Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

23 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Can someone suggest a 32 inch monitor?

I am looking for best and rich colors with excellent HDR support 

Good HDR in monitors is a tough ask. 
Look for monitors with VESA HDR 600 (at least) or 1000 certification. But can get as expensive as OLED TVs. 

Most of the cheap HDR monitors can’t even get close to 350 nits. It looks worse. 

• Thanks 1

I heard iPhone 12 getting a fat discount, going down to 55K on Flipkart's sale?

I'm only an Amazon Prime member, sale starts 2nd October midnight or at noon?

Hoping they match that deal, plan to get an iPhone 12 for my dad. 

Frankly, might get one for myself also - just haven't decided yet.

7 hours ago, R a g h u said:

I am planning to buy a side by side refrigerator. Should I go out and try in local stores or get it during the sale?

Don't buy expensive TV, Fridge etc online, IMo. The customer service offered by good offline store is much better.  Prices are also better offline on these items.

• Like 2

If you decide to buy from a store try to go a big retailer who has multiple outlets (croma, vijay, reliance), check out high end appliances (in the category you want to buy) even if its above your budget, ask the salesman if he has any rejected pieces and check them out. Rejected pieces are usually stuff that got a dent or stratch while transportation or storage and is not fit for sale. The internals will be fine and you’ll get the standard warranty like any other unit.

DO NOT simply go and ask for it as theyll reject it outright and this mostly wont work with budget caegory. One of my friend got a 1.2 l refrigerator just before covid for some 70~75k. Try it out, you might land a good deal

• Like 2

4 hours ago, playstationdude said:

Don't buy expensive TV, Fridge etc online, IMo. The customer service offered by good offline store is much better.  Prices are also better offline on these items.

1 hour ago, KnackChap said:

If you decide to buy from a store try to go a big retailer who has multiple outlets (croma, vijay, reliance), check out high end appliances (in the category you want to buy) even if its above your budget, ask the salesman if he has any rejected pieces and check them out. Rejected pieces are usually stuff that got a dent or stratch while transportation or storage and is not fit for sale. The internals will be fine and you’ll get the standard warranty like any other unit.

DO NOT simply go and ask for it as theyll reject it outright and this mostly wont work with budget caegory. One of my friend got a 1.2 l refrigerator just before covid for some 70~75k. Try it out, you might land a good deal

Thanks for the inputs 😊

My budget is 1 lakh . I am looking towards a refrigerator with water and ice dispenser. I zeroed in on a LG one. Will go and check the local stores during the weekend. I actually want to exchange my current one also.

27 minutes ago, R a g h u said:

Thanks for the inputs 😊

My budget is 1 lakh . I am looking towards a refrigerator with water and ice dispenser. I zeroed in on a LG one. Will go and check the local stores during the weekend. I actually want to exchange my current one also.

Try to find a double door (top+bottom) fridge with a water+ice dispenser.

The side by side ones have absolutely no management. Horizontal space is cut in half and you can hardly put one tray or big bowl at one level. There is absolutely no need to have a freezer taking up half of the area.

While a top+bottom fridge offers greater area and flexibility.

Go with LG only, Samsung is not good for the long run.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DarkDemon said:
7 hours ago, SuperT said:
This is on Amazon or Flipkart?

Amazon and Samsung shop.

Have them and used Airpods Pro too. These just blow Airpods out of the water with their sound quality. Surprisingly good. Wind reduction is amazing, I've taken office calls in balcony and others didnt hear any wind. ambient mode isnt natural like Apple but its more like assistive hearing and lets you hear even more than your normal hearing if you crank up the settings to max. There is nothing better at that price on Android side. WF1000XM4 and Momentum are better but much more expensive.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DarkDemon said:
1 hour ago, SuperT said:
Online the reviews aren't the best when it comes to fit so don't know if they are good for gym use. 

That's why I thought if some user could share his experience. That would have been great.

Fit is questionable. Its a very weird shape and lack of wingtips makes them feel unsafe. Havent dropped them outta ear yet though.

• Like 1