Online Shopping : deals and discussion thread

Bird Bird Bird

13 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

https://techenclave.com/threads/got-fake-airpods-pro-from-amazon.209205/#post-2402407

Beware guys. Even Amazon is going the Flipkart way. 

Not surprised airpods fakes are so so common not only in India even in the western countries. My friend got a fake in the US from amazon.com. The fakes are so good that many can get fooled. The one in the link is damn easy to spot though. Never buy airpods from Amazon/FK. But yeah lots of fakes specially the Dualsense and PS5 discs etc. this time around on Amazon saw some tweets and posts on Reddit.

Edited by SuperT

20 minutes ago, SuperT said:

Not surprised airpods fakes are so so common not only in India even in the western countries. My friend got a fake in the US from amazon.com. The fakes are so good that many can get fooled. The one in the link is damn easy to spot though. Never buy airpods from Amazon/FK. But yeah lots of fakes specially the Dualsense and PS5 discs etc. this time around on Amazon saw some tweets and posts on Reddit.

Getting fakes is not uncommon, but the length Amazon is going through to not replace it isn't good. Why will an Apple centre give a written letter saying the pods are fake ? They have no obligation. 

5 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Getting fakes is not uncommon, but the length Amazon is going through to not replace it isn't good. Why will an Apple centre give a written letter saying the pods are fake ? They have no obligation. 

Yeah the way they are handling it is piss poor. Honestly that is one aspect I love about Amazon - their customer care but I guess there are such cases that make you realize it can happen to anyone. Twice I have got fake discs but they have refunded instantly over call. Once I ordered 6 bulbs and one was broken I called them they refunded the entire amount and said keep the bulbs. 

3 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

https://techenclave.com/threads/cpu-ordered-on-flipkart-damaged.209172/post-2402369

Someone ordered a CPU from Flipkart. Recieved a damaged product. FK closed the case without issuing refund/replacement. 

Just a f**king terrible place to buy anything, not even soap. 

Actually` if you buy soap you might get a mobile instead 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

https://techenclave.com/threads/got-fake-airpods-pro-from-amazon.209205/#post-2402407

Beware guys. Even Amazon is going the Flipkart way. 

Amazon does try to push their returns as new items though, so it's not unexpected( most obvious is some item goes out of stock, but it comes back in stock with exactly one piece available ).

Since Appario is the seller though, seems someone is buying real airpods and returning fake ones, maybe the guy who picks the things up and the warehouse stuff also getting bribed

I picked up two Nike shoes from Flipkart and was in complete confidence that they will be fake, but surprisingly both came and are genuine, or atleast looks like that to me.

guess I just got lucky.

1 hour ago, AtheK said:

I picked up two Nike shoes from Flipkart and was in complete confidence that they will be fake, but surprisingly both came and are genuine, or atleast looks like that to me.

guess I just got lucky.

Try returning them. If they refuse then the shoes are fake :lol:

• Haha 8

Buying Electronics from Flipkart after a long long time, I only use it for grocery. Ordered 2 phones, one on 22nd and the other one on the 23rd, both were next-day deliveries.

5 days and gazillion followups later, I have nothing to show for it, except my disgust and hatred for them, if that counts.

Both the items reached the black hole referred as "my nearest hub" the next day but that's it, no movement afterwards. The customer service seems to have no way to coordinate with them or expedite. They only want me to wait till 7PM promising the status should change to "Out for delivery" by then, and afterwards they promise me that it'll happen the next day. Nothing changes.

Today, at around 2:30AM, I received an order cancellation email and then this email 10 mins later. 

"Hi,

We're writing in continuation to your last contact to know the status of your order with order id ODxxx.

While we were tracking your order to make sure that it reaches you on time, we see that it has been cancelled.

If you like, you may place a new order for the product, the seller will work with the courier service provider to ensure the product reaches you.

Please use the survey below to tell us about your experience with us."

Pretty sure, I was fast asleep dreaming of princesses and cheese long before, and didn't cancel the order.

The phone was to be an upgrade after 5 years and therefore I had a little shimmer of excitement, and admittedly butterflies in my stomach and they managed to kill all of it!! I hate that most of the phones are only available on Flipkart. What a disaster!

TLDR - F** Flipkart.

Edited by iamX
  • Like 3
  • Sad 8

10 minutes ago, iamX said:

Buying Electronics from Flipkart after a long long time, I only use it for grocery. Ordered 2 phones, one on 22nd and the other one on the 23rd, both were next-day deliveries.

5 days and gazillion followups later, I have nothing to show for it, except my disgust and hatred for them, if that counts.

Both the items reached the black hole referred as "my nearest hub" the next day but that's it, no movement afterwards. The customer service seems to have no way to coordinate with them or expedite. They only want me to wait till 7PM promising the status should change to "Out for delivery" by then, and afterwards they promise me that it'll happen the next day. Nothing changes.

Today, at around 2:30AM, I received an order cancellation email and then this email 10 mins later. 

"Hi,

We're writing in continuation to your last contact to know the status of your order with order id ODxxx.

While we were tracking your order to make sure that it reaches you on time, we see that it has been cancelled.

If you like, you may place a new order for the product, the seller will work with the courier service provider to ensure the product reaches you.

Pretty sure, I was fast asleep dreaming of princesses and cheese long before, and didn't cancel the order.

The phone was to be an upgrade after 5 years and therefore I had a little shimmer of excitement, and admittedly butterflies in my stomach and they managed to kill all of it!! I hate that most of the phones are only available on Flipkart. What a disaster!

TLDR - F** Flipkart.

@gecko89

Any day now. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, i_rock098 said:

Shows as 70k for me

Guess they sold out at that price.

Did end up ordering Samsung q700B for dad for 26500 after all discounts, pretty sweet deal for a Dolby atmos soundbar. Since he just got QLED tv both will work with each other flawlessly

1 hour ago, iamX said:

"Hi,

TLDR - F** Flipkart.

Which phone was it?