~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

Welcome to The Eddy. A musical drama set in contemporary Paris revolving around a jazz club, its owner, the house band, and the dangerous city that surrounds them. Created by Damien Chazelle, Alan Poul, Glen Ballard and Jack Thorne. Opening on May 8th.

15 hours ago, Aftrunner said:

Dude. Narcos Mexico is soooooo good. If Netflix shitcans this show I am going to be very pissed. I am already mad at them not renewing Mindhunters. 

Oh, they won't. Narcos is so successful and so popular, it has resulted in numerous other similar shows - El Chapo, Dope, Narcoworld: Dope Stories etc. 

Looks like Amado will be the key figure for next season. 

I thought Narcos Mexico will be some B grade crossover, but it has been really good even as par as Pablo's season. 

Started watching Kingdom yesterday and its good. It starts off slow (i'm on episode 3) but the setting and plot is good. Also season 2 is around the corner. 

Narcos: Mexico Season 2.

What a goddamn show. The first season is one of my favourite seasons from amongst "serious" shows. Like with most modern works, it's the presentation and the way story unfolds rather than the story itself which makes it exceptional. The presentation of season 2 takes a leap over the first one. There are so many scenes that have an enormous vibe because of the way they were shot, and the cinematography is just aces throughout. 

The entire thing is a weave, and you're not quite sure which thread should be pulled to make it through to the end. All the characters, and performances, are top notch, with one exception. There's great background music, indulging sweeping shots of Mexico, and top notch editing. Some of the shots feel like they're straight out of the BrBa universe. 

My biggest problem with the show is that I can't understand the language, and the subtitles feel like they are optimised for an American audience which is why I think a lot gets lost in translation. There are many nuances missed. 

The only character I didn't like 

Spoiler

was Agent Walt Breslin. Quite a bit of a doofus, and he was usually out of his element throughout. I mean, even the first guy they kidnap, the fat Commandante basically owns him while being handcuffed and tied to a chair in a torture/interrogation scene where Walt should've had the upper hand. 

Notable scenes: 

Spoiler

Felix's meeting with Don Juan

Felix and Maria at the congressional dinner

Felix and Paul's epic eight minute (!) epilogue scene. What a way to end the show. 

PS: How much more of a clueless idiot the real Felix appeared to be when they showed his arrest footage. Felix of the show is incredible and one of the most interesting characters in television.

This year has had a great start. Narcos: Mexico, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and now Better Call Saul. 

Binge watched I Am Not Okay with this. AND ITS GREAT. netflix on a roll.
its like end of the f**king world + stranger things. 8.5/10
Thanks for recommendation. Was gonna skip it as trailer felt like another cheesy teen drama. 7 episodes, 20 mins each so it's easy to binge watch. Starts slow but picks in the middle and ending is a fantastic cliffhanger.

Homeland has started with a bang. Last season was average but this one is absolutely fantastic so far. Especially the 4th episode was really intense and has set it up nicely.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

Binge watched I Am Not Okay with this. AND ITS GREAT. netflix on a roll.
its like end of the f**king world + stranger things. 8.5/10
Thanks for recommendation. Was gonna skip it as trailer felt like another cheesy teen drama. 7 episodes, 20 mins each so it's easy to binge watch. Starts slow but picks in the middle and ending is a fantastic cliffhanger.

Homeland has started with a bang. Last season was average but this one is absolutely fantastic so far. Especially the 4th episode was really intense and has set it up nicely.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

On 3/2/2020 at 1:23 PM, achilles said:

Narcos: Mexico Season 2.

What a goddamn show. The first season is one of my favourite seasons from amongst "serious" shows. Like with most modern works, it's the presentation and the way story unfolds rather than the story itself which makes it exceptional. The presentation of season 2 takes a leap over the first one. There are so many scenes that have an enormous vibe because of the way they were shot, and the cinematography is just aces throughout. 

The entire thing is a weave, and you're not quite sure which thread should be pulled to make it through to the end. All the characters, and performances, are top notch, with one exception. There's great background music, indulging sweeping shots of Mexico, and top notch editing. Some of the shots feel like they're straight out of the BrBa universe. 

My biggest problem with the show is that I can't understand the language, and the subtitles feel like they are optimised for an American audience which is why I think a lot gets lost in translation. There are many nuances missed. 

The only character I didn't like 

Hide contents

was Agent Walt Breslin. Quite a bit of a doofus, and he was usually out of his element throughout. I mean, even the first guy they kidnap, the fat Commandante basically owns him while being handcuffed and tied to a chair in a torture/interrogation scene where Walt should've had the upper hand. 

Notable scenes: 

Hide contents

Felix's meeting with Don Juan

Felix and Maria at the congressional dinner

Felix and Paul's epic eight minute (!) epilogue scene. What a way to end the show. 

PS: How much more of a clueless idiot the real Felix appeared to be when they showed his arrest footage. Felix of the show is incredible and one of the most interesting characters in television.

This year has had a great start. Narcos: Mexico, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and now Better Call Saul. 

One episode a day or binge ? I binged. Couldnt wait. Every season of the show is fantastic. 

Can't wait for Amado's story in the next season. 

33 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

One episode a day or binge ? I binged. Couldnt wait.

One-two a day. After dinner. On the theatre :bigyellowgrin:

Also :chair: for this: 

Spoiler

On 2/28/2020 at 1:05 PM, Bird Bird Bird said:

Looks like Amado will be the key figure for next season. 

6 hours ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

One episode a day or binge ? I binged. Couldnt wait. Every season of the show is fantastic. 

Can't wait for Amado's story in the next season. 

Totally, narcos is one of the few consistently good series on Netflix.  Saw  s01 of 'the sinner' , liked it.  Might start s02 sometime later.  

BTW, were did they announce the next season of about Amado ? I thought the next one would be about chapo.