Jump to content

Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread


Bird Bird Bird

Recommended Posts

Lol same here. Have an account with ICICI since 2006. Kept getting rescheduled. Finally I asked to cancel, then they called and said guy would come for kyc. He never showed up. I cancelled and got a call to say he would be coming the next day. He came the next day by which time I had cancelled. So he tells me he cant do kyc. I'm like why the f**k would you do kyc for something I don't want anyway [emoji38]
I am having a even worse experience by applying for an HDFC credit card. I applied online through their portal and submitted all the details and documents and got a confirmation that my card is approved. Since then absolutely no update on the card. I have been following up with them regarding the same for more than a month now and still no update. Their customer service is horrible. Finally last week they told me that a guy will come visit me for physical documentation. Since then absolutely no one has come or contacted me. They are ignoring my tweets regarding the issue as well. Really frustrated.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

I am having a even worse experience by applying for an HDFC credit card. I applied online through their portal and submitted all the details and documents and got a confirmation that my card is approved. Since then absolutely no update on the card. I have been following up with them regarding the same for more than a month now and still no update. Their customer service is horrible. Finally last week they told me that a guy will come visit me for physical documentation. Since then absolutely no one has come or contacted me. They are ignoring my tweets regarding the issue as well. Really frustrated.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk
 

Its really hard to say if these gaffes are because of the pandemic or just normal shitty service since we're so used to the chalta hai attitude and being treated like any services consumers receive is a favor :(

 

Edit : To add to that, visited HDFC to cancel my current account and open a savings account. They jumped through hoops to help me with filling out forms etc. I was promised a call yesterday evening to confirm my account is live but I'm still waiting. Serves me right I guess.

Edited by Walker
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Its really hard to say if these gaffes are because of the pandemic or just normal shitty service since we're so used to the chalta hai attitude and being treated like any services consumers receive is a favor [emoji20]
 
Edit : To add to that, visited HDFC to cancel my current account and open a savings account. They jumped through hoops to help me with filling out forms etc. I was promised a call yesterday evening to confirm my account is live but I'm still waiting. Serves me right I guess.
They already had bad service and now due to the pandemic it has gotten worse. Though to be honest my pre covid card application procedure with icici was extremely smooth. The only reason i applied for a HDFC card is because they have really good cashback deals regularly online.
I have escalated the issue at the moment using their web form feature let's see.

As an HDFC customer any advice on who exactly to get in touch with to solve this matter? Any specific person I could probably write to? The fact even the Twitter support ignores my request is really sad.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

They already had bad service and now due to the pandemic it has gotten worse. Though to be honest my pre covid card application procedure with icici was extremely smooth. The only reason i applied for a HDFC card is because they have really good cashback deals regularly online.
I have escalated the issue at the moment using their web form feature let's see.

As an HDFC customer any advice on who exactly to get in touch with to solve this matter? Any specific person I could probably write to? The fact even the Twitter support ignores my request is really sad.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk
 

Not really sure because as a business customer I had a personal banker or whatever who I could call and would take care of stuff for me. Now as a regular customer I feel the pain I guess. If you aren't getting any joy from customerservices.cards@hdfcbank.com or the helpline, try the Nodal Office maybe?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

I am having a even worse experience by applying for an HDFC credit card. I applied online through their portal and submitted all the details and documents and got a confirmation that my card is approved. Since then absolutely no update on the card. I have been following up with them regarding the same for more than a month now and still no update. Their customer service is horrible. Finally last week they told me that a guy will come visit me for physical documentation. Since then absolutely no one has come or contacted me. They are ignoring my tweets regarding the issue as well. Really frustrated.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk
 

All of this is my exact experience from last year. 

 

HDFC is absolute garbage. Took me about 40-45 days of following up + calls to get my card. Since then they have issued and charged me for debit cards & services that I've not requested for. This was way before the pandemic.

Link to comment
Share on other sites



Not really sure because as a business customer I had a personal banker or whatever who I could call and would take care of stuff for me. Now as a regular customer I feel the pain I guess. If you aren't getting any joy from customerservices.cards@hdfcbank.com or the helpline, try the Nodal Office maybe?


This is the email id was following up on for a month. They customer service executive who handles this email id is extremely incompetent. Don't want to get into specific details but it's pain to communicate with them.

Any idea about the email of the nodal officer? Will forward the email thread to him.

All of this is my exact experience from last year. 
 
HDFC is absolute garbage. Took me about 40-45 days of following up + calls to get my card. Since then they have issued and charged me for debit cards & services that I've not requested for. This was way before the pandemic.


