~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

9 hours ago, playstationdude said:

I binged it over the weekend. Strictly Ok, borderline underwhelming. Starts really interesting, but just loses the essence somewhere, Kind of like Resident evil series did with RE6.

But you can definitely give it a try.

Thank-you for sharing your thoughts. I think I'll give it a pass for now and continue with Homeland.

I couldn't watch Betal for more than 25 minutes. The military guys introduced were so cliched and cringeworthy. And that face burned chick, what an overacting! Totally forced character. Also their leader lady using F word on live TV just made me lol. Stopped watching when that new fanboy recruit joined them, and then the lead actor had a shady sad backstory. Looks like they took all the cliches for every single type of character they could find, and applied them to all their characters.

1. A fanboy army hero with shady guilt filled backstory

2. The army leader, a lady, so strong and badass that she uses F words on live TV. Jhansi ki raani has nothing on her.

3. A female strong character sidechick, uses cuss words because oh so badass. Burnt face so yay for body positivity or whatever it's called.

4. A fanboy new recruit, who actually collected the paper clippings of the army hero and hands it over to him during their first meeting, and who just happens to be cousin of another sidekick

I just couldn't bother to continue with this sh*t.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, hope said:

Finished Betaal

Loved it totally. Dont know why its not getting good reviews :ko:

The Gore and effects didnt look fake. Proper stuff this. Story was very well done. Setting n atmosphere was fantastic. Mybe eyes could have been better :P

The lead actor didnt really connect it much but still it was decent. The village girl steals the show here. Katekar delivered again. 

Maza aa gya. 

4 hours ago, Big Boss said:

I couldn't watch Betal for more than 25 minutes. The military guys introduced were so cliched and cringeworthy. And that face burned chick, what an overacting! Totally forced character. Also their leader lady using F word on live TV just made me lol. Stopped watching when that new fanboy recruit joined them, and then the lead actor had a shady sad backstory. Looks like they took all the cliches for every single type of character they could find, and applied them to all their characters.

1. A fanboy army hero with shady guilt filled backstory

2. The army leader, a lady, so strong and badass that she uses F words on live TV. Jhansi ki raani has nothing on her.

3. A female strong character sidechick, uses cuss words because oh so badass. Burnt face so yay for body positivity or whatever it's called.

4. A fanboy new recruit, who actually collected the paper clippings of the army hero and hands it over to him during their first meeting, and who just happens to be cousin of another sidekick

I just couldn't bother to continue with this sh*t.

56 minutes ago, Mizanurification said:

Betaal - So bad. Cringey. Horrible acting. I don't know why Netflix keeps endorsing garbage like these. And the zombies look like they were designed by some 5 year old. 

42 minutes ago, Django_3101 said:

Betaal :rofl: 2 episode in just watching for the sake of it. 

Actors portraying as soldiers at least maintain a body language like one. that gun holding posture :lol:

cuss words are in there just because why not

Were you guys waiting for hope to post the +ve review so you can take a collective dump on it?:rofl:

Billions new episode was nice. Not great but pretty good from this season so far. 

Chuck has been the weakest this season so far. Taylor is...tolerable. Prince vs. Axe going well. The ending was perfect. 

26 minutes ago, quixote_1989 said:

Were you guys waiting for hope to post the +ve review so you can take a collective dump on it?:rofl:

Looks like it :rofl:

Also in 25 minutes he stopped watching,in 25 minutes hardly anything happens lol :doh: Yeh toh zyada hogaya bhai :P

1 hour ago, quixote_1989 said:

did he post :lol: ? 

turd piece of show. Thanks god it was short and there will be season 2 as well :doh:

Edited by Django_3101

2 hours ago, quixote_1989 said:

I didn't see his review before posting mine. I wanted Betaal to be good and i like the zombie genre and the recent web series like Asur, Pataal Lok have been decent if not great. But it turned out to be tatti. Just cause of lockdown and no internet I went through the whole four episodes, using shift-skip. 

Different people have different tastes though. ??‍♂️

Saw Paatal lok and it was strictly OK. Maybe got overhyped and went in expecting too much but I personally felt sacred game S1 was far better. It's like the writer fell in love with the Pandavas going to heaven with dog story and "dog loves man....." dialogue and wrote a whole series around it.

It starts off well but then midway the show loses steam and the investigation goes round and round. As one character says about a politician, jalebi khata hai, jalebi ki tarah gol gol bolta hai. same case with the story and motives. The conspiracy/motive is nothing but one  so called "breaking news headline" after another. And massive LOL and the ending, talk about being an absolute buzzkill. Even the Hiranyakashyap parallels with the villain is done just for the sake of it. They even start quoting how he died during the climax but it doesn't make any sense with how the arc of villain concludes. 

13 minutes ago, hope said:

Dude you gotta watch one epi atleast. In 25 mins they dont even enter the tunnel :lol:

Nah, the build up itself was too cliched. If the cast itself is unbearable, it doesn't warrant my time. There are too many good things to watch.

Although I agree with all the negatives. I would still encourage this series mainly because they are trying something new. Yes. Poor acting, Cliché characters and plot, cheezy dialogues, didn't live upto the semi decent premise and lots of other issues. But its just 4 episode series, I think they should make another, definitely not season 2 of this. Maybe a new series.

38 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Although I agree with all the negatives. I would still encourage this series mainly because they are trying something new. Yes. Poor acting, Cliché characters and plot, cheezy dialogues, didn't live upto the semi decent premise and lots of other issues. But its just 4 episode series, I think they should make another, definitely not season 2 of this. Maybe a new series.

Watch Ghoul. Way better and has zombies. This isn't the first Indian zombie series. Don't encourage mediocrity just for the sake of it. 

• Like 3