Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

On 9/20/2021 at 8:56 PM, Aercy said:

Is this confirmed? I mean they started promoting from last week, promo campaigns 3.5 weeks ahead of sale? Isn't it too stretched apart?

Flipkart couldn’t handle Amazon announcing the date that is 4 days early 🤪

Flipkart advances dates for Big Billion Days sale to October 3

11 hours ago, Aercy said:

I have put a lot of things on hold for this sale and I am enraged that they are launching sales during shrad/pitrapaksh when a lot of people specifically do not make such purchases. 

3 hours ago, Bhpian Bali said:

I have put a lot of things on hold for this sale and I am enraged that they are launching sales during shrad/pitrapaksh when a lot of people specifically do not make such purchases. 

Happy because Durga Puja starts 11th October and all the bug purchases happen prior to that in this part of the country.

2 hours ago, the_highkage1 said:

Guys can I expect good deals on controllers?? Dualshock4 , xbone, Logitech f310, f710 during these sales??

N if someone has any deals here ...please feel free to PM me

You’ll get the best deals on controllers in the upcoming deals, more on Amazon than FK going by past trends

44 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

I don't expect any deep discounts after the retailer complaints.

CAIT keeps complaining, they now are complaining about Shopee’s entry to India.

18 hours ago, Aercy said:

Now Amazon advances date to 3rd from 4th 😬

Amazon Great Indian Festival sale to now start on Oct 3 after Flipkart announces revised dates

51 minutes ago, dante77 said:

I really like all this advancing date. Better for us :wOOtjumpy:

How is that better?

Sales starts early for Prime members anyway and this is just classic Game theory. There is no way that the sales don't start on the same date.

• Haha 1

How is that better?
Sales starts early for Prime members anyway and this is just classic Game theory. There is no way that the sales don't start on the same date.
How is that not better? If someone wants to buy some items and is waiting for the sale. If it starts early, he can buy those things early! Unless I am missing the point here.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, dante77 said:
13 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:
How is that better?

How is that not better? If someone wants to buy some items and is waiting for the sale. If it starts early, he can buy those things early! Unless I am missing the point here.

Historically, the discounts have been lesser when the sales have been farther than the dussehra.

22 minutes ago, dante77 said:
29 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:
Historically, the discounts have been lesser when the sales have been farther than the dussehra.

Ohhh sh*t! I was afraid you are gonna say that. f**k this sh*t man!!!

I am looking to buy a few appliances myself and even last year the offline prices beat out these sales handedly on Dussehra.

Online there has always been a correlation with the proximity to Dusshera and Diwali, i remember that they extended the sale last time and few of the appliances in my watchlist actually got cheaper towards the end of those sales.

But this can always not be the case.

3 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

I am looking to buy a few appliances myself and even last year the offline prices beat out these sales handedly on Dussehra.

Online there has always been a correlation with the proximity to Dusshera and Diwali, i remember that they extended the sale last time and few of the appliances in my watchlist actually got cheaper towards the end of those sales.

But this can always not be the case.

Don’t worry there will be another mini-sale before Diwali. But majority of the deals will be available in the current one. It has happend before also. And for those who want to buy for Diwali can buy now also (am I wrong here?).

Besides, I think CAIT will appreciate that Diwali sales is left to retail stores largely. Makes everyone happy.

23 minutes ago, 0verlord said:

Can someone suggest a 32 inch monitor?

I am looking for best and rich colors with excellent HDR support 

Good HDR in monitors is a tough ask. 
Look for monitors with VESA HDR 600 (at least) or 1000 certification. But can get as expensive as OLED TVs. 

Most of the cheap HDR monitors can’t even get close to 350 nits. It looks worse. 

• Thanks 1