~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

50 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

Finally done with The Witcher on Netflix.  Totally awesome, love how they've used the entirety of the first season to setup the premise and introduce all the characters. Next seasons will explore the actual Witcher Saga I guess.  

Yes it will go in that direction. Cavill said in one of the interviews that they're following the books closely, and they did that with Season 1, so expect even more character interaction in Season 2 :) 

This is the fantasy epic for sure

Until Wheel of Time comes out on Prime, that is. :wOOtjumpy:

Finished Umbrella Academy S2. Great show. Much better than S1 and picks off right from the start.

Ending is pretty good too and sets up S3 nicely.

8/10

And yes Mads Mikkelsen would've been great as Geralt. I hated the cast earlier but Cavill did a decent job. But that chick for Triss. ?

Edited by Mizanurification

1 hour ago, Chirag2001 said:

Yes it will go in that direction. Cavill said in one of the interviews that they're following the books closely, and they did that with Season 1, so expect even more character interaction in Season 2 :) 

This is the fantasy epic for sure

Until Wheel of Time comes out on Prime, that is. :wOOtjumpy:

did you watch 'cursed' / 'kingdom' / 'letter for the king' ? They are fantasy based shows as well I guess. I plan to start with 'cursed'.  It would be awesome if they make 'wheel of time', I think I had read the first book, but its way too big , like 14-15 books !

32 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

did you watch 'cursed' / 'kingdom' / 'letter for the king' ? They are fantasy based shows as well I guess. I plan to start with 'cursed'.  It would be awesome if they make 'wheel of time', I think I had read the first book, but its way too big , like 14-15 books !

Yeah its a long series, an epic in all terms.

IF they make Wheel of Time? Man its coming on Prime early next year. The actors are super famous, but I'm sure you know Rosamund Pike? :wOOtjumpy:

She was nominated for Gone Girl. 

Prime made the right move. Prime will be the place to be when Wheel of Time starts airing.

I plan to complete the series this fall/winter. Will start fresh from Book 1, though I did read the first few some years back :) 

4 hours ago, Ne0 said:

Kingdom. Kingdom. Kingdom. 

Awesome show. 

3 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

Yeah its a long series, an epic in all terms.

IF they make Wheel of Time? Man its coming on Prime early next year. The actors are super famous, but I'm sure you know Rosamund Pike? :wOOtjumpy:

She was nominated for Gone Girl. 

Prime made the right move. Prime will be the place to be when Wheel of Time starts airing.

I plan to complete the series this fall/winter. Will start fresh from Book 1, though I did read the first few some years back :) 

I've read the whole series. Some really good moments. I would have prefered it to be an animated show like ATLA. There's lots of crazy stuff that happens that will put the production budget sky high. 

1 hour ago, dylanjosh said:

I've read the whole series. Some really good moments. I would have prefered it to be an animated show like ATLA. There's lots of crazy stuff that happens that will put the production budget sky high. 

You've read the whole series? Damn man I've been putting it off for the perfect time for quite a few years now. 

I'd prefer live action in this case.

Could've been great had they collaborated with japanese animation studios. As an anime fan, the japs know the tricks of the trade better than anyone, so I'd trust them to not screw up.

A studio like Kyoto Animations perhaps.

Even as a live action show, I hope they follow the books and the put the money in. GoT success gave fantasy shows a push, as we can see Witcher got a season 2 before season 1 even released.

I'm so excited to see this, it's gonna be a wild ride.

Yeah all 14 books :P Read it few years ago. I even have some physical copies with me. 

Btw have you seen this? 

It's a fake "pilot" that a studio made because they wanted to keep the rights. It was aired at midnight so that least people watch it :P 

Finished S2 of Umbrella academy. What a fun season with some genuinely hilarious moments. And ending was awesome. Now the wait begins for S3. I enjoyed everyone's acting, even the Swedes were menacing. Klaus reactions are hilarious, especially in final episode :rofl:

Number 5 actor is still the best though. He loses his sh*t so many times.

Netflix have gems after gems every month or so.

