Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

Just now, Mr. Comingle said:

Amazon has issues at times where you have to escalate but it's generally smooth af. Flipkart is crap. Always has been. 

Also, customers are assholes here so I would say a lot of the reported fake items are just scams. Most of the unboxing videos are not legit - starting from a point where the package is already opened. And a lot of the legit fake items also result from customer scams. 

Unless there's some data, I would say the scam can happen anywhere - specially from delivery side of things. Ofcourse, consumers must be scamming a good amount, but what's the percentage ? And pretty sure these scams happen everywhere, not just in India. 

In most Western countries, you can return any item within 30 days even if you're just not satisfied. Humans are same everywhere - so there must be huge scams happening in those countries too (check the Amazon seller central forums - you'll get an idea on the level of scams in US). 

It's bad that we don't get that option with Amazon India. 

I was looking to buy a pair of headphones, but wasn't sure of fit, and eventually bought them of Headphonezone. They at least give you the option to exchange the item for another stuff in case you're not satisfied. No money back, but it's better than nothing. 

3 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Yeah. I've not recieved wrong products, but the recent "save the environment" packing is quite bad. My XSX box was just crushed and torn from the side, hopefully everything inside was fine.

sh*t, my XSX box will be f**ked up as well then. Don’t know when it’ll be arriving.

PS5 from FK was sent like that but there was just one tiny damage which probably happened when they opened the box to insert the crappy Day-1 certificate.

Surprisingly, XSS came in protected box from FK at launch.

Looking at all these FK complaints, I'm starting to feel like I've been really lucky so far. Always got the product well packaged(bought products worth over 3L in last 2 years), got wrong product only once but they replaced it within a week, and I seem to get the best price on FK comparatively :/

Edited by gecko89

4 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Unless there's some data, I would say the scam can happen anywhere - specially from delivery side of things. Ofcourse, consumers must be scamming a good amount, but what's the percentage ? And pretty sure these scams happen everywhere, not just in India. 

In most Western countries, you can return any item within 30 days even if you're just not satisfied. Humans are same everywhere - so there must be huge scams happening in those countries too (check the Amazon seller central forums - you'll get an idea on the level of scams in US). 

It's bad that we don't get that option with Amazon India. 

I was looking to buy a pair of headphones, but wasn't sure of fit, and eventually bought them of Headphonezone. They at least give you the option to exchange the item for another stuff in case you're not satisfied. No money back, but it's better than nothing. 

Yeah… Amazon US is quite good with exchanges. 

Headphones must have this option. Almost impossible to get the fit right the first time. 

Most of the reviews for headphones I read on amazon US/UK mention that they just returned due to poor fit. 

It’s impossible to do it here. 

Edited by Vamos

1 minute ago, Aercy said:

sh*t, my XSX box will be f**ked up as well then. Don’t know when it’ll be arriving.

PS5 from FK was sent like that but there was just one tiny damage which probably happened when they opened the box to insert the crappy Day-1 certificate.

Surprisingly, XSS came in protected box from FK at launch.

My PS5 was packed in a box, extremely well packed. XSX was sent inside an envelope sorta packing, extremely thin, pretty much useless. It was torn, so was the box. 

Regarding FK, I believe that products marked “Flipkart assured” are safe. Also always check the seller reviews. 

Agreed that the OTP for high value packages and open door policy should be mandatory 

Even in the US, they don’t have OTP. The delivery people just leave the stuff at the door and get stolen later. 

3 minutes ago, Vamos said:

impossible to do it here

Try Headphonezone.in. 

If you're not satisfied with a product for whatever reason, including fit, you can get the money back as credit, and can be used for another product. 

Better than being stuck with an unusable product. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mysteryman said:

Even in the US, they don’t have OTP. The delivery people just leave the stuff at the door and get stolen later. 

But the consumer protection policy is much better, and 30 day returns are a lifesaver. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Comingle said:

Don't get started on headphonezone lol. That exchange thing is valid only on certain items. For everything else if you return 15% fee is applied. f**ker sent me a defective Bluetooth headphone which would have microstutters every few minutes. Not immediately apparent. I returned it, they didn't acknowledge the issue. Ended up taking the L on it and ordered the wired version. These were 12k headphones btw. 

