Jump to content

Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread


Bird Bird Bird

Recommended Posts

Just now, achilles said:

I’ve been using foam tips on my AirPods Pro for about a year. They don’t last as long but are so far superior to silicone, specially in feel and stay-in ability, that I wouldn’t even consider regular silicone tips as an option. 
Which reminds me, I need to order another set. :fear1:

 

hey, pls share the link. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, SuperT said:

But Sony hyped up the Noise Isolating Foam tip during launch globally it is mentioned on the product page of their global website as well. International markets get both but we will not get the foam tip. Yes the Foam Tips disintegrate quickly but they are the most comfortable and also provide a secure fit. I hope the Indian reviewers are wrong and in the retail units the foam tips are available. 

 

This is from their website: 

 

Noise Isolation Earbud Tips

Newly developed Noise Isolation Earbud Tips feature a unique polyurethane foam material. Soft and elastic, it maximises the surface contact area between the earbud tip and the ear canal, eliminating gaps to insulate sound and reduce noise. It also improves adhesion to the ear canal for a more stable fit, making the WF-1000XM4 headphones easy to wear.

 

I didn't know that the international markets were getting both. That's a bummer.

Which reviewer mentioned that Indian market won't be getting them?

 

Edit: In international video reviews, I can only see 3 sets of eartips being included.

Edited by KunjanPSD
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Digit 

Check comment on their YouTube review:

 

"Note: Sony has clarified to us that the Sony WF-1000XM4 will actually come with the polyurethane foam ear tips in the Indian retail box as well. This is great since the fit of the foam ear tips is much better than the silicone ones they provided us in the review box."

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, KunjanPSD said:

Check comment on their YouTube review:

 

"Note: Sony has clarified to us that the Sony WF-1000XM4 will actually come with the polyurethane foam ear tips in the Indian retail box as well. This is great since the fit of the foam ear tips is much better than the silicone ones they provided us in the review box."

Missed that in the details. Thanks man that is a relief. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Getting it day one. Was waiting for them since their global launch. Bought a Galaxy Buds Pro 2 months back after i got tired of waiting so now they are up for sale in the sales thread. Anyone looking for a good earbuds at a steal price can find it ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, ZooZoo said:

Getting it day one. Was waiting for them since their global launch. Bought a Galaxy Buds Pro 2 months back after i got tired of waiting so now they are up for sale in the sales thread. Anyone looking for a good earbuds at a steal price can find it ;)

Yeah, same.

Hoping that there are some discounts either via HDFC or atleast Amazon 5% cashback.

My current XM2 (headphones) work great but I need something lighter and mainly which can be used for daily calls as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Yeah, same.

Hoping that there are some discounts either via HDFC or atleast Amazon 5% cashback.

My current XM2 (headphones) work great but I need something lighter and mainly which can be used for daily calls as well.

Amazon pay card 5% cashback will be there :P. I have some 2.5K cashback in amazonpay from earlier purchases in account so will combine that with Amazon pay card and will convince myself that I got a steal deal :drunk:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SuperT said:

But Sony hyped up the Noise Isolating Foam tip during launch globally it is mentioned on the product page of their global website as well. International markets get both but we will not get the foam tip. Yes the Foam Tips disintegrate quickly but they are the most comfortable and also provide a secure fit. I hope the Indian reviewers are wrong and in the retail units the foam tips are available. 

 

This is from their website: 

 

Noise Isolation Earbud Tips

Newly developed Noise Isolation Earbud Tips feature a unique polyurethane foam material. Soft and elastic, it maximises the surface contact area between the earbud tip and the ear canal, eliminating gaps to insulate sound and reduce noise. It also improves adhesion to the ear canal for a more stable fit, making the WF-1000XM4 headphones easy to wear.

 

 

I bought Comply foam tips for XM3s, used them once, and never used again. Foam causes a lot of muffling if sound, albeit has a better fit. Silicon ones feel more "free", and give the tonal appearance of better soundstage, at least to my ears. 

I even tried other silicon tips, but the default ones on XM3 are pretty much the best. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Worth upgrading over WF-1000XM3s, specially at that price ? :unsure:

 

If fit is a problem with the xm3 and you want the water resistance.

 

3 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Worth upgrading over WF-1000XM3s, specially at that price ? :unsure:

 

If fit is an issue for you with the xm3 and you want the water resistance. 

Just now, Bird Bird Bird said:

 

I bought Comply foam tips for XM3s, used them once, and never used again. Foam causes a lot of muffling if sound, albeit has a better fit. Silicon ones feel more "free", and give the tonal appearance of better soundstage, at least to my ears. 

I even tried other silicon tips, but the default ones on XM3 are pretty much the best. 

Sadly fit is mostly an issue for me so the foam tips are a must. I mostly use comply foam tips. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, SuperT said:

If fit is a problem with the xm3 and you want the water resistance.

 

If fit is an issue for you with the xm3 and you want the water resistance. 

Sadly fit is mostly an issue for me so the foam tips are a must. I mostly use comply foam tips. 

 

Fit is a problem with every XM3 user. :rofl:

 

Not a 20k problem though. :fear1:

 

AQ hasn't changed much. And I don't use DSEE to have any measurable impact. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

 

Fit is a problem with every XM3 user. :rofl:

 

Not a 20k problem though. :fear1:

 

AQ hasn't changed much. And I don't use DSEE to have any measurable impact. 

Then I think wait for a deep discount (Diwali), also Soundcore might launch the Liberty Pro 3 in India by then, they are supposed to be pretty dope as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, KunjanPSD said:

Wait, 2500 for a set of 3 foam tips? That's insane.

Are these being imported or what?

Yup also since only Head Phone Zone keep them they are free to charge whatever they feel like, but they arent very cheap in the US as well around 1800 bucks. 

Edited by SuperT
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

 

I bought Comply foam tips for XM3s, used them once, and never used again. Foam causes a lot of muffling if sound, albeit has a better fit. Silicon ones feel more "free", and give the tonal appearance of better soundstage, at least to my ears. 

I even tried other silicon tips, but the default ones on XM3 are pretty much the best. 

 

Same impression of Comply tips, albeit with other earphones. Tried to use them because they are considered to be superior, but could not grow to like that muffled effect.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...