Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

11 hours ago, sadge said:

@santanu18

Any place to buy / rent used C92X logitech cams? 

I would require it for my graduate exams soon. Feel free to tag in case you notice anything during a deal. 

I might have to sell my C270.

Getting a webcam itself is difficult these day, let alone that model. I'd say use your phone camera, you won't get any better webcam. Buy a phone grip to stick on your monitor or laptop. Put phone in flight mode and use the camera as a webcam during your important work.

Wasteland 3 Digital Deluxe ₹1515

Price Error

Edited by santanu18
  • Thanks 1

Are drones legal to fly at the moment? I remember that they were baned?

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

As per regulation you can fly 250gm drones in limited area/zone.

For anything bigger and to fly mini in restricted zones one would need clearance from authorities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

That drone is the DJI Mavic Mini, sits at 249 gm. 250 gm is the limit lol.

So yes, you can fly around the Mavic Mini. This restriction is also applicable in European countries and Canada now. 

46 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

44 minutes ago, Soulreaper said:

As per regulation you can fly 250gm drones in limited area/zone.

For anything bigger and to fly mini in restricted zones one would need clearance from authorities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

That drone is the DJI Mavic Mini, sits at 249 gm. 250 gm is the limit lol.

So yes, you can fly around the Mavic Mini. This restriction is also applicable in European countries and Canada now. 

Yes you can legally fly drones it needs to be registered. The ruling for less then 250 gm is also not clear, as now all drones need to be registered. It clearly states on the site, that if you own a drone, register it.

https://digitalsky.dgca.gov.in/

I registered my mavic mini for the very same reason, and now i fly it without any headaches.

One from this weekend...

118160945_10208263320018102_250698502042

Edited by AtheK
  • Like 6

"Nano RPA are currently exempt from registration, import licenses as well as NPNT compliance. You can fly your RPA up to 50 ft and in enclosed premises, today! Please do not forget to read our Do’s and Don'ts."

@AtheK Picked this up from the website you shared above. Nano RPA of course, being under 250 gm. But yes, registration is always a good idea. If registration process is same irrespective of what kind of drone, one might as well get the Mavic Air?

My dad used a drone (Phantom 4 Pro, old model) for work stuff occasionally, so it was registered before I got my hands on it. 

I wonder if India has regulations in place for flying drones in national parks and such. I've taken my drone to Gir and Corbett and the like, but not just fly it into the forests lol. Try to fly outside the marked areas just in case. Haven't had it since a year now, might buy one from abroad next year if travel opens up again. 

3 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

"Nano RPA are currently exempt from registration, import licenses as well as NPNT compliance. You can fly your RPA up to 50 ft and in enclosed premises, today! Please do not forget to read our Do’s and Don'ts."

@AtheK Picked this up from the website you shared above. Nano RPA of course, being under 250 gm. But yes, registration is always a good idea. If registration process is same irrespective of what kind of drone, one might as well get the Mavic Air?

My dad used a drone (Phantom 4 Pro, old model) for work stuff occasionally, so it was registered before I got my hands on it. 

I wonder if India has regulations in place for flying drones in national parks and such. I've taken my drone to Gir and Corbett and the like, but not just fly it into the forests lol. Try to fly outside the marked areas just in case. Haven't had it since a year now, might buy one from abroad next year if travel opens up again. 

Ya but they also have an option to register the Nano RPA, plus they categorically call out to register them. So better to register then to get into unnecessary hassle, and it is an easy thing to do.

Yes now that all drone need to be registered better to get the Air, i also got mini thinking won't need to register. I might as well upgrade by end of year, miss the forward obstacle detection in Mini, plus no follow me recording option.

• Haha 1

Just now, AtheK said:

Yes now that all drone need to be registered better to get the Air, i also got mini thinking won't need to register. I might as well upgrade by end of year, miss the forward obstacle detection in Mini, plus no follow me recording option.

Yeah the whole point of the Mini was kind of to avoid the whole registration thing. If its easy enough to do, will go with the Air. The obstacle detection is kind of critical imo.

Upgrading to Air? My brother lives in London, so considering asking him to get one next year, or if I can go myself will bring.

Any downside to buying from abroad?

My dad's Phantom 4 was from the US, but it was on the company so price or warranty issues wasn't a factor. 

1 minute ago, Chirag2001 said:

Yeah the whole point of the Mini was kind of to avoid the whole registration thing. If its easy enough to do, will go with the Air. The obstacle detection is kind of critical imo.

Upgrading to Air? My brother lives in London, so considering asking him to get one next year, or if I can go myself will bring.

Any downside to buying from abroad?

My dad's Phantom 4 was from the US, but it was on the company so price or warranty issues wasn't a factor. 

Ya will get the air 2, in one of my next  trips. I think best will be to register it when you get it abroad, and then tell customs that it is already registered. Importing Drone is still a hassle, and if customs stop you, you might need to do a good bit of explaining.

2 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Ya will get the air 2, in one of my next  trips. I think best will be to register it when you get it abroad, and then tell customs that it is already registered. Importing Drone is still a hassle, and if customs stop you, you might need to do a good bit of explaining.

Alright, will keep that in mind. Thanks :)