~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

No one watched "The Night Manager" here? So many recommendations - and yet no one even mentioned it's name over here. It was such an amazing show. It's on Amazon Prime Video, and I highly recommend you guys watch it.

C'mon guys, it has Loki and Dr House plus 8.1 IMDB and 91% RT (89% Audience Score). At least give it a chance.

4 minutes ago, roun90 said:

No one watched "The Night Manager" here? So many recommendations - and yet no one even mentioned it's name over here. It was such an amazing show. It's on Amazon Prime Video, and I highly recommend you guys watch it.

C'mon guys, it has Loki and Dr House plus 8.1 IMDB and 91% RT (89% Audience Score). At least give it a chance.

We did back 2016. Despite very good casting and acting from everyone, it felt rushed. Only 6 episodes and so much happened in last 3 without any proper development. 

Heard they are making season 2 but no update on it. 

7 hours ago, roun90 said:

I did and loved it. Because Hugh Laurie is my favorite. Watched it long before it was on Prime Video

Completed a few shows in the past couple of weeks.

Mandalorian - Started well and ended well but the whole mid section was just meh. I'm usually fine with filler episodes but pretty much all of these had the same plot structure, which just made them boring and utterly predictable.

Witcher - Was quite disappointed with this. I loved the first few episodes but I thought the quality took a bit of a nosedive as the show went along. I guess it was still fairly entertaining though :\

Watchmen - Pretty f**king fantastic! Can't believe how quickly I finished this because of how engaging it was. Some really good performances in there too.

Also started watching Servant and it's pretty good so far. The premise is quite intriguing and the suspense is making me come back for more.

10 hours ago, STICK3Rboy said:

Completed a few shows in the past couple of weeks.

Mandalorian - Started well and ended well but the whole mid section was just meh. I'm usually fine with filler episodes but pretty much all of these had the same plot structure, which just made them boring and utterly predictable.

Witcher - Was quite disappointed with this. I loved the first few episodes but I thought the quality took a bit of a nosedive as the show went along. I guess it was still fairly entertaining though :\

Watchmen - Pretty f**king fantastic! Can't believe how quickly I finished this because of how engaging it was. Some really good performances in there too.

Also started watching Servant and it's pretty good so far. The premise is quite intriguing and the suspense is making me come back for more.

Mandalorian indeed started and ended good. The middle portion 4-5 episodes sucked. 6 was okay but picked up and episode 7-8 ended very nicely. I hope Favreau is working on season 2 and not someone else. Filoni was terrible. 

Witcher was okay (lot of hype from gaming communities as expected). Only watched it for Cavill. Can't stand Yennefer and all her scenes. ?? 

Watchmen - guess I'll watch it this week. Everyone I know said good stuff about it. 

24 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Witcher was okay (lot of hype from gaming communities as expected). Only watched it for Cavill. Can't stand Yennefer and all her scenes. ?? 

Yeah, Cavill was a great fit for the character. Probably the only reason why I'll return to the show for the next season.

____

Lord of the Rings series at Amazon sets main cast

Robert Aramayo, Owain Arthur and Nazanin Boniadi are among the series stars. Also joining the cast is Tom Budge, Morfydd Clark, Ismael Cruz Córdova, Ema Horvath, Markella Kavenagh, Joseph Mawle, Tyroe Muhafidin, Sophia Nomvete, Megan Richards, Dylan Smith, Charlie Vickers.

On 1/15/2020 at 2:47 AM, adity said:

Watchmen really dropped the ball on the ending. Everything wrapped up too nicely. Regardless its a great show. Solid 8/10. If the ending was better, it'd be 9.5/10.

Yeah I didnt really like the ending either. 

Even with a good ending though I dont think this would be a 9.5 though. Its way too hamfisted at times. 

The Mandalorian
Watched first 4 episodes which are fantastic. Especially the 4th one has some really cool and emotional moments. The soundtrack is beautiful and most impressive thing is dialogues, nothing cheesy or over the top, everything is on point and in many scenes its left to viewers interpretation which is genius. After the disappointment of few Star wars movies this is a breath of fresh air.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, harsh1387 said:

The Mandalorian
Watched first 4 episodes which are fantastic. Especially the 4th one has some really cool and emotional moments. The soundtrack is beautiful and most impressive thing is dialogues, nothing cheesy or over the top, everything is on point and in many scenes its left to viewers interpretation which is genius. After the disappointment of few Star wars movies this is a breath of fresh air.

Surprising as episode 4 is 2nd worst episode of the season followed by 5th episode. 

The whole Sanctuary was filler. Every scene with Omera was terrible. Cheesy lines. Bad acting.

Baby Yoda and Cara to an extent saved that episode. 

Surprising as episode 4 is 2nd worst episode of the season followed by 5th episode. 

The whole Sanctuary was filler. Every scene with Omera was terrible. Cheesy lines. Bad acting.

Maybe my expectations from this show was quite low so I might be liking it more. Baby Yoda is the highlight for me, damn cute.

Maybe my expectations from this show was quite low so I might be liking it more. Baby Yoda is the highlight for me, damn cute.