~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

2 hours ago, playstationdude said:

KH Dream drop and BBS had a very good balance of FF and disney.

KH3 on the other hand is a high budget marketing campaign for Pixar movies. Shame.

But this gen SE has done very well , with almost all games being a commercial success. Hopefully the next KH game goes back to the roots.

Both are also very old games. KH DDD released in 2012 and BBS is even older in 2010. FF Series still had some clout at that point and hopes for FF XIII were very high. Now though, I expect it to be only a Disney fest. Disney will still have the KH OG characters like Sora, Riku, Kairi etc. but they will be used to promote whatever Disney wants to promote next. We might see some FF characters cameo, if we are lucky.

I think KH should also have introduced some FF worlds for brief adventures, not just stuck to Disney ones. Would have made for amazing interactions and would have been brief fun adventures. 

45 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Both are also very old games. KH DDD released in 2012 and BBS is even older in 2010. FF Series still had some clout at that point and hopes for FF XIII were very high. Now though, I expect it to be only a Disney fest. Disney will still have the KH OG characters like Sora, Riku, Kairi etc. but they will be used to promote whatever Disney wants to promote next. We might see some FF characters cameo, if we are lucky.

I think KH should also have introduced some FF worlds for brief adventures, not just stuck to Disney ones. Would have made for amazing interactions and would have been brief fun adventures. 

Yes , this so much. The best worlds in KH have been the original worlds( Traverse town, twilight town, hollow bastion/radiant garden, the world that never was, etc etc)

Scala ad caelum in KH3 (even the remind DLC) was so disappointing <_<

Just finished Paatal Lok and I'm bowled over by how amazing it was! It's easily the best Indian show I've seen. Heck, it would even fit into my list of favourite shows regardless of region.

Absolutely fantastic writing and direction with real, memorable and intimidating characters who are bolstered by equally good performances. Jaideep Ahlawat as Hathiram was, of course, the standout. Even the background score was excellent and played a big role in ramping up the intensity in many scenes.

The only negative for me was that the final episode felt a little underwhelming and slightly rushed. But other than that, it's a fantastic show all around! Will definitely keep and eye out for the writers/directors of this show.

• Thanks 1

On 5/21/2020 at 10:27 PM, Mizanurification said:

Exactly my thought. Like the plot didn't go anywhere and the ending was really weak, to the point where the whole show didn't make any sense. 

Great characterization and acting by everyone though. 

7/10

+1, very medicore ending , the performances were awesome, and so was the build up, felt like the writers ran out of creative content and ended it the way they did .... also, the whole plot is ridden with cliche after cliche , it was quite obvious that there was foul play half way into the season.  Overall, its a well acted / directed series .... but content wise, nothing new.  BTW, I still didn't get why

they were so afraid of tyagi as the dacoit (masterji) died of natural causes , it didn't make any sense as to why he posed such a severe threat that they had to make such a complex conspiracy just to eliminate him (considering he took his life when he found out the dacoit was dead) ? and why did they have to send the two other guys - kabir and cheeni ? I could understand the reason they sent the crazy dude , as that chanda wanted to get rid of him , but hte other two didn't make any sense at all !

5 seasons into my rewatch of Sopranos and its amazing how well that show holds up. Legitimately one of the finest peices of work ever put on TV. The final episode of season 4 where Tony and Carmella fight has some of the best acting ever done in any television. 

It does get self indulgent at times. And a lot of the side plots of AJ and Meadow tend to drag with no real interesting components in them. But every scene where the mafia stuff is playing out is absolutely riveting. Probably helped in a large part by an absolutely insanely talented cast of supporting actors. 

Side note, Hotstar finally jacked up their price. Even at 1500 a year though, its the best streaming content out there IMO. 

On 6/1/2020 at 10:57 PM, Aftrunner said:

Side note, Hotstar finally jacked up their price. Even at 1500 a year though, its the best streaming content out there IMO. 

But the compression is still sh*t though right? or has it improved?

My subscription ended last December and didn't bother renewing it. 

Picked up Homeland a few days ago. I had watched the first couple of seasons a long time back and somehow didn't go on with it. Was on my "To Watch" list for a long time and now what with this Lockdown I thought it would be an ideal time to get into it.

Almost done with Season 4 and boy does this season have it's intense moments! Claire Danes gets completely into the skin of Carrie's character. Tremendous acting skills. Also, the twists and turns this season... whew!

Edited by Black_Hawk

Homeland season 1 and 4 were great. Best seasons of the show and overall great television.

Season 3 was meh. Season 5 to 8 are trash. The quality kept dropping so much. 

9 hours ago, Black_Hawk said:

Almost done with Season 4 and boy does this season have it's intense moments! Claire Danes gets completely into the skin of Carrie's character. Tremendous acting skills. Also, the twists and turns this season... whew!

10 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Homeland season 1 and 4 were great. Best seasons of the show and overall great television.

Season 3 was meh. Season 5 to 8 are trash. The quality kept dropping so much. 

Damn. Now that doesn't sound good. I'll be starting with Season 5 today.

Most hypocritical, underserving (war wise) and confused characters : pandavas.

Now,Bhim has an opportunity to kill duryodhan on the second day of war itself and save countless lives, but he doesn't inspite of yudhisthir's order to end duryodhan's life.

Yudhisthir would have died if he did.

Now where is his Dharam of following his elder brother's every order ? 

When his wife was getting molested, he oblidged his brother's actions and respected his decision instead of protecting his wife. (Should have done the same in the war then by killing duryodhan)

The right thing wasn't done both Dharam wise and strategically.

Edited by GunnerY2J