Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

1 hour ago, santanu18 said:

Someone else who asked which card offers will be there in Amazon Diwali sale - definitely not Axis as it will be with flipkart from today midnight. Of course HDFC won't be repeated, minimum will be ICICI and I expect SBI to be there too. Not sure about something else will be there or not.

I did. Thats alright tbh, I have Axis SBI and HDFC. If SBI is there it is not a problem.

I'm looking to buy a monitor (Benq 27" FHD IPS), and possibly another Philips air fryer (as a gift).

4 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

But 28% gst should be on the 20% custom amount no?

Like if item costs 100rs, 20rs as custom and 28% of 20 i.e. 5.6 rs gst for a net of 25.6rs as tax? 

The custom duty is actually range from 20-60% max, there have been horror stories of indian figurine collectors being charged almost 80% of duty for a 6-8 inch figure with no big box packaging, and customs damage the boxes as well, really bad for collectors, i myself was once charged around 70% duty 5 years back for a figurine, this new law will screw us, by this they can charge full price duty of the products especially the ones that are not tiny packages.

5 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

I did. Thats alright tbh, I have Axis SBI and HDFC. If SBI is there it is not a problem.

I'm looking to buy a monitor (Benq 27" FHD IPS), and possibly another Philips air fryer (as a gift).

Just some friendly advice, i use a benq FHD RL24, and since my TV is broken i use the monitor, games like fall guys, NFS and especially AC Odyssey look bad, idk if it's because i am using a console on a PC Monitor, but do check LG and samsung monitors, animme looks good on the benq monitor, i don't play many shooters to tell you about 1ms Response time i have, bt i played apex with friends and due to our cable net being bad with pings i didn't know if the RT was working well.

PQ on benq leaves alot to be desired for console gaming at least, i don't feel much immersion like the PQ is sucking me in, and benq speakers are plain bad if you ever need to use it as a TV in a pinch. For PC you'd use a speaker set anyway so no worries.

30 USD

Ah that’s probably why, items usually under 1000 bucks do not get charged customs usually. And Dbrand would most likely have declared the actual value of the item on the shipping. Of course everything depends on the officer checking the package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just some friendly advice, i use a benq FHD RL24, and since my TV is broken i use the monitor, games like fall guys, NFS and especially AC Odyssey look bad, idk if it's because i am using a console on a PC Monitor, but do check LG and samsung monitors, animme looks good on the benq monitor, i don't play many shooters to tell you about 1ms Response time i have, bt i played apex with friends and due to our cable net being bad with pings i didn't know if the RT was working well.

PQ on benq leaves alot to be desired for console gaming at least, i don't feel much immersion like the PQ is sucking me in, and benq speakers are plain bad if you ever need to use it as a TV in a pinch. For PC you'd use a speaker set anyway so no worries.

As a former Benq user, monitors live and die by LG IPS panels. Literally do not get anything else when LG is available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

The custom duty is actually range from 20-60% max, there have been horror stories of indian figurine collectors being charged almost 80% of duty for a 6-8 inch figure with no big box packaging, and customs damage the boxes as well, really bad for collectors, i myself was once charged around 70% duty 5 years back for a figurine, this new law will screw us, by this they can charge full price duty of the products especially the ones that are not tiny packages.

Over so many years on IVg, one thing has been constant. Custom department basically has no clarity on how much they are charging.

47 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Over so many years on IVg, one thing has been constant. Custom department basically has no clarity on how much they are charging.

I once had to go to customs 8-9 years ago just because they thought my figurines were 70,000 Rs, when on box it was written and i pointed it out it was written 7,000 yen which was Rs.3000 back then, the people were literate scum, they said sorry for their debacle and still i had to pay them Rs.3600 just to get my figurines, they were also discussing back then how they will milk a few golf sticks or something someone else ordered and was left duty unpaid at their office. These people are not dumb do understand that, on the contrary they are smarter than us, back then they knew everything from paypal and sometimes safe declarations people use to get objects duty free, now they are just abusing their power with govt. supporting them with outrageous duties on figurines and now like bird said it seems everything is a go.

Edited by NitroNeo
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

I once had to go to customs 8-9 years ago just because they thought my figurines were 70,000 Rs, when on box it was written and i pointed it out it was written 7,000 yen which was Rs.3000 back then, the people were literate scum, they said sorry for their debacle and still i had to pay them Rs.3600 just to get my figurines, they were also discussing back then how they will milk a few golf sticks or something someone else ordered and was left duty unpaid at their office. These people are not don't do understand that, on the contrary they are smarter than us, back then they knew everything from paypal and sometimes safe declarations people use to get objects duty free, now they are just abusing their power with govt. supporting them with outrageous duties on figurines and now like bird said it seems everything is a go.

Yeah literally everyone tries their best to scam people. Guess nothing will change.

48 minutes ago, NitroNeo said:

Don't worry about it, I already use a Benq 24 inch myself. I'm giving it to my dad (since his Dell monitor sucks) and upgrading to the same monitor in 27 inch size.

Anime looks decent with the right picture profile. I played Apex on it with friends for the past 6 months, look good with the game mode profile. 

Not as good as my TV, but for intensive games like Apex I find sitting closer with a monitor lets me play better. 

41 minutes ago, Nathan.Drake said:

38 minutes ago, adity said:

Very shady website. Avoid. 

35 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

This is the same site where the owner was being an absolute total dick to customers. He even demanded to take down reddit threads showing his behaviour. 

25 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Nope the f**k out of that website NOW. The owner is a dickhead. 

Exactly....i saw that a few days back in this very thread.....the owner is an absolute tool.

A big nope to that website :P

Any link to cheap m2 nvme usb enclosures/adapter? My current m2 drive is a boot drive, so need to clone it, and for that need usb access for the nvme drive. 

The m2 sata options are cheap, but m2 nvme usb options are 2.5-3k ! Eats away all discount of the nvme drive. :ranting:

Edited by Bird Bird Bird
  • Haha 1