Bird Bird Bird

Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Guys. Should I register my current amazon account as business for GST on Amazon? They recently started this initiative. Any advantage on pricing as they mentioned? Has anyone done it?
Do you sell anything?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Do you sell anything?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

No. But I purchase a lot. Sometimes for business sometimes self. Before there was no issue about credit because we would only charge depre. But now credit can be taken on purchases used for business as well so thought why not

2 hours ago, djanuj said:

No. But I purchase a lot. Sometimes for business sometimes self. Before there was no issue about credit because we would only charge depre. But now credit can be taken on purchases used for business as well so thought why not

If you have a business then you must also have an accountant/ca who files your returns. It is always advisable to consult them first rather than troll gamers online 🤣

If you have a business then you must also have an accountant/ca who files your returns. It is always advisable to consult them first rather than troll gamers online 🤣

I am a CA. I file my own returns. Btw I don't want to do business. I want to buy but under GST invoice. So that I can claim input credit. So is this Amazon initiative for sellers? Then why did they say purchase at Business discount etc.

9 minutes ago, djanuj said:

I am a CA. I file my own returns. Btw I don't want to do business. I want to buy but under GST invoice. So that I can claim input credit. So is this Amazon initiative for sellers? Then why did they say purchase at Business discount etc.

If you have a GST registration number(TIN previously), i think you can sign up for it. Amazon Business thing just started, i guess, I also saw a banner on amazon.in. 

There is something similar from walmart as well. You can check that out as well. 

These are basically B2B only. So you need to have something registered as a business with the IT dept and you are good to join. 

Edited by ayush12ice