SCE Executive: ‘PS4 May Not Have Better Graphics Than The PS3′

playstation_4_2.jpg

There has been a lot of talk regarding the beginning of the next generation consoles. With the PlayStation 3 nearing 5 years in the market this November, people are already talking about it’s succesor the PlayStation 4.

In an interesting interview, James Armstrong, VP SCEE, (CEO SCE Spain+Portugal) had made some interesting statements about the PlayStation 4.

When asked about how Sony will accelerate plans regarding the launch of the successor to the PS3, he said:

As I said before, I think PS3 still has great life.This year in Spain we have the foresight to sell 500,000 consoles .And if true, may well become the best-selling entertainment system in our country during this 2011.In what marks the fifth year of Wii market, Nintendo has announced a new platform that will surely launch late next year.As we will see, wish them good luck.

He also thinks that Sony’s next console may not have better visuals but will have a better accessible experience and will also be targeted towards girls.

It’s hard to say right now.I do not think we’ll have a console with a lot better graphics than the PS3 currently offered.I believe the future will be to offer consumers better and more accessible experience .The aim will be to make more people enter the world of video games and try to design titles for women.

SRC:Gamingbolt

:wacko: :wacko:

When asked about how Sony will accelerate plans regarding the launch of the successor to the PS3, he said:

He also thinks that Sony’s next console may not have better visuals but will have a better accessible experience and will also be targeted towards girls.

:wacko: :wacko:

:doh:

for me PS3 can go on for years unlike PS2. i dont want better graphics than this.. so IMO i dont see a need for PS4 soon enough.. how can it get significantly better than this in anycase?? half of the gamers wont be able to tell the difference between high end graphics and the present graphics quality :P

for me PS3 can go on for years unlike PS2. i dont want better graphics than this.. so IMO i dont see a need for PS4 soon enough.. how can it get significantly better than this in anycase?? half of the gamers wont be able to tell the difference between high end graphics and the present graphics quality :P

if you dont care for graphics then even today ps2 can hold on its own...there are lot of awesome games which i am sure you may have missed and can go back and play....the thing is ps3 graphics may still look awesome but once u see next gen consoles technology and power you may change ur mind and want the new console....new tech will make the current gen look bad .just like how todays graphics make ps1 era and ps2 era graphics look very inferior.

Twisting of words going on here, what he said:

It’s hard to say right now.I do not think we’ll have a console with a lot better graphics than the PS3 currently offered.I believe the future will be to offer consumers better and more accessible experience .The aim will be to make more people enter the world of video games and try to design titles for women.

He is saying it will not have a LOT BETTER graphics, meaning dont expect out of the world improvement.

Still, I would take his words with a pinch of salt, a Spain+Portugal CEO is like Indian CEO, who only know like release dates and release prices of consoles. Regarding tech of upcoming consoles, they are informed strictly on a need to know basis.

It all depends on the kind of games the developers produce that determines everything, atleast in my case. If Sony is going to encourage developers to develop games like Uncharted, Heavy Rain, RDR, etc. there is no need for a new console atleast for another 3-4 years. Having said that, if there would be any competition, then there would be a need for Sony to move to the next gen console, hope this does not happen atleast for the next 3 years :notangel:

Twisting of words going on here, what he said:

He is saying it will not have a LOT BETTER graphics, meaning dont expect out of the world improvement.

Still, I would take his words with a pinch of salt, a Spain+Portugal CEO is like Indian CEO, who only know like release dates and release prices of consoles. Regarding tech of upcoming consoles, they are informed strictly on a need to know basis.

Atindriya Bose already said that GT5 will have signature edition...before anyone said it...India was first where this news broke ...

wow and MS is rumor to use DX11 in their next console acc to Crytek....

Looks like Sony will go Nintendo way...:P

i read somewhere that PS4 will have dual Cell processor....Man if this is true then ..... :O

wow and MS is rumor to use DX11 in their next console acc to Crytek....

Looks like Sony will go Nintendo way...:P

sony will not be able to bear the losses again from high end consoles....microsoft can and they will produce a high packed consoles this time.

either way it is yet to see by next year microsoft will announce their baby.

DX11 gpu's are not that expensive now...so they shud put a DX11 gpu in it..lol..

Dude Xbots will rape psfanboys if Next Xbox is more powerful lol...They will say look our Halo 5 or 6 looks so much better than your Uncharted 4 :P

^Zodak:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-06-17-crytek-denies-knowledge-of-new-xbox

Crysis studio Crytek has denied reports that it's already developing for the Xbox 360's successor.

Earlier this week, a "high-ranking" insider claimed the developer was working on Timesplitters 4 for the new machine, which Microsoft would probably unveil at E3 2012.

However, today Crytek handed a statement to IGN denying any knowledge of a new system from Microsoft.

"Relating to the recent rumours, Crytek do not have any next generation hardware from Microsoft, nor do we know when Microsoft may announce future hardware or what that hardware will entail," it read.

DX11 gpu's are not that expensive now...so they shud put a DX11 gpu in it..lol..

Dude Xbots will rape psfanboys if Next Xbox is more powerful lol...They will say look our Halo 5 or 6 looks so much better than your Uncharted 4 :P

That you are already doing this gen only...:giggle:

MS was/is one year ahead of Sony. Sony can't afford to release a new console without getting their target profits out of the PS3. That wouldn't justify their investment.

+1.just hope they dont give into pressure of launching soon.

Archived