Damn now I am kind of reconsidering the decision to apply for the card in the first place. If they treat all their customers this way then that's horrible.

Who did you follow up with if I may ask? Did you escalate it to anyone?

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:


 

 


This is the email id was following up on for a month. They customer service executive who handles this email id is extremely incompetent. Don't want to get into specific details but it's pain to communicate with them.

Any idea about the email of the nodal officer? Will forward the email thread to him.



Damn now I am kind of reconsidering the decision to apply for the card in the first place. If they treat all their customers this way then that's horrible.

Who did you follow up with if I may ask? Did you escalate it to anyone?

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk
 

 

https://www.hdfcbank.com/personal/useful-links/our-corporate-commitment/nodal-officers pick the one for your area. My experiences with nodal officers from other companies interactions were good.

 

 

Not sure if they treat all customers like that because my wife has had a HDFC CC for really long with no issues so far.

Edited by Walker
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, i_rock098 said:

Damn now I am kind of reconsidering the decision to apply for the card in the first place. If they treat all their customers this way then that's horrible.

Who did you follow up with if I may ask? Did you escalate it to anyone?

 

My relationship manager first then their customer support. Their grievance line has been down for COVID.

 

After a recent 1.5 hour call where I spent an hour just on hold they finally escalated my call internally and told me the branch will call me back in 24 hours to resolve a random charge they are refusing / unable to reverse because of some internal process BS. I'm still waiting for that call. I've been asking them to just give me a direct no. to call the branch but that is against process too.

 

The HDFC credit card is decent for occasional Amazon sale discount + airport lounge access but beyond that their service is just unnecessarily frustrating & sometimes quite misleading. ICICI's service in general has been a breeze comparatively, was considering shifting primary banking account to HDFC so that I have credit + debit with one bank but recent experiences have just left a horrid taste.

 

@Walker - Will try with the NODAL officer if it isn't resolved next. Thanks

Edited by El Tigre Chino
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh yeah always go thru the first lines of contact before nodal officers. Otherwise they'll mostly bump you back down. Always show that you've made an effort to resolve it at the local level. Nodal officers are the final line before the RBI banking ombudsman. 

Edited by Walker
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Walker said:

Not sure if they treat all customers like that because my wife has had a HDFC CC for really long with no issues so far.

 

Yeah don't know what the scene is. Both my parents and myself are HDFC customers, and we've never had any issues I guess.

 

My dad also recently opened a current account along with the existing savings account, smooth enough process.

We've been with the bank for 10+ years though, we know the people who work at the local branch so we just give them a call if there is anything we need to get sorted.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Applied online to open HDFC savings account, thought they will have a EKYC but they didnt. Had to visit the branch, did my KYC. But now it has been around a month, still haven't gotten my starter kit (DC and cheque book). Haven't seen such poor service from a Private bank. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

HDFC  just ignore emails and fb dms  

 

That RM  calls at weird times and asks to do policies/investments  which I have never heard of. Got so fed up that I  was thinking of terminating my services with them .

 

Only reason I like hdfc is because of the Infinia Card 

 

Worst Bank is Axis they just decide to deduct balance is name of consolidation charges . Also had one terrifying experience where one of their employee opened a demat account without my consent . Real sh*t show 

 

Best Bank till now is Citi no issues so far 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, HotSonix said:

 

Best Bank till now is Citi no issues so far 

 

 

+1000000000

Could not agree more. I've had the most handsoff experience with Citi. 

 

Also guys I think we've clogged this thread with OT now. Create a new banking thread if we need to discuss more.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mizanurification said:

Applied online to open HDFC savings account, thought they will have a EKYC but they didnt. Had to visit the branch, did my KYC. But now it has been around a month, still haven't gotten my starter kit (DC and cheque book). Haven't seen such poor service from a Private bank. 

 

banks are having massive delays all in the name of covid as an excuse. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Walker said:

+1000000000

Could not agree more. I've had the most handsoff experience with Citi. 

 

Also guys I think we've clogged this thread with OT now. Create a new banking thread if we need to discuss more.

 There is a Credit Card Thread 

Can be discussed there too

 

I opted for HDFC and ICICI cards back in 2017 as usually i see offers from these 2 in particular. Especially on Bigbasket and Amazon.

Edited by kold_war
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 There is a Credit Card Thread 
Can be discussed there too
 
I opted for HDFC and ICICI cards back in 2017 as usually i see offers from these 2 in particular. Especially on Bigbasket and Amazon.
Please continue the discussion there.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...