Jump to content

Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread


Bird Bird Bird

Recommended Posts

57 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Any leads on a good universal remote for a sony bravia led tv? My original remote also worked for controlling android fire stick connected to my sony led tv.

Android fire stick..  🤣

 

May be ur saying hdmi-cec mode.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gmanu555 said:

Android fire stick..  🤣

 

May be ur saying hdmi-cec mode.

Bro idk what's funny but funnily enough i could use the arrow keys and select button on my bravia remote to use prime video functions of android fire stick.

 

Do you have any recommendations? Otherwise plz gtfo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Bro idk what's funny but funnily enough i could use the arrow keys and select button on my bravia remote to use prime video functions of android fire stick.

 

Do you have any recommendations? Otherwise plz gtfo.

why not get a replacement remote from Sony? or is that not an option?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bhpian Bali said:

I didn't have any idea about that. I dont know if they sell spare remotes. Ill call them up and ask. 

 

Some generic remotes on amazon dont have very positive reviews so thought id ask here.

I mean if VU can replace my malfunctioning remote I'm sure Sony can.

 

Ofc for a cost.

 

I went down the universal remote hole myself and aside from a Logitech one none of them seemed very trustworthy. And I couldn't find the Logitech one in stock anyway!

Edited by Walker
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Bro idk what's funny but funnily enough i could use the arrow keys and select button on my bravia remote to use prime video functions of android fire stick.

 

Do you have any recommendations? Otherwise plz gtfo.

Chill bro. Yup what you are looking for is hdmi cec. Pls read about it. Its not a remote control feature.

 

There is amazon fire stick and there is google chromecast. That made me laugh. No offense intended.

 

It is always best to buy the original remote from company because you may not get all menu items functioning with regular universal remotes. You need to spend more for universal remotes with learning capabilities. Contact customer care first then look at alternative options.

Edited by gmanu555
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can you guys start posting ivg affiliate links the above links are clearly masked to hide affiliation 

We've had a discussion regarding it. The decision is that the onus is on members to search for that product name independently with ivg affiliate.

 

It was also told that these guys put in efforts to get links so they deserve their own affiliate links as they're running a business, but it benefits consumers.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, abhinit90 said:

We've had a discussion regarding it. The decision is that the onus is on members to search for that product name independently with ivg affiliate.

 

It was also told that these guys put in efforts to get links so they deserve their own affiliate links as they're running a business, but it benefits consumers.

 

Yes but they are intentionally masking it why can't they just post the complete link with affiliate ID or just add a note that in there post that they earn from your purchases need to be transparent 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, DinJo said:

Yes but they are intentionally masking it why can't they just post the complete link with affiliate ID or just add a note that in there post that they earn from your purchases need to be transparent 

Tbh you can click the link and replace the affiliate id or remove it and reload. But it does add an extra unnecessary step. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes but they are intentionally masking it why can't they just post the complete link with affiliate ID or just add a note that in there post that they earn from your purchases need to be transparent 
Let's take this discussion to the suggestions and feedback thread and not derail this one.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/26/2020 at 11:05 AM, abhinit90 said:

We've had a discussion regarding it. The decision is that the onus is on members to search for that product name independently with ivg affiliate.

 

It was also told that these guys put in efforts to get links so they deserve their own affiliate links as they're running a business, but it benefits consumers.

 

The 2nd coming of Jesus, bro. :roflroll:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...