~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

After all the positive talks and multiple Emmy nominations, decided to try Schitt's Creek. 

Almost 7 episodes in and am yet to find any laughs. Was supposed to be a comedy show and it is but just feels so flat and dumb (in a rich boring way). Only good thing so far is Eugene Levy. He's carrying the show.

3 hours ago, adity said:

Watch bojack horseman. Also, I don't know of you've watched it but peep show is also a great comedy show. 

Yeah, heard a lot about Bojack but never tried.

Good Omens turned out great. A breath of fresh air. 

Watching The Boys and it is quite compelling. Though no one, and I mean no one seems to f**king enunciate in that world. I haven't had to rejig the subtitles for incomprehensible dialog so many times in any other thing ever. It also doesn't help that switching subtitles is so crappy in Fire TV stick. It's like 7 clicks. 

Apple TV has it right. You tell Siri "What did they say?" and she'd skip back about 10 seconds and switch on subtitles for that dialog, and then switch it back off, without you having to lift a finger. 

9 hours ago, adity said:

Finished the boys. Really, really good show. Between this, umbrella academy and titans, superhero TV shows are really kicking a*s right now. 

First off, the characters are super well done and so is the acting. Every single actor on the show f**king nails it. Karl Urban is a treat to watch and Antony Starr as Homelander is honestly some 10/10. He f**king owns every scene he's in with that evil smirk and really powerful presence. 

Another thing is how good the production values are. Everything just looks really slick. You feel like you're watching an 8 hour movie. 

Although it does kind of fall off towards the mid point but that's the only complaint I have with this. 

Solid 8/10 show. Do give it a watch. 

Absolutely. E7 and 8 is when things really start going south. 

Great show.