Jump to content

Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread


Bird Bird Bird

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

He wants to go from Android to iOS.

 

Yes. in the description of the app, it only says iPhone to Android, not the other way round.

 

Conclusion: Took screenshots and decided to just f**k it and switch.

But apparently I've requested too many OTPs for whatsapp verification with all these apps and such, and now I have to wait TWO DAYS :wallbash:

Edited by North
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Walker said:

Rofl. It's probably still preparing for dispatch in the backend :lol:

It says it left the Amazon facility and provided time as well, so I choose to believe it's on its way. Earlier it was showing it'll be delivered by the 21st and now it says Tuesday lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, CtrlAltDev93 said:

It says it left the Amazon facility and provided time as well, so I choose to believe it's on its way. Earlier it was showing it'll be delivered by the 21st and now it says Tuesday lol

Yeah man. J/k :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I noticed that both package i received from amazon that was shipped from another state had poor packing and inside box were also either open or with no proper tape. One was belkin power strip and other was headphone so not exactly high value item but still concerning. Items shipped from same city had proper packing. Has this been the case with anyone else?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, mohit9206 said:

I noticed that both package i received from amazon that was shipped from another state had poor packing and inside box were also either open or with no proper tape. One was belkin power strip and other was headphone so not exactly high value item but still concerning. Items shipped from same city had proper packing. Has this been the case with anyone else?

Honestly packing is a hit/miss situation with FK and Amazon, sometimes they send huge boxes full of bubble wrap for pens/notebooks and on the other hand they once sent a glass jar (coffee) put inside a box with just some paper inside luckily it did not break but the cap was chipped. Specially during sales the packaging is worse. However, for high value items they are careful (PS5 doesnt count :rofl:)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SuperT said:

Honestly packing is a hit/miss situation with FK and Amazon, sometimes they send huge boxes full of bubble wrap for pens/notebooks and on the other hand they once sent a glass jar (coffee) put inside a box with just some paper inside luckily it did not break but the cap was chipped. Specially during sales the packaging is worse. However, for high value items they are careful (PS5 doesnt count :rofl:)

Amazon didnt even package my series x and a friend's ps5 that i ordered. Just straight up stuck labels on the box and handed them to me.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, playstationdude said:

Amazon didnt even package my series x and a friend's ps5 that i ordered. Just straight up stuck labels on the box and handed them to me.

True. That is why I said PS5 doesn't count, I guess they dont consider PS5/Xbox high value items. :scratchchin:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, playstationdude said:

Amazon didnt even package my series x and a friend's ps5 that i ordered. Just straight up stuck labels on the box and handed them to me.

 

What the? They (Amazon) had did a really shoddy packaging job when it came to my Xbox one X and it was just a basic plastic cover wrapped on the main box. For the Playstation 5, fortunately, it was packed appropriately for the day-1 models. 

 

I think they are really cutting a lot of corners these days when it comes to packaging products. :( 

Edited by Ethan_Hunt
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Lowest price ever ?

Absolutely. 112k for these is lowest I've ever seen.

Bird, if you are considering M1, look for 16gb option if you use many tabs, apps or anything RAM heavy. M1 macs are notorious for using ssd for dumping RAM.
Earlier there was issue of macs writing so much that SSDs started giving out in months. My device has used 4TB write every month while Surface Laptop 3 used this much write in a year. 

1. Apple Discussion Thread on Issue

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, OnlyConsultant said:

Absolutely. 112k for these is lowest I've ever seen.

Bird, if you are considering M1, look for 16gb option if you use many tabs, apps or anything RAM heavy. M1 macs are notorious for using ssd for dumping RAM.
Earlier there was issue of macs writing so much that SSDs started giving out in months. My device has used 4TB write every month while Surface Laptop 3 used this much write in a year. 

1. Apple Discussion Thread on Issue

 

 

I know, man. But online sites except Apple store don't offer 16gb RAM or 1 TB SSD variants. And thus no major discounts. 

 

Edit: Wife's Air is doing OK tbh. Not much writes. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...