mentioned in address proof document.

F**k. I'll cancel the order then :( I am mostly gonna ask my friend to get it for me

You have to upload two KYC documents to their website (https://dhlindia-kyc.com/) and the address in those documents should match the shipping address.

Ahh. Thanks man. Good thing I cancelled it then. I was unable to change the shipping address. Would have been a nightmare had it been shipped and then stuck at customs due to KYC mismatch.

I want to buy Asus 10050mAH Zen Power Bank silver or blue from the amazon india seller TechFone-SLP, is the seller reliable ? Or should i only get this power bank from flipkart retailnet seller which sells it for Rs.500/- higher.