~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

29 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

Its rubbish. Watched couple of episodes long back and ditched.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

Damn. Will skip it for now then.

Thing is I'm only 3 episodes away from completing Banshee and was wondering what to pick up next. I was thinking if I should give The Shield a watch? I have had this sitting on my drives for a long time now and never actually ventured into it.

Damn. Will skip it for now then.

Thing is I'm only 3 episodes away from completing Banshee and was wondering what to pick up next. I was thinking if I should give The Shield a watch? I have had this sitting on my drives for a long time now and never actually ventured into it.
The Shield is one of the best series I have seen. It will hook u in right from the start. Highly recommended.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

The Shield is one of the best series I have seen. It will hook u in right from the start. Highly recommended.

Thank-you for the recommendation my friend!

I was just asking another friend of mine and he had the same verdict! That's it then, Shield it is. Nice long 7 seasons, should be perfect for the balmy September evenings, after work, with my malt.

So I was just going through a couple of recap videos and articles of Dark S1 to get myself up to speed for S2 (don't have the time or patience to rewatch S1).

The character names, motivations, family trees and timelines are so f**king convoluted that I swear it feels like I'm preparing for some exam :lol:

13 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

So I was just going through a couple of recap videos and articles of Dark S1 to get myself up to speed for S2 (don't have the time or patience to rewatch S1).

The character names, motivations, family trees and timelines are so f**king convoluted that I swear it feels like I'm preparing for some exam :lol:

Dude just give in to it. The more you try to peel the layers of this show, the more it confuses you. 

You are in for a treat as the S2 ends with a massive cliffhanger. Makes you excited for the final season.

4 hours ago, R3D_D3ViL said:

Dude just give in to it. The more you try to peel the layers of this show, the more it confuses you. 

You are in for a treat as the S2 ends with a massive cliffhanger. Makes you excited for the final season.

Nice!

Started it last night and watched 2 episodes.

The cinematography is still as sublime as ever :wub:

Last episode of Banshee left now. Although season 4 has been a quite dull when I compare it to the first 3 seasons, this show has been a very enjoyable watch. Who would have thought that in that small, sleepy town of Banshee one man's entry would set off a chain of events that would stir more than storm up!

I will miss Lucas Hood's bass a*s action sequences and Job's repartee's (I'm a fan of Hoon Lee now)! :rofl:

Also, the one action sequence that will always remain with me is the one between Burton and Nola. That was absolutely visceral! The camera work and capture of the moves were remarkable and the end to the fight... sickeningly brutal!

Also, will I ever forget that Shotgun scene! :raygun:

Thank-you to everyone here who recommended this show to me!

Finished Dark S2.

I really liked S1 but I loved S2. It is much better paced and the story keeps ticking along nicely. S1 was glacially paced at times.

Also, this has hands-down got THE craziest family tree I have ever f**king seen :rofl:

The writers just went full-crazy with it and I love it!

I'm still a little muddy on the character motivations though. But i feel like I'd rather not open that can of worms for now and just go along with it. Maybe it will all make sense once season 3 ends. Speaking of which, I can't wait to see what happens in the next season :bigyellowgrin:

• Like 1