Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

Featherlite and IKEA seem to be a grade up up from the under Rs.5000 segment chairs but their shapes don't seem more ergonomic. The Henry is hecking:blink: expensive but the adjustable back looks very useful.  Amplechairs has cheaper chairs and I'm wondering if they're better than amazon? 

13 minutes ago, Trippin_Kogaku said:

Amplechairs has cheaper chairs and I'm wondering if they're better than amazon? 

Better than the generic brand chairs, yes. I bought the Marvel model from them which cost me around 9K with a few spec changes.

+1 for Ikea Markus, but getting it is a bit of a pain.

Edited by sudeepg95

45 minutes ago, Trippin_Kogaku said:

Featherlite and IKEA seem to be a grade up up from the under Rs.5000 segment chairs but their shapes don't seem more ergonomic. The Henry is hecking:blink: expensive but the adjustable back looks very useful.  Amplechairs has cheaper chairs and I'm wondering if they're better than amazon? 

IKEA has a ton of options. But I specifically mentioned about the Markus because I barely miss the office Herman Miller anymore. It's genuinely good. 

6 hours ago, Trippin_Kogaku said:

Any suggestions on good chairs? The flashy ''gamer'' chairs seem like overhype and I don't need a headrest anyway. What I'm looking for is a height adjustable chair with either good or adjustable back support and straight seat (ie not a seat where you have to raise your knees over your thighs to sit). 

Check this out

Da URBAN® GRACO Medium Back revolving Office Chair (Black) (1Pc) 57% Off 2974

15 hours ago, dante77 said:

Hey guys, need a suggestion for gaming keyboard. By gaming keyboard I mean the keyboard with low latency, as low as controllers. I am not asking for multiplayer, just single player experience. I want to play on my TV with my laptop connected but with KB+Mouse only. The current one I have sometimes lags and gets buggy if a lot of keys are pressed at once.

Preferably non mechanical one. Just need it work like controllers.

I don't think mechanical wireless gaming keyboard and that also good is available in India. You have to compromise on something or the other, either mechanical or wireless or gaming keyboard.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Yes. Like I said, a NON mechanical one. Just a simple wireless keyboard which works as fast as any other wireless controller.

Keyboards are especially vulnerable to interference. I don't know why but they are the most finicky of my wireless devices. Try using a USB extender to bring the receiver as close to your keyboard and as far away from other wireless devices as possible.

2 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Yes but from my bed to tv, a wire would not look so good and have always a chance of someone getting stuck in it.

I wonder how come wireless controllers have the technology but not any keyboard after all these years? No one really though of playing a PC game on big tv from distance?

Using a keyboard is not very comfortable without proper back support and a desk. 

Even today, wired controllers are considered far superior to wireless ones. Also, any reason you are against mechanical keyboards? You'd have a far superior experience with mechanical keyboards than with membrane ones. 

Using a keyboard is not very comfortable without proper back support and a desk. 

Even today, wired controllers are considered far superior to wireless ones. Also, any reason you are against mechanical keyboards? You'd have a far superior experience with mechanical keyboards than with membrane ones. 
Late night gaming and even day gaming with those click sounds. My wife would throw me out. Although, I will eventually buy a mechanical keyboard for my work but its not a priority.

Anyway, if you know a good wireless mechanical keyboard with low latency then sure. I'll take that and play when my wife is isn't at home.

PS: is it too much to ask to play PC gaming with kb+Mouse on the conform of your bed if you have no problems with sitting adjustment. I play PS4 at ease, want the same experience with PC. Always played PC games and enjoyed on my laptop but its time play on big screen now that I have one!

2 hours ago, dante77 said:

Late night gaming and even day gaming with those click sounds. My wife would throw me out. Although, I will eventually buy a mechanical keyboard for my work but its not a priority.

Anyway, if you know a good wireless mechanical keyboard with low latency then sure. I'll take that and play when my wife is isn't at home.

PS: is it too much to ask to play PC gaming with kb+Mouse on the conform of your bed if you have no problems with sitting adjustment. I play PS4 at ease, want the same experience with PC. Always played PC games and enjoyed on my laptop but its time play on big screen now that I have one!

No man. There's nothing wrong with your preference. It's just that I find it difficult to use the keyboard and mouse for couch gaming. And I was particular about using a mechanical keyboard for gaming/working, so really didn't bother with good membrane keyboards. So really can't comment on what's good for PC. If you want to know about mechanical keybs, will be able to help you. 

Edited by l33tmaniac
  • Like 1

No man. There's nothing wrong with your preference. It's just that I find it difficult to use the keyboard and mouse for couch gaming. And I was particular about using a mechanical keyboard for gaming/working, so really didn't bother with good membrane keyboards for gaming. So really can't comment on what's good for PC. If you want to know about mechanical keybs, will be able to help you. 
Sure. Will ask if I need a mechanical one. Too much hype and I sure as hell have to type a lot for my work sl its on the cards!

Thanks!

33 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Sure. Will ask if I need a mechanical one. Too much hype and I sure as hell have to type a lot for my work sl its on the cards!

Thanks!

Haha sure :D Before you narrow down on a membrane board for gaming,  I'd suggest that you look the Keychron Kx series since you said you might look at one for work. It's going to launch in India officially in the next week or so and it's also wireless. Try getting it and see if it also works fine as a gaming keyboard. It uses bluetooth and some folks have had decent success using it for gaming as well. 

Edited by l33tmaniac
  • Like 1

Haha sure [emoji3] Before you narrow down on a membrane board for gaming,  I'd suggest that you look the Keychron Kx series since you said you might look at one for work. It's going to launch in India officially in the next week or so and it's aksi wireless. Try getting it and see if it also works fine as a gaming keyboard. It uses bluetooth and some folks have had decent success using it for gaming as well. 
Hmmm. That's a good suggestion. Any idea how much its gonna cost.

23 minutes ago, dante77 said:
29 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

Haha sure emoji3.png Before you narrow down on a membrane board for gaming,  I'd suggest that you look the Keychron Kx series since you said you might look at one for work. It's going to launch in India officially in the next week or so and it's aksi wireless. Try getting it and see if it also works fine as a gaming keyboard. It uses bluetooth and some folks have had decent success using it for gaming as well. 

Hmmm. That's a good suggestion. Any idea how much its gonna cost.

I think it starts at around 6.2k for the base model with white LED. Goes up to 7.7k if you want the keyboard to have aluminium backplate. 

Edited by l33tmaniac
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

What an age we live in bc, keyboards cost 6-7k. I remember using those cheap wireless ones that used to cost 1100-1200 rs for the keyboard and mouse.:fear1:

Good keyboards and mice have always costed upwards of 5k at least in the past 7-8 years :fear: