~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

Bruh Better Call Saul has fire grilled long form Drama. "I'm talking scorched earth, mthrfkr". 

The actors have been phenomenal. The previous cast from BrBa was near top of the food chain already, but what a find and revelation Rhea Seehorn (Kim) and Tony Dalton (Lalo) are. They have upped the level a few notches, and added a dimension to the show and have made it their own. 

They have made Better Call Saul, in separate arcs, about Kim and Lalo. The camera work, production, locations, dialog, scenes, everything just works, and you feel it could not have worked better. They could not have made a better show. Because when all the above meets incredible, pitch perfect writing, magic happens.  

Better Call Saul is magic, and Vince Gilligan and Peter Gould are magicians. I mean, even the intro credits of both BrBa and BCS are inspirational. They're perfect, in length and feel, appear at perfect times, have the colour of the show, moody music, serious for BrBa and goofy for BCS, and you never want to skip them once. 

BCS has not matched the absolute high of BrBa's season 4, but it is, and has been, a more interesting show throughout.

Aside from the actors ageing since BrBa, and this is in a timeline before that show's, there's nothing you can think of on improving. They've tried to mask the age bit with dimly lit scenes and off-hand camera angles, and actually made it a feature in this show. The music and background added just fit like a loved ones' fingers in your hand. 

And speaking of loved ones, Kim and Jimmy's love story is the best love story portrayed on any media that I can think of. It's lovely, and palpably romantic. 

There isn't a better show out there today. Just look at the ingredients: two incredibly smart lawyers, who practice their craft in very different ways and who live together and share an incredible love for each other, in the middle of a revenge story involving drug trade and border trafficking, an unhinged man of exemplary intelligence and counter-intelligence precision, a truly street-smart and incredibly sharp mob-boss, espionage, moles, courtrooms and complicated law stuff, shootouts, guns, and explosions, underlying all of which is grippy, unyielding tension induced drama with dark humour, montages, and whack job side characters as spotters. And if all of this wasn't enough, the revenge is on the Hefe´of the Mexican motherf**king cartel.

God fkn damn. 

NAMAST3. 

Edited by achilles
  • Like 2

Watched Marzi. Just 6 episodes.

Decent watch but the final episode seemed very rushed and wasn't really well thought out. Some of the portions in the end didn't make much sense and seemed rather silly, specially this part:

Sameera making a mad dash to Anurag's original house and getting access into his storage room for getting hold of the memory cards where he recorded his twisted deeds. That just seemed way too easy. I mean a stranger coming to someone's house and introducing herself as a friend to immediately get the keys to someone's personal storage room is weird and implausible!

Rajeev Khandelwal & Aahana Kumra, good performances from both.

Edited by Black_Hawk

Bruh Better Call Saul has fire grilled long form Drama. "I'm talking scorched earth, mthrfkr". 
The actors have been phenomenal. The previous cast from BrBa was near top of the food chain already, but what a find and revelation Rhea Seehorn (Kim) and Tony Dalton (Lalo) are. They have upped the level a few notches, and added a dimension to the show and have made it their own. 
They have made Better Call Saul, in separate arcs, about Kim and Lalo. The camera work, production, locations, dialog, scenes, everything just works, and you feel it could not have worked better. They could not have made a better show. Because when all the above meets incredible, pitch perfect writing, magic happens.  
Better Call Saul is magic, and Vince Gilligan and Peter Gould are magicians. I mean, even the intro credits of both BrBa and BCS are inspirational. They're perfect, in length and feel, appear at perfect times, have the colour of the show, moody music, serious for BrBa and goofy for BCS, and you never want to skip them once. 
BCS has not matched the absolute high of BrBa's season 4, but it is, and has been, a more interesting show throughout.

Aside from the actors ageing since BrBa, and this is in a timeline before that show's, there's nothing you can think of on improving. They've tried to mask the age bit with dimly lit scenes and off-hand camera angles, and actually made it a feature in this show. The music and background added just fit like a loved ones' fingers in your hand. 
And speaking of loved ones, Kim and Jimmy's love story is the best love story portrayed on any media that I can think of. It's lovely, and palpably romantic. 

There isn't a better show out there today. Just look at the ingredients: two incredibly smart lawyers, who practice their craft in very different ways and who live together and share an incredible love for each other, in the middle of a revenge story involving drug trade and border trafficking, an unhinged man of exemplary intelligence and counter-intelligence precision, a truly street-smart and incredibly sharp mob-boss, espionage, moles, courtrooms and complicated law stuff, shootouts, guns, and explosions, underlying all of which is grippy, unyielding tension induced drama with dark humour, montages, and whack job side characters as spotters. And if all of this wasn't enough, the revenge is on the Hefe´of the Mexican motherf**king cartel.

God fkn damn. 
NAMAST3. 
Lalo was my fav character this season. Amazing actor. BCS is right there with BB for me. Next season is last one. Will do a BB rewatch after that.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

God fkn damn. 
NAMAST3. 
Lalo was my fav character this season. Amazing actor. BCS is right there with BB for me. Next season is last one. Will do a BB rewatch after that.

On 5/8/2020 at 8:45 PM, Big Boss said:

BCS is better than BB for me. What a fantastic well paced show.

Also how the hell did I miss this brilliance from SNL, its hilarious for Office fans:

Oh did they unblock SNL for India? I was not able to access their videos before. 

On 5/8/2020 at 12:40 PM, harsh1387 said:

Lalo stole this season. He's easily become the most interesting character of the show. 

giphy.gif

22 minutes ago, Maximus said:

Loved the movie, so no chance this can be any good.

Very (below) average critics reviews so far. 

Also this is TNT's series and not Netflix. The latter is just distributing outside USA.

Don't know why Dead to Me is so highly rated. Season 2 even more than 1 and it was total trash. Then I realized it is rated so high because it is women empowerment show. 

The show is neither an intensive drama and neither a light rom-com. It's clearly attempting to be something in the middle and failing everywhere. Nothing happens at all. Just crying after crying every episode. 8 episodes wasted doing nothing. 9 and 10 episodes they try and boom it doesn't matter anymore.  

And of course end with a cliffhanger. 

On 4/14/2020 at 10:47 PM, hope said:

I am watching the 2013 mahabharata on Hotstar. 

Its pretty good too. Little melodramatic but very good. 

Also its very difficult to showcase the grandeur and complexity of Mahabharata on TV.It would require an unfeasible huge budget. 

Hope someday its made into a movie and realized as it should be. 

Family also started watching the newer one on star plus because of being more fast.

The old one is more simple and has more things to learn and better too but slow.

The more I watch, Duryodhan is portrayed as the villain but however wrong he was the Pandavas were also the culprits : wrong and racist and favoured.

Only natural for Duryodhan to have negative feelings against them who come suddenly and try to take away his birthright.

yes, what he did with Draupadi (her maid then which he won) was completely wrong but why bet your wife in the first place : the responsibility should fall more on the pandavas for this if at least not equal.

And they will win the entire war because of biased favour,powers and trickery from the gods and by also asking favours from their enemies.

Edited by GunnerY2J