Edit: Also how can I forget, the music and the tracks selection is top notch. Some really contrasting ost. This needs a special mention.

Edit 2: Ignore the bad IMDb ratings by alt right trolls. They shat on Watchmen, Tlou2 too. f**k them.

Edited by Big Boss

10 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

Yeah all 14 books :P Read it few years ago. I even have some physical copies with me. 

Btw have you seen this? 

Yeah I have seen this before 

On reddit :P

Oh you have the physical copies? Very nice.

Thats one of the reasons i pushed it off. Wanted the whole set on my shelves, but now I've accepted that I have no more space, so will read on kindle.

And a bit of audiobook. Kramer and Reading are fantastic. 

Would recommend checking out The Stormlight Archives if you haven't already. 

Anyway, high hopes for the TV show. 

They making Wheel of Time TV Show now? That too Amazon? How the heck is that possible? I thought that series was in a legal rights hell (Author's wife wanted a TV Show, but rights had already been sold to a producer who did not want to make it)

Also Amazon is doing LOTR TV Show so won't it conflict (Though I'm not sure Amazon will be doing a good job on even LOTR. Any LOTR Story that was not made by JRR Tolkien, it failed spectacularly. And it seems Amazon is also going the original story route)

11 hours ago, Big Boss said:

Finished S2 of Umbrella academy. What a fun season with some genuinely hilarious moments. And ending was awesome. Now the wait begins for S3. I enjoyed everyone's acting, even the Swedes were menacing. Klaus reactions are hilarious, especially in final episode :rofl:

Number 5 actor is still the best though. He loses his sh*t so many times.

Netflix have gems after gems every month or so.

Edit: Also how can I forget, the music and the tracks selection is top notch. Some really contrasting ost. This needs a special mention.

Edit 2: Ignore the bad IMDb ratings by alt right trolls. They shat on Watchmen, Tlou2 too. f**k them.

Very much this. Season 2 was super enjoyable. More than season 1 which I loved it anyway. Lots of hilarious moments. The Swedes did their part well too. 

Klaus + Ben and that EVERYBODY scene was rolling. SO GOOD! ?

Soundtrack selection, cinematography, acting from everyone - 10/10. Luther who usually gets all the hate had good moments. Number Five still number one. This kid is next level. 

Only thing I didn't like is the farm stuff. Otherwise, fantastic season. 

Just now, roun90 said:

They making Wheel of Time TV Show now? That too Amazon? How the heck is that possible? I thought that series was in a legal rights hell (Author's wife wanted a TV Show, but rights had already been sold to a producer who did not want to make it)

Also Amazon is doing LOTR TV Show so won't it conflict (Though I'm not sure Amazon will be doing a good job on even LOTR. Any LOTR Story that was not made by JRR Tolkien, it failed spectacularly. And it seems Amazon is also going the original story route)

Yeah there was a rights dispute but I guess it got resolved. 

Just now, Chirag2001 said:

Would recommend checking out The Stormlight Archives if you haven't already. 

Yeah I've been putting it off for some time. Been meaning to get to it. The last 3 WoT books which were written by Sanderson are 3 of the best in the entire series. 

6 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

Yeah there was a rights dispute but I guess it got resolved. 

Yeah I've been putting it off for some time. Been meaning to get to it. The last 3 WoT books which were written by Sanderson are 3 of the best in the entire series. 

Exactly. I stopped reading WoT, but became attached to Sanderson because of his other works, hence wanting to get back into WoT.

Not sure if it can top Stormlight Archives for me though, with Book 4 coming out this fall.

Give it a chance, its easily the best thing I've ever read, period. 

On 6/19/2020 at 6:58 PM, Chirag2001 said:

https://www.praguereporter.com/home/2020/6/16/the-wheel-of-time-carnival-row-to-resume-prague-shoots-in-late-julyearly-august

2021 release for The Wheel of Time (Amazon, Sony) still possible! So damn excited for this :) 

Plus I just love Rosamund Pike, she's really good. Considering she was that good in Gone Girl, a book to movie adaptation, high hopes for this.

Hope it shatters every record GoT set lol 

@roun90  @dylanjosh