Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

also cheeni, as per quora. Amazon mentions that its imported by XYZ company in Mumbai.

Earlier this year, when buying a mouse also could not find indian option. Wow, our market does kinda suck.

Anyway, I have more free time these days, so more exercise. Just bought the Mi Band 4.
Fitbit is owned by Google tho

1 hour ago, Cryptic_8 said:

I just bought a Mi Band 5 on the first flash sale. It's absolutely worth the 200. 

Why it is better:

1. Magnetic Charging [You don't have to remove the main capsule out of the band. This is a big plus as the main capsule fits into the band tightly, so no chance of breaking it while removing]

2. More workout modes

3. It has a larger screen, but that isn't a big difference.

4. You can customize the widgets on the watch face now.

5. It now tracks REM Sleep

6. It has PAI (Personal Activity Intelligence) which ranks your daily workout life

7. It tracks menstrual cycle

How accurate is the BPM and step counter? 

13 hours ago, playstationdude said:

I was looking for something with shock absorption but at the same time doesnt break the bank, since my achilles tendon seems to get a little sore when I do a few sprint.

8 hours ago, playstationdude said:

Thanks will check out pegasus 37. 5k will be a good price and reviews are also good.

Though really wanted to try the gel based Asics but 13k for kayanos seems a lot.

If you want the softest most comfortable sole, get Adidas shoes with the boost sole (Ultraboost, Pureboost) They’re comfier than anything out there.

If you want something a bit firmer, but still with good cushioning, get the Kayanos.

Don’t pay more than 7-8k for the Adidas Ultraboost, and 5-6k for other boost shoes. Asics Kayanos, not less than 50% off. For Nikes, they usually retail at 30-40% off, during sales. Getting them for 50% off would be a good deal.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, boltonfan said:

If you want the softest most comfortable sole, get Adidas shoes with the boost sole (Ultraboost, Pureboost) They’re comfier than anything out there.

If you want something a bit firmer, but still with good cushioning, get the Kayanos.

Don’t pay more than 7-8k for the Adidas Ultraboost, and 5-6k for other boost shoes. Asics Kayanos, not less than 50% off. For Nikes, they usually retail at 30-40% off, during sales. Getting them for 50% off would be a good deal.

Where would be a good place to buy kayanos for 50% off or ultraboost for 7-8k? Fk/Amazon?

Where would be a good place to buy kayanos for 50% off or ultraboost for 7-8k? Fk/Amazon?
Don't get the kayanos unless you've tried them out, they are aimed for overpronators. Get the nimbus if you want an Asics
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Flipkart or Amazon. You'll get them at 50% off at both places. Size/ colour availability will vary across the sites.

I saw the latest Ultraboosts (20) for 9.5k on Flipkart a few weeks back. They will definitely be cheaper during the sale.

Can see a few boost shoes on discount on Amazon. Expect similar pricing on the entire Adidas range during the sale.

XGBHriq.png

Check Ajio as well. They currently have the best discounts on the newer/ rarer shoes, across websites. 

34 minutes ago, abhinit90 said:
38 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Don't get the kayanos unless you've tried them out, they are aimed for overpronators. Get the nimbus if you want an Asics

Agreed, true for any shoe. Best to try out before purchasing, if possible. 

Edited by boltonfan
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, boltonfan said:

Flipkart or Amazon. You'll get them at 50% off at both places. Size/ colour availability will vary across the sites.

I saw the latest Ultraboosts (20) for 9.5k on Flipkart a few weeks back. They will definitely be cheaper during the sale.

Can see a few boost shoes on discount on Amazon. Expect similar pricing on the entire Adidas range during the sale.

XGBHriq.png

Check Ajio as well. They currently have the best discounts on the newer/ rarer shoes, across websites. 

Agreed, true for any shoe. Best to try out before purchasing, if possible. 

Thanks. Will keep an eye out in the upcoming sale.

1 hour ago, mohit9206 said:

Man this Amazon and Flipkart copycats. All sales same time. This time Amazon copy Flipkart. But someone said this sale not biggest one for Amazon? Is that next month?

fkrt's flagship sale is BBD and Amzn's Diwali Sale which will be in two weeks after BBD gets over. They have to compete with each other else there will be no traffic for Amzn.

10 minutes ago, santanu18 said:

fkrt's flagship sale is BBD and Amzn's Diwali Sale which will be in two weeks after BBD gets over. They have to compete with each other else there will be no traffic for Amzn.

Great indian festival isn't the diwali sale?

3 hours ago, boltonfan said:

From my personal experience, I had the ultraboost 17 and really liked it and literally wore it for 2 years straight, but unfortunately while bowling, my big (thumb?) toe tore it. So use the shoes for regular wear or running/jogging. But prefer to not wear it while playing most sports.

The comfort it had was beyond epic.

Then last year, to replace these, I got Ultraboost 19 & Nike joyride flyknit. The nike joyride was even better and is my daily driver now. I have rarely worn my ultraboost because I find the nike to be much more comfortable. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ayush12ice said:

From my personal experience, I had the ultraboost 17 and really liked it and literally wore it for 2 years straight, but unfortunately while bowling, my big (thumb?) toe tore it. So use the shoes for regular wear or running/jogging. But prefer to not wear it while playing most sports.

The comfort it had was beyond epic.

Then last year, to replace these, I got Ultraboost 19 & Nike joyride flyknit. The nike joyride was even better and is my daily driver now. I have rarely worn my ultraboost because I find the nike to be much more comfortable. 

Yes the mesh upper is really susceptible to wear and tear. Even with moderate usage, it will eventually tear after a few years. Have had it happen to me as well. Really hurts when it happens. But the comfort and breathability offered was well worth it. 

Interestingly, mesh was really common a few years back on even mid range shoes, across brands. Due to cost cutting, it has now been replaced by Synthetic and all companies now only offer it on their top end shoes as a 'feature'. 

I haven't ever seen Joyride's for sale in India. Look futuristic and really comfortable as well. Will check them out, next time I come across them :thumbsup:

26 minutes ago, AtheK said:

Nice, it's still available :p

wtf bro

My hands were flying over my keyboard faster than the hacker dude in Watch Dogs. 

Lol, just business tactics. I think the flash sale method encourages more sales, than release day open sales, giving the image that the item is limited in quantity, and worth jumping upon?

Don't have any numbers, but I'm pretty sure that is the case. 

15 hours ago, kunjanp said:

Great indian festival isn't the diwali sale?

Nope it's just a parallel to BBD. Diwali Sale is Amzn's flagship sale.

5 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

https://www.financialexpress.com/industry/sme/in-a-first-amazons-great-indian-festival-sale-to-be-month-long-this-year-starting-october-17/2099072/

Oh boy ! Either a hit or a dud. Also it means, true sales will be sporadic and in between. 

See there is always a sale or more. Great Indian Festival and Diwali Sale matters. Anything in-between doesn't.