~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

I think he meant the

'Holly(i)'

episode.. i didnt find it that funny really, HIMYM is getting stale

Gotta agree with CaPwN. That was one of the funniest episodes ever. Reminds me of the good old first season.

I see that the funniest eps are the ones that are purely dialogue and situation driven and don't advance the story arc at all.

Edited by arun360

^ I just came to know yesterday that Barney is gay in real life, i had some very fond memories of him from Doogie House MD which i used to watch as a kid back then on tv when cable was non-existent.

Rewatch the first three seasons and laugh at him deliver extremely extravagant straight lines again.

And Doogie Howser MD was on cable. Star TV?

I used to watch it on Doordarshan along with Knight Rider and Street Hawk.

Doogie Howser was on DD 1 :) ? It was aired on star TV as far as i can remember.

I don't know about DD metro though.

Edited by ..Billy..

newest episode of LOST is EPIIIC !!

for anyone who has been watching from Season 1, this episode will blow your mind

Lost 13, 13.5 - Story of the Oceanic 6

and

Lost 14

There's a reason why LOST is what it is. When a show has educated adults talking back to the TV, meaningfully, you know you've won.

LOST is a lesson in editing, narrative and plot twists.

Do your homework.

If LOST is paced slow, blame it on 21st century televison.

Inside the diluted for network tv LOST there lies an amazing story to be told. If you've had the patience to sit through the last 4 seasons, you win that experience.

Cheers to the writers and the crew. Love your references to the physicists and videogames.

When Ben

moves the island with a crowbar

, when Jack and co.

break out by blowing up fuel tanks strategically placed next to the enemy

, we know. We applaud.

You are legend. You will be spoken about years from now, when the show is hailed as cult, a la the X-Files.

The X-Files didn't end well, though. Don't err on those lines. Please.

newest episode of LOST is EPIIIC !!

for anyone who has been watching from Season 1, this episode will blow your mind

i love LOST but i could guess the entire plotline of the last episode from miles (pun intended) away

Edited by ghb

Really ghb?

From your pun, you are referencing the 13th episode. That you could predict what happens in the 14th is not representative of the deterioration of the show.

Edited by arun360

Really ghb?

From your pun, you are referencing the 13th episode. That you could predict what happens in the 14th is not representative of the deterioration of the show.

no man...i was referring to the 14th eppy only...its hard making a pun for

faraday

...and no way am i suggesting that the show is deteriorating...uhn uhn...its frikking brilliant...and im glad that they have a fixed show finale scheduled for next season...atleast they won't do anything to drag it on (unlike heroes which i stopped watching middle of season 3 :majesty: )

btw, i didnt see last week's episode (13.5) thinking its a recap...was there anything new in it?

Edited by ghb

btw, i didnt see last week's episode (13.5) thinking its a recap...was there anything new in it?

It's a recap yes, but for the fans, NOT the newbies.

Tightly edited, focuses on stuff even fans* might want to rewatch.

EDIT: * hardcore fans

Edited by arun360

I liked the last ep of Himym

(the Holly one)

, had quite some lulz.

South park is coming to VH1 :panic:
:good: Hope it doesn't create any controversy here.

^ I just came to know yesterday that Barney is gay in real life, i had some very fond memories of him from Doogie House MD which i used to watch as a kid back then on tv when cable was non-existent.
If it wasn't for Barney I probably would have stopped watching it after the 1st season. Its amazing how he pulls such a badass hetero on the show.

Finished first 4 episodes of Heroes : Season 1. This show really seems to be very good. Can't wait to see how things ... unfold!
Completed Season 1 last night. Was pretty awesome,

Was expecting more from the last episode though. Was pretty weak, I guess my bar of awesomeness has been set quite high after watching the end of Dexter season 1

Will start season 2 as soon as I get some free space on my HDD.

Gonna start watching Lost, i have finished grabbing all the seasons in dvdrip, also added all the released dvdrips of Skins. It seems like an awesome show. Also got some old shows too, so i added about 70-80gigs of tv shows. Now i just need lots of free time to watch them.

Does anyone follow Weeds over here ?