~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

48 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

Okay, How to Sell Drugs Online (Fast) ending was pretty cool. ? Season 2 was so much better and had me laugh out loud so many times. The ending also sets up for season 3 very well. 

Overall super stylish show. Aesthetically pleasing with awesome editing and good soundtrack. Dan is gem. 

Adding to watchlist ?✌️

1 hour ago, Joe Cool said:

Okay, How to Sell Drugs Online (Fast) ending was pretty cool. ? Season 2 was so much better and had me laugh out loud so many times. The ending also sets up for season 3 very well. 

Overall super stylish show. Aesthetically pleasing with awesome editing and good soundtrack. Dan is gem. 

Loved both the seasons. Done smartly and stylishly. Doesn't has the usual pitfalls of such shows. 

Edited by Bird Bird Bird

I Am Not Okay with This - garbage. Nothing like Stranger Things. Not even close. 

Severely lacks originality. Whole angsty teen thing is so overdone. Super predictable, cliché after cliché after cliché and nothing actually happens at all. 

Every episode looked like "this is it" but nope. Final episode...last 5 minutes something happens and season over. Of course. ?

It's like Stranger Things and End of the f**king world had a child.

That's the reason I watched and afraid it was nothing like those shows. Barely anything happened. Maybe next season with how it ended. 

I also sought wisdom from Stoic philosophers who were big on differentiating between what is within our control and what isn’t. I realized I couldn’t control the creative direction of the series, but I could control how I responded. So, I chose to leave the project. It was the hardest professional decision I’ve ever had to make, and certainly not one that I took lightly, but it was necessary for my happiness and creative integrity. 

And who knows? Netflix’s live-action adaptation of Avatar has the potential to be good. It might turn out to be a show many of you end up enjoying. But what I can be certain about is that whatever version ends up on-screen, it will not be what Bryan and I had envisioned or intended to make.

Doesn't sound good

1 hour ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Absolutely f**king loved Bandish Bandits. Imho that's how one should make a typical Indian Serial. All the drama without the grief and stupid fillers. And some great music too. Good acting by all.

Can be watched with Family? 

1 hour ago, hope said:

Can be watched with Family? 

Apart from just one episode where they show intimate scene while they are recording and someone goes to someone's room (you will know) and some bj references in slang from one guy every now and then. And another scene where they just show woman's back while getting intimate. Not shown very explicitly but people will understand what's going on. Ill say yes, can be watched with family if some scenes like that are acceptable. 

Can be easily forwarded.

I Would definitely play it for them and leave them to it.

Edited by Bhpian Bali
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Bhpian Bali said:

Absolutely f**king loved Bandish Bandits. Imho that's how one should make a typical Indian Serial. All the drama without the grief and stupid fillers. And some great music too. Good acting by all.

This series was the one which was sent to me preview. It was huge pain to complete first 3 episodes. Very generic typical bollywood musical stuff. Maybe because I am not into classical music, but everything was so pretentious and unrealistic. That guy is such a dedicated singer but he eats oily street food regularly. That was some hilarious sh*t, I know few average local singers and they take care of throat like crazy, no oily food at all, let alone street chat and samosas. Also his uncle denies huge patent money because the foreigner purchasing it wanted to use different name? Does the showrunner even know how a patent works? Don't get me started on police arrest and swapping the guys in jail. It's a typical bollywood show without any realism but takes itself seriously.

Edit: And totally unnecessary swear words which are completely against the tone of the show.

Edited by Big Boss

7 hours ago, Big Boss said:

This series was the one which was sent to me preview. It was huge pain to complete first 3 episodes. Very generic typical bollywood musical stuff. Maybe because I am not into classical music, but everything was so pretentious and unrealistic. That guy is such a dedicated singer but he eats oily street food regularly. That was some hilarious sh*t, I know few average local singers and they take care of throat like crazy, no oily food at all, let alone street chat and samosas. Also his uncle denies huge patent money because the foreigner purchasing it wanted to use different name? Does the showrunner even know how a patent works? Don't get me started on police arrest and swapping the guys in jail. It's a typical bollywood show without any realism but takes itself seriously.

Edit: And totally unnecessary swear words which are completely against the tone of the show.

I agree with your points but i still liked watching it. 

You watched the show as a critic otherwise the street food thing even bothered me but I didnt think much about it. They say that lata mangeshkar and her sisters have not even eaten curd forget chat and all.