~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

Actually network shows have 60% cancellation rate. It's just hard to make a good successful shows "and" also bring profits.

Like Dirk Genty was amazing but sadly wasn't advertised enough and in result no many even heard or saw it till it got cancelled. So in those cases, publishers are better off cancelling it than pushing it forward as they are lost the subs/battle. 

Netflix has reached saturation with U.S. subscribers, they seem to be having difficulty evaluating what shows are worth keeping. Without an ad model, shows live or die by their ability to drive subscriptions. They are having little rough time and need to gamble with new shows more and more as their Original are 90% crap. It's all about building library fast now to gain more subs. 

2016: Will Netflix save it? 2019: Who will save it from Netflix? QxkDB72.gif 

It's been happening, and I've seen how my mom has taken to Netflix. She's barely watching TV anymore. Netflix has very cleverly, yet delicately, pivoted to content that is catered more towards women. 

It's that audience that is going to drive growth for them, like it happened with traditional TV. Women GECs and rom-coms rule. 

Anyway, finished The Boys and was disappointed. The ending was pretty great, but overall I thought the show had (much) more potential, and there weren't really too many memorable moments. 

I think they suffered from not having an experienced hand behind them. For eg, I think if this was on HBO, it would've come out much better. The balance was off. The build-ups, the holy grail of any revenge story, were inconsistent. The reveals and flashbacks could have been placed better. 

The audio, specially speech, was messed up. I have a system now that can pick up these things. Not only was the level different in different episodes, it was quite irritating how those two cunts, Butch and Frenchie were mumbling, probably trying to get the accent(s) correct. Pardon my french, but f**k those f**kers who don't enunciate :P

I also wish they'd shown atleast one super fight that was a proper fight. Goddamn MCU has spoiled us in that area. 

I might give the second season a chance. The characters, the setting, the premise, all were compelling to me. But it just kind of goes nowhere for a bit, and then meanders, seemingly going nowhere, then shoots across major stuff quickly, and so on. 

The music choices are pretty good for the most part. 

All in all, a good show, and mostly worth watching, but no real wow moments in 8 or so hours. Except for that end. That was just.. yeah. :D 

Spoiler

Also, no respite for Aquaman anywhere. Diversity hire :rofl: 

First 4 episodes of the Boys were great and I was thinking they building nicely towards a Superhero Killing fight episode but it never came. Trailer was full on vibing with watch this show if you want to see how to kill superheroes. Although now we know the backstory stuff and other BS second season might be action packed. 

2 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Actually network shows have 60% cancellation rate. It's just hard to make a good successful shows "and" also bring profits.

Like Dirk Genty was amazing but sadly wasn't advertised enough and in result no many even heard or saw it till it got cancelled. So in those cases, publishers are better off cancelling it than pushing it forward as they are lost the subs/battle. 

Netflix has reached saturation with U.S. subscribers, they seem to be having difficulty evaluating what shows are worth keeping. Without an ad model, shows live or die by their ability to drive subscriptions. They are having little rough time and need to gamble with new shows more and more as their Original are 90% crap. It's all about building library fast now to gain more subs. 

2016: Will Netflix save it? 2019: Who will save it from Netflix? QxkDB72.gif 

See thats the thing. Had Dirk gently been released on network tv it would have automatically been advertised to a larger audience.

Disney announces $12.99 bundle for Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+

Disney will offer a bundle package of its three streaming services — Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+ — for $12.99 a month starting on November 12th, the company announced today.

Hmm. Hulu will still have ads. Non-ad version won't be bundled (at least not at start). 

Continued to watch Schitt's Creek. Now suddenly in season 4.

The show definitely got better with each season. The characters grew and so did the show's charm. Just so pleasant to watch.

Eugene and Daniel are fantastic but other 2 are doing well too compared to 1st season. 

18 hours ago, Snake said:

I was wondering where I have seen Homelander before...then I realized he was Lucas in Banshee. Another awesome TV show

OH f**k ! That's where !

Banshee is awesome. 

Edit: The Family on Netflix. Limited series. Pretty good. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

I was wondering where I have seen Homelander before...then I realized he was Lucas in Banshee. Another awesome TV show
Same happened with me.. He was unrecognisable if you won't Google him...

Loved him in banshee aswell.. But he took sinister to another Level in boys..

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, sobbii said:

Same happened with me.. He was unrecognisable if you won't Google him...

Loved him in banshee aswell.. But he took sinister to another Level in boys..

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I'm not sure what I missed, but there was absolutely nothing sinister nor evil about any of the supes in the show, except for maybe A-Train in the beginning.  There were only a couple of times when homelander was being "really" evil, but that's nothing special to write about.  I was expecting some kind of a gang of ruthless supes who've enslaved the city, but all we got were cookie cutter stereotypes with their boohoo background stories.  Comparatively, I felt Butcher was the most evil and badass character in that show.  

On 8/11/2019 at 6:59 PM, Playstationdude said:

The sister is hot in Schitt's creek 

So dumb though; personality wise. 

Anyways, done with all seasons. Very good show. Very enjoyable with subtle humor. The characters grew up and the show overall got better with each season. Can't wait for final season.