~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

On 9/12/2017 at 11:28 AM, Walker said:

For younger kids there was CBeebies but BBC canned the channel. My daughter used to love it. There's also BabyTV but the quality of shows is not as good as CBeebies. Aside from this I wouldn't want to recommend anything on DTH/Cable. On TV these days the only decent one I found was We Bare Bears but I wouldn't recommend for kids under 5.

If you can find these I would highly recommend for kids upto 4

Pocoyo

Dora The Explorer

The Night Garden

Teletubbies

Mr. Maker

Numtums

The one movie I've recommended to everyone surprisingly is The Lorax. Every single kid who's watched it has loved it. My own daughter watched it 2-3 times everyday for a year.

Interesting!

Would you have any recommendations for a 9-year old boy? He loves adventure (like 9 year olds do :)), enjoys watching stuff like Leverage and Scorpion. 

4 hours ago, pixeljunkie said:

@Walker Since you mentioned TNG, i was wondering if you've watched the following - Deep Space Nine, Voyager and Enterprise.

Nope. Never watched the rest because I didn't have access to a TV for a long time after I moved out.

4 hours ago, Playstationdude said:

White collar for a 9 year old? :scratchchin:

I don't recall anything that would ring alarm bells for a parent. 

White Collar is fine for 9+. There's essentially no swearing. And it is light on language/sex/violence. 

14 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

Cool, we'll check these out...any non-comic recommendations?

Try Doctor Who. Perfect for every age. 

15 hours ago, Playstationdude said:

Pokemon?

He watches that sometimes! We haven't had broadcast television (cable/DTH) for years now. So, these recommendations sure help!

11 hours ago, Walker said:

White Collar

Star Trek: The Next Generation

Eureka

Warehouse 13

Will check out Eureka and Warehouse 13. Thanks buddy!

6 hours ago, Walker said:

Nope. Never watched the rest because I didn't have access to a TV for a long time after I moved out.

I don't recall anything that would ring alarm bells for a parent. 

Agree...I've watched a few episodes..no explicit violence / gore and the language isn't flowery either :)

2 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

White Collar is fine for 9+. There's essentially no swearing. And it is light on language/sex/violence. 

Try Doctor Who. Perfect for every age. 

Yep, he likes Doctor Who! Books and the show :):)

• Like 1

Star Trek: Discovery - the pilot was good minus the lens flare. It was too much. y8x9L4Z.png

Don't like the Klingon makeup either. Makes them sound very bad; like speaking through a Halloween mask. 

Going to watch episode 2 & 3. Hopefully, it'll get better in terms of acting and less with lens flare. 

On 02/10/2017 at 9:08 AM, TonyMontana said:

He watches that sometimes! We haven't had broadcast television (cable/DTH) for years now. So, these recommendations sure help!

Will check out Eureka and Warehouse 13. Thanks buddy!

Agree...I've watched a few episodes..no explicit violence / gore and the language isn't flowery either :)

Yep, he likes Doctor Who! Books and the show :):)

You can also check out Marvel cartoons such as amazing spiderman , avengers ,etc. Disney has revamped those cartoons but in a good way. 

Ducktales, talespin are classics. Even the new ducktales 2017 is awesome.

Apart from that Tintin cartoons and asterix cartoons are amazing.

10 minutes ago, Playstationdude said:

You can also check out Marvel cartoons such as amazing spiderman , avengers ,etc. Disney has revamped those cartoons but in a good way. 

Ducktales, talespin are classics. Even the new ducktales 2017 is awesome.

Apart from that Tintin cartoons and asterix cartoons are amazing.

I have the entire ducktales, talespin and avengers on a hard drive...he quite likes Asterix too (books more than the show)! Thank you for the recommendations @Playstationdude:hug: