~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

27 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

Strongly recommend Special Ops on Hotstar. It is what The family man could not be, a thrilling spy series. Kay kay menon is in his career best performance. Don't miss it.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

Family watch or not? 

Guys do watch Asur 

Its on Voot. Getting stellar reviews. 

6 episodes in. Great stuff. 

Arshar Warsi is fantastic. 
Started great. Lost momentum in middle and ending wasn't satisfactory at all. Had high hopes but didn't live upto it. Enjoyed Special Ops more.

Guys do watch Asur 

Its on Voot. Getting stellar reviews. 

6 episodes in. Great stuff. 

Arshar Warsi is fantastic. 
Started great. Lost momentum in middle and ending wasn't satisfactory at all. Had high hopes but didn't live upto it. Enjoyed Special Ops more.

Special ops is basically the sequel to baby made in a web series format. A no nonsense, no propaganda thrilling spy series. Slightly falters towards the end, when they try to mix the 2 threats together (one of which doesn’t work tbh).

Great performance by KK and few more, no cliffhanger ending, excellent production values, well written and paced.

Negatives would be that the main threat(which thankfully isnt the focus or come till the last 2 episodes) is that well executed, the big twist is very very easy to guess, except for 1 the rest of the agents aren’t well fleshed out and some unwanted characters and plot points. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, adity said:

Really loved baby. Gotta watch this asap. 

Same. If its anything like it, I need to get on this asap. This is on Hotstar right?

I watch my Netflix, Amazon Prime and Youtube on my Samsung TV, but there isn't Hotstar on the app store for some reason.

Btw, Hotstar has a VIP and a Premium Membership? Whats the difference? 

Edited by Chirag2001

5 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Vip only covers hindi films, shows and sports. Premium gives u access to english shows and movies along with the upcoming Disney+ content. Get premium its steal for 999. 

No guarantee that Disney+ will be available in premium. From what I remember of an old (Feb I think) article, Bob Iger said that Disney+ will cost extra. Only on that 1 day demo on March 12 was Disney+ available for Hotstar Premium. Chances are that they will have a separate sub tier for Disney+

@Chirag2001 Get Hotstar premium. Even if you skip Disney+, entire HBO catalog is available for only Premium customers, along with more shows as well, from what I remember. With VIP, you will be stuck with only regional content (Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Marathi etc.) and even if there is an English show available by chance - you will be stuck watching the regional dub of the show. You can only access the english shows with Premium. And at Rs 999 per annum, it's very much worth it.

8 minutes ago, roun90 said:

No guarantee that Disney+ will be available in premium. From what I remember of an old (Feb I think) article, Bob Iger said that Disney+ will cost extra. Only on that 1 day demo on March 12 was Disney+ available for Hotstar Premium. Chances are that they will have a separate sub tier for Disney+

@Chirag2001 Get Hotstar premium. Even if you skip Disney+, entire HBO catalog is available for only Premium customers, along with more shows as well, from what I remember. With VIP, you will be stuck with only regional content (Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Marathi etc.) and even if there is an English show available by chance - you will be stuck watching the regional dub of the show. You can only access the english shows with Premium. And at Rs 999 per annum, it's very much worth it.

Are we expecting a price bump up any time soon? I wanna watch GOT start to finish, but I'm not gonna be watching anything before 20th April or so.

I'll get the premium then, 999 a year sounds pretty decent. 

1 hour ago, Chirag2001 said:

Are we expecting a price bump up any time soon? I wanna watch GOT start to finish, but I'm not gonna be watching anything before 20th April or so.

I'll get the premium then, 999 a year sounds pretty decent. 

Premium is very worth it. Tons of shows and the english catalogue is better than Netflix or Prime (Only problem is the video quallity - no support for 4k/Dolby Atmos etc. on Hotstar; also no foreign shows, Japanese shows, anime etc. on Hotstar)

Also, I doubt price will increase. If Disney+ charges more - it will be a separate tier (Above premium). Existing premium catalogue will still be accessible. You can upgrade tier later down the line if you want, I think

1 hour ago, roun90 said:

Premium is very worth it. Tons of shows and the english catalogue is better than Netflix or Prime (Only problem is the video quallity - no support for 4k/Dolby Atmos etc. on Hotstar; also no foreign shows, Japanese shows, anime etc. on Hotstar)

Also, I doubt price will increase. If Disney+ charges more - it will be a separate tier (Above premium). Existing premium catalogue will still be accessible. You can upgrade tier later down the line if you want, I think

Ahh thats great. I'll def sub to Hotstar and binge GoT this summer.

4K would be nice, but 1080p isn't bad. Though I have heard complaints that quality on Hotstar really sucks, so I'm assuming you cannot manually select the resolution to be 1080p when you're watching something.

I hope Prime gets more anime shows. Vinland Saga and Wotakoi are great but we need more stuff. I do have Netflix as well, so I have enough for now with regard to anime.

Started watching Special Ops, there is background music every two seconds, slow-mo shots every minute. After watching The Family Man this feels meh. 

Doubt ill be able to finish it, if they keep this up.

Rating: 6/10

Cringe Level: 10/10

Also Ozark S3 releasing today. :dance:

9 hours ago, Maximus said:

"The release date of Dark Season 3

The showrunners have finally announced the release date. The third season is going to release on June 27th, 2020."

Can't wait!!! :D though season 1 was awesome..... The show got way better after season 1

Edited by kold_war