Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

7 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

You can never have enough storage. 

damn right. Though I prefer to have smaller drives. Easier to carry around, and I lose less data if there is drive failure. 

Edited by Chirag2001

16 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

damn right. Though I prefer to have smaller drives. Easier to carry around, and I lose less data if there is drive failure. 

I store all my photos across multiple drives, and then bluray remuxes hit 50gb+ at the minimum. So storage fills up like crazy. 

Sitting on filled up 16TB right now. Was waiting for sale before downloading stuff. :fear1:

• Confused 1

I store all my photos across multiple drives, and then bluray remuxes hit 50gb+ at the minimum. So storage fills up like crazy. 
Sitting on filled up 16TB right now. Was waiting for sale before downloading stuff. :fear1:
Pirate.

27 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Haha me too :fear1:

Although 16 GB seems a bit excessive. Do you back up the same content to multiple drives as well?

I'm sitting at around 6 TB here. I travel around quite a bit (pre-covid), and I take one drive along to watch stuff when bored. 

Not every place has high speed internet. Lugging around heavy 5TB files would be bothersome, so I use smaller drives. 

24 minutes ago, amigoatul said:

How much total discount/cashback will I get if i order a camera worth 1.43L? Have both HDFC and Amazon pay ICICI cards.

Amazon Discount Details

Should be 12,000/-, but you can check the same with that link.

At that price, I assume it is the A7 III you're looking to buy. Great choice. 

44 minutes ago, amigoatul said:

How much total discount/cashback will I get if i order a camera worth 1.43L? Have both HDFC and Amazon pay ICICI cards.

9k. 1750+1250+6000

For full 12k i.e. full CC instant discount, you need to put in different orders over the different days of the sale.

But for buying the camera, you will be putting in just 1 order.

1 hour ago, Chirag2001 said:

Haha me too :fear1:

Although 16 GB seems a bit excessive. Do you back up the same content to multiple drives as well?

I'm sitting at around 6 TB here. I travel around quite a bit (pre-covid), and I take one drive along to watch stuff when bored. 

Not every place has high speed internet. Lugging around heavy 5TB files would be bothersome, so I use smaller drives. 

Only common backup is photos (which does eat up a good chunk, but better to have multiple backups than lose redundancy). 

Considering most bluray remuxes are on average 60gb, and most such TV series hit 100gb+, the total number is around 250 odd movies/TV shows. 

Another stash is for comics ~ 1.5 TB. 

r/datahoarder, here I come. :fear1:

25 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Only common backup is photos (which does eat up a good chunk, but better to have multiple backups than lose redundancy). 

Considering most bluray remuxes are on average 60gb, and most such TV series hit 100gb+, the total number is around 250 odd movies/TV shows. 

Another stash is for comics ~ 1.5 TB. 

r/datahoarder, here I come. :fear1:

Oh yeah. I don't have that many photos yet. I did buy a hard drive for it, but all my plans this year got cancelled. Only got to use the new camera on one trip, mid February this year. 

I'm happy I at least got to try it out, would suck if I couldn't go anywhere. 

My situation is similar, except no comics. But a lot of audiobooks. But 1.5 TB of comics, well okay 

Blurays take up space, and I do have movies, shows, anime. 

Considering if I should back up my favourites to another drive just in case.

1 hour ago, GunnerY2J said:

Got a call from bluedart, that I have a cash on delivery order of 3000.

And no one has ordered anything, scammer sent this ?

Don't know who.

They didn't have my full address either, only my name and number and city.

I gave them the address because other people do order stuff but then called others who has ordered and no one had.

So I want to complain to bluedart but can't find a toll free number.

Bluedart means amazon right or could be anyone ? My orders in amazon doesn't have any order either.