~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

8 minutes ago, dante77 said:

Ohh I have seen Ghoul. First day. It was great, no doubt about that but it was more of a horror movie. Again, I totally agree with all the negatives and it actually gets worse. But I liked the premise and idea of zombies of this one too.

VgfSPIg.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/26/2020 at 10:33 AM, Big Boss said:

1. A fanboy army hero with shady guilt filled backstory

And every single one of them has the same fkin backstory. Some random innocent civvie gets (mostly children) KIA and they have nightmares about it. 

On 5/25/2020 at 10:03 PM, Big Boss said:

I couldn't watch Betal for more than 25 minutes. The military guys introduced were so cliched and cringeworthy. And that face burned chick, what an overacting! Totally forced character. Also their leader lady using F word on live TV just made me lol. Stopped watching when that new fanboy recruit joined them, and then the lead actor had a shady sad backstory. Looks like they took all the cliches for every single type of character they could find, and applied them to all their characters.

1. A fanboy army hero with shady guilt filled backstory

2. The army leader, a lady, so strong and badass that she uses F words on live TV. Jhansi ki raani has nothing on her.

3. A female strong character sidechick, uses cuss words because oh so badass. Burnt face so yay for body positivity or whatever it's called.

4. A fanboy new recruit, who actually collected the paper clippings of the army hero and hands it over to him during their first meeting, and who just happens to be cousin of another sidekick

I just couldn't bother to continue with this sh*t.

I just started watching this morning after work and this post was the first thing that came to mind :lol:

This show is so cheesy and filled with cliché but can't stop watching. Soap of soapy shows. Watched 10 episodes so far, the suspense and pacing is nice but everything is so cheesy. 

Reminds of Jane the Virgin minus the wealth, which is of course another CW show. 

20 hours ago, adity said:

Started kengan ashura and watched 3 episodes. It's pretty awesome. No nonsense badass men beating the sh*t out of each other. The narrator is pretty annoying at times but the fights are super fun to watch. The CGI gets noticeably bad at times but it doesn't happen a whole lot. 

Also, the opening theme is f**king badass.

I'd recommend it if you wanna watch some dope anime hand to hand combat. 

Give a try to Baki as well.

Kengan is pretty dope.

1 hour ago, playstationdude said:

They will pander to Disney, as much as Disney wants. KH is basically a Disney series at this point, and Disney is huge - far bigger than SE. Notice the trend of FF and Disney in KH Games? KH1 had a lot of FF characters. KH2 as well. But KH3 has basically 0 FF characters. This is kinda the power dynamics of FF. In PS2 era, FF was huge - coming off the gigantic PS1 games of FF 7, 8 and 9 and going into strong contenders of 10 and 12.

In PS3 era, FF tanked hard. And this is reflected in KH as well. Don't think any of the recent KH games gave any prominence to FF at all. So it's basically Disney's anime/Video game series at this point and whatever they say - goes.

8 minutes ago, roun90 said:

They will pander to Disney, as much as Disney wants. KH is basically a Disney series at this point, and Disney is huge - far bigger than SE. Notice the trend of FF and Disney in KH Games? KH1 had a lot of FF characters. KH2 as well. But KH3 has basically 0 FF characters. This is kinda the power dynamics of FF. In PS2 era, FF was huge - coming off the gigantic PS1 games of FF 7, 8 and 9 and going into strong contenders of 10 and 12.

In PS3 era, FF tanked hard. And this is reflected in KH as well. Don't think any of the recent KH games gave any prominence to FF at all. So it's basically Disney's anime/Video game series at this point and whatever they say - goes.

KH Dream drop and BBS had a very good balance of FF and disney.

KH3 on the other hand is a high budget marketing campaign for Pixar movies. Shame.

But this gen SE has done very well , with almost all games being a commercial success. Hopefully the next KH game goes back to the roots.