Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

57 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Holy f**k. 2k USD for referral. Superb. 

Sad thing is I barely refer people and they never crack the interview. I've heard of folks making a fair bit of money via referrals. My luck :(

22 minutes ago, l33tmaniac said:

Sad thing is I barely refer people and they never crack the interview. I've heard of folks making a fair bit of money via referrals. My luck :(

Refer me. I'll crack the interviewer :lol:

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, l33tmaniac said:

I have seen a lot of people in tech make 2-3 extra email-ids for different posts and hand out referrals like peanuts. It has turned into a pure numbers game for some. Completely defeats the purpose of referrals even if my company pays $1.5k.

So be happy that you are actually sticking to it.

Btw, does anyone want a referral?  

Just asking :fear1:

12 hours ago, KunjanPSD said:

I have seen a lot of people in tech make 2-3 extra email-ids for different posts and hand out referrals like peanuts. It has turned into a pure numbers game for some. Completely defeats the purpose of referrals even if my company pays $1.5k.

So be happy that you are actually sticking to it.

Btw, does anyone want a referral?  

Just asking :fear1:

12 hours ago, dante77 said:

If we are talking about referral in a company then it's normal. My company gives 1 lac as referral on someone's joining.

I will soon be contacting you guys via PM. I am planning to switch in first quarter of 2022.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, dante77 said:

If we are talking about referral in a company then it's normal. My company gives 1 lac as referral on someone's joining.

Can’t be any job position. For that much, it must be Senior manager related level or higher posting. For such positions, it must be difficult to find people with required experience. 

Can’t be any job position. For that much, it must be Senior manager related level or higher posting. For such positions, it must be difficult to find people with required experience. 

No. It is for everyone except freshers. It makes sense since consultancies asks a huge amount from companies. Why do you think consultancies work so hard on every single candidate.
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, dante77 said:
21 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

No. It is for everyone except freshers. It makes sense since consultancies asks a huge amount from companies. Why do you think consultancies work so hard on every single candidate.

And with the current attrition numbers, the companies are going hand over fist to attract talent and best way to do that is via referrals.

30 minutes ago, dante77 said:
35 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

Of course but Everyone? Same 1 lac from entry level to CEO position? 

Of course but Everyone? Same 1 lac from entry level to CEO position? 
My company ain't big. No ceo and management positions. Just a 2-3+ to around 10 years old developer would do. At least for us, maybe management have something else.

This was 40k for junior and 60k for senior earlier but they recently changed it considering hiring challenges.
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, dante77 said:

My company ain't big. No ceo and management positions. Just a 2-3+ to around 10 years old developer would do. At least for us, maybe management have something else.

This was 40k for junior and 60k for senior earlier but they recently changed it considering hiring challenges.

That make sense.

Someone called it the Great Resignation.  It is happening worldwide and most people wants a 40 hrs 5 days a week with all the benefits. 

Edited by Mysteryman

On 10/26/2021 at 3:11 PM, SuperT said:

The Sony XM3 are pretty good but cant recommend them for running or any sort of workout. You can consider the Momentum TWS2 or wait for the Sony XM4. The Soundcore Liberty 3 Pro and Jabra 7 Pro should launch by end of this year in India if you can wait those are supposed to be pretty good too. 

So checked these out. XM4s have no date for an India release. Momentum earbuds cannot be used independently, either have to use both or none. Same for the Jabra 85T. The Elite 7 Pro doesn't have this issue but the release date isn't final yet, expected to be end October. 

Lets see...

23 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

So checked these out. XM4s have no date for an India release. Momentum earbuds cannot be used independently, either have to use both or none. Same for the Jabra 85T. The Elite 7 Pro doesn't have this issue but the release date isn't final yet, expected to be end October. 

Lets see...

Like I said for workouts the premium offerings right now available in India aren't great. I suggest you hang on to the Samsung Buds + for workouts for now and wait for a month or so for others to launch.

15 hours ago, dante77 said:

Crazy. 

Here, its just 5000 - 10000 bucks. :lol:

Edited by Bird Bird Bird
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Like I said for workouts the premium offerings right now available in India aren't great. I suggest you hang on to the Samsung Buds + for workouts for now and wait for a month or so for others to launch.

Workout use isn't the issue, it's that for some buds either we have to use both earbuds together or none. Like a master-slave connection. With my galaxy buds plus I can charge one bud and use the other. 

In any case the Jabra 7 Pro is launching 1st Nov and seems to have this independent use option. I'll wait a week and check those out.

10 minutes ago, LordSpymaster said:

Workout use isn't the issue, it's that for some buds either we have to use both earbuds together or none. Like a master-slave connection. With my galaxy buds plus I can charge one bud and use the other. 

In any case the Jabra 7 Pro is launching 1st Nov and seems to have this independent use option. I'll wait a week and check those out.

Perfect! You can go for the 7 Pro as they tick all the boxes.