~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

On 7/25/2020 at 11:20 PM, Ne0 said:

Yeah, season 3 is final.  But if you think season 1 was complex, season 2&3 will make your head spin I guess, the plot keeps getting increasingly complicated until the end of season 3 where they explain everything very well.  At the end i marveled at the simplicity of the overarching plot, while admiring the complicated way its presented !

Done with season 2, at least season 1 could be understood well.. season 2 as it ends is absolute kachumber where everyone is moving places like it’s neighborhood.. looking for some answers in season 3 and get done with it.. :censored:

I just watched this new series called Hunters on Amazon Prime, it stars Al Pacino, Logan Lerman and some other actors 

10/10 ending mein Gott ! :rofl:

Der Nexte Season ist going zu be Lit  ???

08cqyzfmole31.jpg

The Umbrella Academy season 2 reviews out

RT: 97% fresh with 8.67/10 Avg rating :wOOtjumpy:

• This chapter manages to push these characters beyond expectations, and it provides us with some of the most entertaining sequences of the year.
  • What's great about season 2 is that you can really see how so many of the characters have grown. If season 1 is about the cracks in the family, season 2 is about them healing, learning to appreciate and support each other, to show each other kindness.
  • The Umbrella Academy's return is a welcome, escapist experience that ups the fun factor from the previous season with a dash of poignant societal reflection.
  • This quirky, vibrant and diverse universe somehow gets better and better. 
  • Smart, stylish & hugely entertaining, the second season once again pushes the boundaries of the superhero genre with the quirky and bold vision of Gerard Way
  • Retaining all the charm of its predecessor, The Umbrella Academy's energetic, creative second season extends the mythology in ambitious and unexpected new ways.
  • A fantastic mix of X-Men meets Back to the Future, Season 2 is an incredible ride. Sheehan & Gallagher are still the standouts, but Ritu Arya is a fantastic new addition.
  • It's both exhilarating and heartbreaking, and ultimately it brought me joy. In a year when it feels like the world is ending in real-time, The Umbrella Academy gives me hope.
  • Season two takes all of what you love so much from season one and brings it all a major step forward through more refined storytelling and situation -- and time period -- that tests these characters in new ways.

2 MORE DAYS! :wOOtjumpy:

10 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

I just watched this new series called Hunters on Amazon Prime, it stars Al Pacino, Logan Lerman and some other actors 

10/10 ending mein Gott ! :rofl:

Der Nexte Season ist going zu be Lit  ???

08cqyzfmole31.jpg

Hunters is brilliant. Not so popular, but brilliant nevertheless. 

3 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

The Umbrella Academy season 2 reviews out

RT: 97% fresh with 8.67/10 Avg rating :wOOtjumpy:

• This chapter manages to push these characters beyond expectations, and it provides us with some of the most entertaining sequences of the year.
  • What's great about season 2 is that you can really see how so many of the characters have grown. If season 1 is about the cracks in the family, season 2 is about them healing, learning to appreciate and support each other, to show each other kindness.
  • The Umbrella Academy's return is a welcome, escapist experience that ups the fun factor from the previous season with a dash of poignant societal reflection.
  • This quirky, vibrant and diverse universe somehow gets better and better. 
  • Smart, stylish & hugely entertaining, the second season once again pushes the boundaries of the superhero genre with the quirky and bold vision of Gerard Way
  • Retaining all the charm of its predecessor, The Umbrella Academy's energetic, creative second season extends the mythology in ambitious and unexpected new ways.
  • A fantastic mix of X-Men meets Back to the Future, Season 2 is an incredible ride. Sheehan & Gallagher are still the standouts, but Ritu Arya is a fantastic new addition.
  • It's both exhilarating and heartbreaking, and ultimately it brought me joy. In a year when it feels like the world is ending in real-time, The Umbrella Academy gives me hope.
  • Season two takes all of what you love so much from season one and brings it all a major step forward through more refined storytelling and situation -- and time period -- that tests these characters in new ways.

2 MORE DAYS! :wOOtjumpy:

:wOOtjumpy: need to catch a recap video now

1 hour ago, dylanjosh said:

Nice. Hopefully the character writing has improved. Season 1 was full of moments where the characters felt like complete idiots.

exactly......finished season 1 yesterday and felt the same after watching it.

But neverthless , cant wait for season 2 :happydance:glad i found this show a bit late :D 

42 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

started with 'the witcher' on netflix, is this based on the books ? I see no resemblance to the games yet.  

Yeah, it's based on the books. The games take place after the events of the books.

1 minute ago, Ne0 said:

whats canon ?

Canon means that the material was produced by the official source for the show/movie.

Yen story isn't fleshed out in books like shown in the show.

1 hour ago, Ne0 said:

whats canon ?

canon basically means "official story" or "official universe"

games not being canon means that game story isn't part of the "official witcher story".  Think of it as really expensive fan-fiction. The books will not acknowledge the events of the game. 

• Thanks 1