Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

4 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Why impossible ? That's the price quoted by FK. 

Selling at 50k. FK has the smart upgrade offer, due to which only pay 70% of device cost till 11 months, and pay the rest in 12th month only if you want to keep it. 

Then he must have got no cost emi discount on top of it. 

Smart upgrade is a trap, don't fall for it. 99% chance of fkrt rejecting it when you 'upgrade' it next year and may force you to spend more then.

EA SPORTS™ FIFA 21 ( Game CD ) + DUALSHOCK®4 Wireless Controller + FUT 21 Voucher + PS Plus 14-day Free Trial Voucher 6291/6490/6990

Use HDFC CC/DC to get 10% Off

Edited by santanu18

1 hour ago, santanu18 said:

Smart upgrade is a trap, don't fall for it. 99% chance of fkrt rejecting it when you 'upgrade' it next year and may force you to spend more then.

EA SPORTS™ FIFA 21 ( Game CD ) + DUALSHOCK®4 Wireless Controller + FUT 21 Voucher + PS Plus 14-day Free Trial Voucher 6291/6490/6990

Use HDFC CC/DC to get 10% Off

I don't think you understood what Smart Upgrade means. It's another name for Galaxy Forever, more Flipkart oriented. 

You pay 70% for the phone now - only Samsung phones with Knox installed are allowed - and pay 30% on the 12th month if you would like to keep the phone. Else you return the phone, and buy some other. 

They are only doing the 70-30 plan with Samsung as Knox is an enterprise level security installed on majority of Samsung flagships, and they can disable your phone remotely if you either don't pay the 30% at the end or return the device. 

The Smart Upgrade page even says "Powered by Galaxy Forever". You can get the same deal on Samsung's site. 

Edit: https://news.samsung.com/in/samsung-launches-galaxy-assured-galaxy-forever-plans-in-india-now-own-galaxy-smartphones-with-complete-peace-of-mind

Edit 2: robY6bc.jpg

Edited by Bird Bird Bird
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, adity said:

So basically if you wanna keep the phone, it's still a good deal because you are getting 30 percent amount deferred. 

Yes. Deferred till 12th month. 

It's a push from Samsung to make their flagships"appear" cheaper in price. Plus if people get hooked, they will stay in Samsung's ecosystem as the replacement device also has to be a Samsung device. 

flavouredlove Traditional diyas Handmade Clay,Mitti Diyas for Navratri Diwali Puja Gifts Decoration (Model 1, Set OF2) @199

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B08LBRTBH3/&tag=i030-21

AmazonBasics Emergency Seat Belt Cutter and Window Hammer @199

https://www.amazon.in/AmazonBasics-SW-837-Emergency-Escape-Tool/dp/B073J92G1J/?&tag=i030-21

Woscher Air Purifier with True HEPA Air Purifiers Filter for Car Allergies and Pets, Smokers, Smoke, Dust, Mold, and Pollen, Air Cleaner for Hatchback,SUV & Sedans with USB Mobile Charging Point, W-0815A (app only) @ 2799

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B088GW9PVH?&tag=i030-21

LG 29 inch Ultrawide Full HD IPS Gaming, Multitasking Monitor with 1ms Response Rate, 75Hz Refresh Rate - USB C, Display Port, HDMI, VGA - 10 W Inbuilt Speaker - 29UM69 @17099

https://www.amazon.in/LG-29UM69G-Ultrawide-Monitor-SPEAKERS/dp/B0793KVRH4/?&tag=i030-21

LG 22 inch Gaming Monitor - 1ms, 75Hz, Full HD,  AMD Freesync, TN Panel Monitor, HDMI & VGA Port - 22MK400H (Black) @6299

https://www.amazon.in/LG-22-inch-Gaming-Monitor/dp/B083Y3TYJC/?&tag=i030-21

Strontium Pollex 32GB Flash Drive (Black/Red) @299

https://www.amazon.in/Strontium-Pollex-Flash-Drive-Black/dp/B01A6MJAP2?&tag=i030-21

Marvel Mighty Muggs  black widow -450

Marvels Goose -399

leia -400

chewbacca-400

Delta Enterprise Floor Jack @399

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0158OYLNO/&tag=i030-21

Edited by otaku.u

5 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Nah. It's a Samsung offer. Check Samsung's site, you'll get the same offer. There is a price difference since Flipkart is currently selling the S20+ at lower prices than Samsung. But smart upgrade offer remains the same. 

