~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

2 minutes ago, Assassins Creed said:

Finished DARK season 1 yesterday.. Dimag Dahi se Keechad state... wtf is going on 5 f**king timelines.. wat are they even trying to convey..

Is season 3 cliffhanger again ? Thinking if I should continue or watch everything once everything is over.. its so much of mindf**k

Season 3 is the final season.

• Thanks 1

Yeah, season 3 is final.  But if you think season 1 was complex, season 2&3 will make your head spin I guess, the plot keeps getting increasingly complicated until the end of season 3 where they explain everything very well.  At the end i marveled at the simplicity of the overarching plot, while admiring the complicated way its presented !

Edited by Ne0
  • Confused 1

I didn't like dark at all. Stretched and dragged unnecessarily. I just finished it as everyone kept praising the ending. I am glad and surprised they didnt drag the concept in the last two episodes for another season. They did humanity a great service ending the series. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Bhpian Bali said:

I didn't like dark at all. Stretched and dragged unnecessarily. I just finished it as everyone kept praising the ending. I am glad and surprised they didnt drag the concept in the last two episodes for another season. They did humanity a great service ending the series. 

Yup. Slogged through S3 only because people told that they wrap up the whole mystery at the end. Big disappointment. S 1&2 were far better. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KnackChap said:

Yup. Slogged through S3 only because people told that they wrap up the whole mystery at the end. Big disappointment. S 1&2 were far better. 

Definitely ...season 1&2 were miles ahead of s3 but the direction and narration kept me hooked on to the series....very well directed imo 

9 minutes ago, adity said:

Tbh I feel while watching many shows that they could have been a movie and be just as good. Dark was definitely one of those.

The story could have easily been condensed into a trilogy and be just as good. Sure we wouldn't get tangential details like that lesbian affair but I don't think that it would have any real effect. 

However, I still liked it for what it was.

I thought the same about the show. This was a movie script turned into a series. They could have made three films instead and instead of dragging season 1 concept into season 2 just made a film that also elaborated a little more about the ending instead of just throwing it into our face. Like all those hours of slogging through the series only to be told "you know what" in the last episode.

2 minutes ago, adity said:

Yes I definitely didn't feel like the ending was earned at all. Its kinda like Looper where time travel is just a plot device to tell the story.

Tbh the show is depressing as f**k. Like not one character in the movie has a decent life just non stop misery. Which kinda makes sense given the context of the show. But still. 

Also, Hannah is a grade A Thundercunt and Ulrich is a massive moron. I'm glad he got what he deserved. Those 2 were perfect for each other. 

Totally agree about hannah. And what was that about Jonas is a nice name? I was like what's the point? It was so predictable

The whole thing about Dark is that there is this time travel sh*t which is actually world changing event, but the show treats it like there is only one city in the whole world and the people there just use the time travel to mess up each other's lives. It's scope is extremely limited considering the fact that the events are world altering. They all live in a small bubble. It's not like Stranger things where scope keeps on increasing season by season and there are no actual world changing repercussions of their actions anyways 

9 hours ago, Big Boss said:

The whole thing about Dark is that there is this time travel sh*t which is actually world changing event, but the show treats it like there is only one city in the whole world and the people there just use the time travel to mess up each other's lives. It's scope is extremely limited considering the fact that the events are world altering. They all live in a small bubble. It's not like Stranger things where scope keeps on increasing season by season and there are no actual world changing repercussions of their actions anyways 

well if you think about it, even the world is small part in the larger context of time, its more like a universe altering event (reason you've the concept of a parallel universe).  But, the show is not about that, its about

a bunch of people who're trapped in that never ending cycle caused by another event which has resulted in their world being what it is 

If you remember, there's a scene in season 2 , where the cop who comes from outside the town wonders why has no one left the town since ages and they're all stuck there since generations, he says its really weird for a town that size !

IMO, the reason is they are stuck there as they're forced to repeat the same things again and again and even small deviations from the events is not allowed - many attempt it throughout to alter the outcomes, but fail.  Their whole existence is temporal and questionable since they're all the outcome of another event which has happened outside of realm of their realities.

Edited by Ne0
  • Like 1

Yes, exactly, the show is more about the miserable lives they lead and their desperate attempts to break free.

the look on Adam's face at the end when Claudia tells him he's attempted to destroy the origin an infinite no of times , tells how helpless and desperate they're in a world where their destinies are already determined

Kinda reminded of this movie called 'triangle', if anyone has seen it !

IMO, it's not just another TV show about time travel, one needs to look a little deeper to understand how nuanced and intelligent the writing is.

Edited by Ne0

12 hours ago, Ne0 said:

Yes, exactly, the show is more about the miserable lives they lead and their desperate attempts to break free.

Reveal hidden contents

the look on Adam's face at the end when Claudia tells him he's attempted to destroy the origin an infinite no of times , tells how helpless and desperate they're in a world where their destinies are already determined

Kinda reminded of this movie called 'triangle', if anyone has seen it !

IMO, it's not just another TV show about time travel, one needs to look a little deeper to understand how nuanced and intelligent the writing is.

True. Its not your regular time travel based movie/series.You need to thoroughly understand to enjoy the series. Else you won't enjoy it that much imo. 

Btw Fun fact : if you add up the numbers in the date 21.06.1986......it sums up to 33 :bigyellowgrin:

Edited by kold_war

Been re-watching King of Queens 4th time. Still enjoy every scene. ? 

Doug and Carrie had amazing chemistry and Jerry Stiller was fantastic as ever. He stole every scene.