~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

On 3/5/2020 at 11:38 PM, STICK3Rboy said:

Now if they can get Hugh Jackman to star as Joel, it would be amazing.

Kaitlyn Deever -

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Few.com%2Ftv%2F2019%2F09%2F13%2Fkaitlyn-dever-unbelievable-netflix-interview%2F&psig=AOvVaw2acMMPWSii3CF5RP1yateQ&ust=1583728922908000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CA0QjhxqFwoTCLD16ZOIiugCFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD

The likeness is pretty crazy

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

Indeed.

Haven't watched any of her stuff yet but apparently she's quite talented.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dante77 said:

The whole Logan look seems like perfect for Joel. Psst.. Never played last of us :fear:

I played it back on the PS3, I want to play the remastered PS4 edition before Last of Us 2

Watched the Season 2 of Altered Carbon. Very disappointed. Mackie as Kovacs completely sucked. The entire season felt like a poorer version of the Deus Ex/ Blade Runner universe which is such a contrast to how well they scripted the first season. Story was also rather hammy.

Lela Loren can't hold a candle to Dichen Lachman when it comes to evilicious women on screen.

Edited by Black_Hawk

Apharan; Alt Balaji

"If you want to watch something that will knock your pants off, watch this web series called Apharan". 

"Where is it available?"

"Alt Balaji". 

"Ugh, isn't that a soft-core arm of Ekta Kapoor's ambitions?"

"Just watch it."

This was the conversation I had with my theatre calibration guy when he'd visited for a recal a few months ago. I didn't pay much attention to it, and Alt Balaji truly seemed like an outlet for shows deemed too unacceptable for regular Indian TV. 

My movie for this weekend was The Hateful Eight, but the BR didn't play because region lock, which made me think of Apharan and I thought I'd at least watch the trailer and see what was what. It seemed intriguing, and I went in. And I couldn't stop. 

This show is incredible. Set in UP with a heavy dose of Haridwar & Rishikesh, it is a story about a kidnapping; a story that you haven't heard or seen before, presented in a way that you haven't heard or seen before. The locations, the characters, the dialog and the scenarios are authentic small-town Indian, the performances are all top notch, right from the main guy down to a small role of a bodyguard, excellent music and episode titles to create mood and break-neck pace throughout its 12 episodes of 20 or so minutes each. If that wasn't enough, it is insanely funny. 

Watch it with your girl or wife in these days of taking it easy. It can be quite sensual. Many, many places where it could've been just crass, it handles situations delicately, and you see the prowess of the actors and makers who carry the show and thread the needle perfectly. 

There are some technical issues which accompany a creation which is constrained by budget, but they can be ignored. If you liked things like Andhadhun, Johnny Gaddar, Badlapur, you'll probably love Apharan.

This show is incredible. 

Watch it. 

For:

Excellent performances 

Story

Direction

Will cost you only ₹100

Against:

Alt Balaji app is a*s

Edited by achilles
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, achilles said:

Apharan; Alt Balaji

"If you want to watch something that will knock your pants off, watch this web series called Apharan". 

"Where is it available?"

"Alt Balaji". 

"Ugh, isn't that a soft-core arm of Ekta Kapoor's ambitions?"

"Just watch it."

This was the conversation I had with my theatre calibration guy when he'd visited for a recal a few months ago. I didn't pay much attention to it, and Alt Balaji truly seemed like an outlet for shows deemed too unacceptable for regular Indian TV. 

My movie for this weekend was The Hateful Eight, but the BR didn't play because region lock, which made me think of Apharan and I thought I'd at least watch the trailer and see what was what. It seemed intriguing, and I went in. And I couldn't stop. 

This show is incredible. Set in UP with a heavy dose of Haridwar & Rishikesh, it is a story about a kidnapping; a story that you haven't heard or seen before, presented in a way that you haven't heard or seen before. The locations, the characters, the dialog and the scenarios are authentic small-town Indian, the performances are all top notch, right from the main guy down to a small role of a bodyguard, excellent music and episode titles to create mood and break-neck pace throughout its 12 episodes of 20 or so minutes each. If that wasn't enough, it is insanely funny. 

Watch it with your girl or wife in these days of taking it easy. It can be quite sensual. Many, many places where it could've been just crass, it handles situations delicately, and you see the prowess of the actors and makers who carry the show and thread the needle perfectly. 

There are some technical issues which accompany a creation which is constrained by budget, but they can be ignored. If you liked things like Andhadhun, Johnny Gaddar, Badlapur, you'll probably love Apharan.

This show is incredible. 

Watch it. 

For:

Excellent performances 

Story

Direction

Will cost you only ₹100

Against:

Alt Balaji app is a*s

Family watch?