They'll also write blogs to shift the sh*t they stock pretending they're your friend and don't approve negative reviews. Every product on the site has 4.5-5 star reviews. Especially the ones they officially distribute. 

Ooh. I have only bought 2-3 products from them, and have had great experience so far.

Just now, rushaboswal said:

TataCliq IS Perfect for me. 

Is Croma the default supplier on TC (both are Tata companies) ? 

Croma also does 3 hour delivery on selected items, but the price leaves much to be desired. 

12 minutes ago, gecko89 said:

Looking at all these FK complaints, I'm starting to feel like I've been really lucky so far. Always got the product well packaged(bought products worth over 3L in last 2 years), got wrong product only once but they replaced it within a week, and I seem to get the best price on FK comparatively :/

8 minutes ago, Mysteryman said:

Regarding FK, I believe that products marked “Flipkart assured” are safe. Also always check the seller reviews. 

Agreed that the OTP for high value packages and open door policy should be mandatory 

This is probably it.

Checked my orders, they're all Flipkart Assured, and always went with open box and otp with high value items.

They even asked OTP for PSN wallet top up worth 1300inr recently. 

11 minutes ago, Mr. Comingle said:

I don't have data but I know Indians are assholes where it comes to scamming and it's disproportionately high especially in the less developed parts. Humans are same everywhere but poor people are more likely to steal.

This further proves that you are an idiot. My relatives are there in US and the kind of scam and delivery exploitation happens there is unprecedented. And you are implying that poor people are there in India only, not in US? I’d suggest that you don’t make statements that we Indians are the worst, its just half-informed and snobbish people like you that give us a bad name.

Edited by Aercy

I must be extremely lucky. Been dealing with Amazon since their inception here and I've received broken items, packages with the manufacturer seals broken, fake items, used items, empty boxes too. Most of this within the last 2-3 years iirc. I have yet to face an issue where CC has not arranged for a refund or replacement in the first try. No questions asked. At least as far as I remember.

Fartkart on the other hand. Just f**k 'em. Don't f**king buy anything from Fartkart. Just don't. When you open that app on your phone I urge you to slap yourself. Really hard. Really really hard. Then uninstall that sh*t. And if your phone won't allow you to, buy a new one. Not from FK fgs. Anywhere else.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Have seen more number of people receiving stones and old products stuffed from Flipkart recently. Looks like they are not accepting even unboxing videos. 

my only experience and one big purchase gone wrong was when I bought pixel 4a for my dad and they gave me a defective phone (seal broken - day 1) + asked me to deal with google when asked to replace ? google’s support was even more shitty. 

Edited by sadge

2 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Is Croma the default supplier on TC (both are Tata companies) ? 

Croma also does 3 hour delivery on selected items, but the price leaves much to be desired. 

Croma's delivery and even in-store service is beautiful. My ipad came  delivered plastic sealed and in one of those balloon type bubble wrap envelope. One of the best packaging I've received.

Edited by El Tigre Chino

23 minutes ago, sadge said:

Have seen more number of people receiving stones and old products stuffed from Flipkart recently. Looks like they are not accepting even unboxing videos. 

my only experience and one big purchase gone wrong was when I bought pixel 4a for my dad and they gave me a defective phone (seal broken - day 1) + asked me to deal with google when asked to replace ? google’s support was even more shitty. 

When did you buy the pixel 4a and who was the seller? Planning to buy it soon. 

6 minutes ago, El Tigre Chino said:

Croma's delivery and even in-store service is beautiful. My ipad came got delivered plastic sealed and in one of those balloon type bubble wrap envelope. One of the best packaging I've received.

Somehow had opposite experience with their in store shopping. Last time I went inside a Croma store was in 2018, to buy a C8, and they didn't even bother attending for 10-15 mins. Just gave up and went to RD, who were excellent in offers, and sealed the deal with them. 

Never bothered with Croma since. 

5 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Somehow had opposite experience with their in store shopping. Last time I went inside a Croma store was in 2018, to buy a C8, and they didn't even bother attending for 10-15 mins. Just gave up and went to RD, who were excellent in offers, and sealed the deal with them. 

Croma's after sales service is unmatched though.

12 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

It’s not like every store is perfect. Im sure that some one has a bad experience with RD like the Cancelled PS5 preorders.