~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

2 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Not for me. Too much teen crap in a bad way and overall depressing/sad show. 

Heard season 2 was terrible as well. 

Okay, skipping it then. I don't mind a sad show but provided the melancholic premise is handled and executed well.

15 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. “The Mandalorian” is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

:wOOtjumpy::wOOtjumpy::wOOtjumpy:

Holy crap! That looks f**king amazing!

The production values seem to be excellent. It almost looks like a big budget movie.

And if there's one thing I loved about Rogue One and Solo, it was their grungy aesthetic. Really glad this is going for a similar look and feel.

Hope Hotstar brings it here Day 1.

Edited by STICK3Rboy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Holy crap! That looks f**king amazing!

The production values seem to be excellent. It almost looks like a big budget movie.

And if there's one thing I loved about Rogue One and Solo, it was their grungy aesthetic. Really glad this is going for a similar look and feel.

Hope Hotstar brings it here Day 1.

Hotstar has a Disney tie in?

7 minutes ago, Aftrunner said:

Interesting. Hotstar might legit be the best VFM streaming service if thats the case. Its already up there.

Actually Sony liv isn't bad, for around 300 a year it's got quite a bit of content. I subbed for India - WI series, but it has ashes, and lot of stuff for TV shows. 

• Disney+ episodes will release on a weekly basis, instead of the all at once “binge” model
  • Star Wars: Lucasfilm Officially Announces Obi-Wan TV Series for Disney+
  • Disney+ will allow offline mobile and tablet viewing on unlimited devices
  • Disney+ will allow up to 7 profiles, with hundreds of avatars to choose from
  • Disney+ kids mode, with a unique interface for children
  • Four simultaneous streams on up to 10 different devices
  • Disney+ will have 4k content available upon launch
  • Walkthrough disney+ on apple tv and xbox apps
  • Disney+ movies will come with extras, just like digital downloads
  • No auto-playing trailers

9 hours ago, Joe Cool said:
  • Disney+ episodes will release on a weekly basis, instead of the all at once “binge” model
  • Star Wars: Lucasfilm Officially Announces Obi-Wan TV Series for Disney+
  • Disney+ will allow offline mobile and tablet viewing on unlimited devices
  • Disney+ will allow up to 7 profiles, with hundreds of avatars to choose from
  • Disney+ kids mode, with a unique interface for children
  • Four simultaneous streams on up to 10 different devices
  • Disney+ will have 4k content available upon launch
  • Walkthrough disney+ on apple tv and xbox apps
  • Disney+ movies will come with extras, just like digital downloads
  • No auto-playing trailers

Sounds too good to true especially the Offline mode and unlimited devices. Weekly release is good as long as each episode is independent story in itself which at the end culminates into one story. Also weekly releases should be at least 45 mins. 25 mins feels too short for a week 's wait. 

Really excited though about disney+ service. So everything Disney has will on the service right like old shows and stuff?

2 hours ago, HEMAN said:

Sounds too good to true especially the Offline mode and unlimited devices. Weekly release is good as long as each episode is independent story in itself which at the end culminates into one story. Also weekly releases should be at least 45 mins. 25 mins feels too short for a week 's wait. 

Really excited though about disney+ service. So everything Disney has will on the service right like old shows and stuff?

It is official. 

A first look at Disney+

• For starters, Disney has confirmed the service will have more than 500 feature films and over 7,500 show episodes at launch
  • Disney announced Disney+ will have apps for iOS, Apple TV, Android and Xbox One, along with previously known devices such as the PlayStation 4 and Roku
  • The service will launch with up to seven user profiles per account
  • The Disney+ mobile app, meanwhile, will support offline downloads. Disney says the number of shows and movies you can download is unlimited, so the only restriction is the amount of free storage you have on your smartphone or tablet.
  • Disney+ will stream content in 4K, HDR and Dolby Atmos -- which is included with the standard $6.99 plan

lm8z3UG.jpg

10 minutes ago, Engineer said:

will they offer the same quality via hotstar in India?

Nope; there's a trade-off always in between Hotstar's Rs 999/annum (US$ 13.97) and Disney+'s Rs 5000/annum (US$ 70).

But don't worry, if you're T.V. is 4k and has a good upscaler, then the image will btill be excellent.

Not to mention Hotstar has far more crazy good value than Disney+ considering it has entire HBO's catalogue, HOOQ's catalogue and other stuff that Disney+ will not have.

Overall we are qiite lucky to have service like Hotstar here to combine almost all TV shows, unlike US where you would require different sub for everything.

6 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Nope; there's a trade-off always in between Hotstar's Rs 999/annum (US$ 13.97) and Disney+'s Rs 5000/annum (US$ 70).

But don't worry, if you're T.V. is 4k and has a good upscaler, then the image will btill be excellent.

Not to mention Hotstar has far more crazy good value than Disney+ considering it has entire HBO's catalogue, HOOQ's catalogue and other stuff that Disney+ will not have.

Overall we are qiite lucky to have service like Hotstar here to combine almost all TV shows, unlike US where you would require different sub for everything.

This so much. Plus Tennis,F1,Football and Cricket. Hotstar is total value for money. 

Edited by hope

All I want from Disney+ is IMAX versions of all the movies made USING IMAX cameras no BS Blackborder sh*t and Dolby Vision.  Avengers infinity war and endgame will look gorgeous full screen with DV. 

Edited by HEMAN

If Disney+ will be available for Hotstar then i guess will have to take their annual membership.
Recently took Sony Liv annual membership primarily for Ashes and India Windies matches.
Now, we watch stuff on Netflix, Prime Video, Voot, Jio Cinema, Sony Liv. If my parents didn't need Tata sky would have long gotten rid of their expensive plans. Hopefully Jio Stb starting next month will provide a solution for that too.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, adity said:

I can honestly see my family switching from Netflix to Disney+ when it eventually comes here. Disney + fox catalog is huge plus I am assuming they'll have stuff from other production houses as well. 

If we go by US Standards - then no. Disney will only have Disney content. Separate sub for HBO if you want to watch stuff like Chernobyl etc. Separate sub for Amazon Prime (Far, Far more expensive than India - something like US$  100/Annum); Separate sub for Hulu, Separate Sub for Netflix etc. There might be more services I missed.

It's literally become like paying for separate channels over there. So you cannot "Switch Over" to anything. 4 different members of your family like 4 different shows - sub for 4 services.

Anyway you won't get a choice in India as Disney+ is not coming here at all. It's only Hotstar that we will get here.

BTW it's quite good in India - have cheap Prime and Hotstar sub and a Netflix sub (only expensive one) and you can watch almost all the shows.

Edited by roun90