~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

On 8/16/2019 at 3:36 PM, STICK3Rboy said:

Out now on Netflix.

Completed season 1 this afternoon. The Character arc, depiction of the entire mystery surrounding the forest, cinematography were really well done. The execution and linking up characters equally well executed. The way the Amazonian terrain has been captured, beautiful! But there are problems with the pacing and the last couple of episodes are very unsatisfying I felt. This is a slow burner, I didn't mind that... I like slow burning shows with good, well poised character developments but the ending I felt on this was very obscure and weird.

Juana del Rio was superb in her role.

• Like 1

Finished Sacred Games last night.

Totally delivered. Dont know why people are not liking. 

Hype met. Treat to watch Saif,Nawaz and Pankaj tripathi. 

Dont think we will get Season 3. Its meant to end like this.

I finished it last night too. And what a damp squib of a show. None of the actors looked convincing, except maybe Kalki; the pacing was way off, the story completely passable, extremely weird episodic progression, and there was no sense of enigma, of discovery, or urgency in the show. Meh. Waste of time. 

Then again, I didn't like the first season either, so maybe I shouldn't have sucked up to the hype. 

I think they succumbed to trying to provide an overtly complicated presentation where it needn't have been. They needed guys who were great at managing non linear simultaneous progression. These guys, Kashyap and Ghaywan, are not good enough. 

Also, to me, Ganesh Gaitonde has not been a very compelling character. Maybe they should create an Isa spinoff. But not with these guys. They'd make a mess of it trying to show their "superior" film making prowess. 

• Like 1

Just done with One Day at a Time. A feel good "comedy" family show on Netflix but of course they end up cancelling it. ?

Good relaxing show with likeable characters. The main story keeps up with each episode while and not random stuff every episode. Plenty feel good with a sweet finale. Great for family and kids.

Very happy PopTV picked it up for season 4. 

Nice. From HBO.

Great doco. It's been out for awhile in the UK and Europe and a few months ago the director also did an AMA in this subreddit. Lovely movie and showed so much interesting footage about his time in Napoli and what went on.

13 hours ago, hope said:

Finished Sacred Games last night.

Totally delivered. Dont know why people are not liking. 

Hype met. Treat to watch Saif,Nawaz and Pankaj tripathi. 

Dont think we will get Season 3. Its meant to end like this.

totally. S2 as good as S1. Should end it here unless greed comes in which usually does 

From the creator of Mr. Robot comes mystery-thriller Briarpatch, starring Rosario Dawson. Briarpatch hits USA Network in 2020.

___

8/30 on Prime.

___

Disney confirms no Rated R content on Disney+

Good. 

THE SPY, starring Sacha Baron Cohen, is inspired by the real-life story of former notorious Mossad agent, Eli Cohen, who successfully goes undercover in Syria and ultimately changed the course of Israel’s history.

• Like 2

Finished Mindhunter Season 2. Excellent stuff again but i think Season1 was better. Wendy`s story was tacked on i felt. Was not needed.

Highlight of the show still remains Kemper talks to me :P I hope they go back to Kemper again for more information in Season 3.