~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

finished some 7 eppys of se01 of 'the wire'. The bureaucracy shocks me ....and by the time I finish the 5 seasons I'm sure, my english will be as horrible as the street in the series :nerves:

an excerpt from the series:

colleague looking happy

bunk: hey u look happy

colleague: ya, i got laid yest

bunk: oh yeah ? ur a**hole still hurting ?

:P

Edited by ..Ne0..

started watching the wire last night...only two episodes in and the pacing seems really slow...heard a lot about it so im gonna stick with it

peace

Yeah you really have to give it some time, esp with the first season. There are characters being introduced left and right and stories branching off everywhere but if you stick with it you find the genius beneath.

Hell even Alan moore loves it. And he hates everything.

Five-oh, Five-oh. :doh:

Same with me, just saw 2 episodes of wire. Very slow, but highly recommended by everyone here at GI. Am gonna stick with it.

Its not fast paced at all....it is more of drama than action series (like 24). I like the grim, realistic setting. Instead of all that hi-fi tech wizardry approach of CSI and a no. of its clones, this is crime drama at its core. So instead of showing of setting up the phone-tap at the will of a top cop in 2 mins, a good amount of time is spent in showing the bureaucracy and the intricacies involved with the process spanning over 2-3 episodes. I dig such gritty, realistic stuff, so check if that suits your taste :P

^^ i liked the latest episode...a typical old school whodunnit where the killer is caught in the act...very nice....there's nothing really extraordinary about the show but its still great...jane is an awesome character

peace

The earlier episode was better. Cho received a full transformation. :first:

that is the one im talking about....that was not the latest ep, was it?...that was ep 14

peace

Nope that's not the latest episode. The latest one is Episode 15 "Scarlet Fever" & the one I'm talking about is "Crimson Casanova". So I'm not sure which one you were talking about. :)