IIRC, Samsung offered it recently in India. 

And if you don't pay, what do you expect them to do ? Ofcourse they will remote wipe it. That's how they are able to give it at 30% lower cost initially. 

Edit: The remote control is provided by Samsung Knox.

I know it's a Samsung offer but what if flipkart rejects it?

JBL Flip 3 Splashproof 16 W Portable Bluetooth Speaker (Black/Blue/Grey, Stereo Channel) 59% Off 3999

LEGO 76896 Nissan GT-R Nismo 45% Off 1649

LEGO 76897 1985 Audi Sport Quattro S1 45% Off 1649

Edited by santanu18

10 minutes ago, santanu18 said:

There's nothing to reject. You either return the phone since you've technically not paid the full amount or pay the last 30% and keep the phone. Again, there's nothing to reject. It's not an exchange. 

1 minute ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

There's nothing to reject. You either return the phone since you've technically not paid the full amount or pay the last 30% and keep the phone. Again, there's nothing to reject. It's not an exchange. 

What about upgrading to another Samsung phone?

Just now, santanu18 said:

What about upgrading to another Samsung phone?

You've to pay the full amount. 

Basically if you return the device on FK, you're forfeiting whatever you paid for the device (barring the last 30% that you haven't paid). So in case of S20+, you've paid 35k and used the device for 11 months, and that's it. Either return the device and buy a new one at whatever the current market value is, or pay 15k and keep the device forever. 

On FK, I couldn't find any restriction on upgradation i.e. limited to Samsung only. I think that's only when purchasing via Samsung's site. 

9 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

You've to pay the full amount. 

Basically if you return the device on FK, you're forfeiting whatever you paid for the device (barring the last 30% that you haven't paid). So in case of S20+, you've paid 35k and used the device for 11 months, and that's it. Either return the device and buy a new one at whatever the current market value is, or pay 15k and keep the device forever. 

On FK, I couldn't find any restriction on upgradation i.e. limited to Samsung only. I think that's only when purchasing via Samsung's site. 

Thank you for the detailed explanation.

Nike Women's Shoes up to 90% Off from 1049

JBL PROFESSIONAL 104 Compact Desktop Reference 60 W Bluetooth Studio Monitor
http://dl.flipkart.com/dl/jbl-professional-104-compact-desktop-reference-60-w-bluetooth-studio-monitor/p/itm7c5820c670603?pid=ACCFQN3PY7VK9H3R&cmpid=product.share.pp

5399 with SBI credit/debit cards....awesome deal...best studio monitor speakers at this price..

7 hours ago, otaku.u said:

Those who bought  air pods pro through seller trucommretail on flipkart please take a look at this thread and check your package. People are getting first copy fakes

At this point, I'll be highly wary of ordering any high value item from FK. This is pretty bad, and I'm sure the guy will have a tough time getting it replaced (even if it happens). 

I read somewhere that while packing also a video is made of the products being packed, so when does this swap happen?

Is the delivery team being scrupulous, sending an A50 or whatever instead of S20+ couldn't be deliberate corporate decision by Fk right.

2 minutes ago, blitzkreiig said:

I read somewhere that while packing also a video is made of the products being packed, so when does this swap happen?

Is the delivery team being scrupulous, sending an A50 or whatever instead of S20+ couldn't be deliberate corporate decision by Fk right.

I really doubt they make and store videos of millions of items being shipped every day. Imagine the logistics. 

OTOH, If anybody wants to buy S20+ at the same price as FK, Samsung's site is also selling it for 49999. If you've a corporate id, you also get 1 year free of accidental and liquid damage warranty. 

2 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I really doubt they make and store videos of millions of items being shipped every day. Imagine the logistics. 

OTOH, If anybody wants to buy S20+ at the same price as FK, Samsung's site is also selling it for 49999. If you've a corporate id, you also get 1 year free of accidental and liquid damage warranty. 

Then it that case it would be the customer's word against the e-commerce site as to which product was delivered. I have never recorded an unboxing. But i ordered a high value phone this sale from Amazon - Darshita Electronics and now i am mighty worried.