~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

1 hour ago, Ne0 said:

I didn't know singers didn't eat oily food, interesting. Also why do they include gaalis man, can't ppl make a few shows where a full family can sit and watch :ack:

Everyone doesnt go mc bc in it. It is mostly by one guy from mumbai with BJ and 3sum sex references in English. 

3 hours ago, Ne0 said:

I didn't know singers didn't eat oily food, interesting. Also why do they include gaalis man, can't ppl make a few shows where a full family can sit and watch :ack:

I think the popularity of crime/thriller shows like Sacred Games or Mirzapur influenced this heavily.

Now we have an influx of crime drama from all streaming services, and they all try to top each other with more and more creative swear words.

Though we don't have a problem with gaalis when watching shows as we live in Delhi :fear1:

3 hours ago, Ne0 said:

There are very few good family shows without swearing:

1. Yeh meri family (one episode might make you slightly uncomfortable as it indirectly refers to masturbation lol)

2. Panchayat

3. Chacha vidhayak hai hamare ( has swearing in one episode)

That's it lol. Can't think of any other hindi webseries. There is a market for good hindi webseries without swearing or adult content, but they will fill such shows with unnecessary melodrama anyways, so it's not working out.

Lucifer 

Season 1 - 8/10. Entertaining.

Season 2 - 8/10. Fun continues. Didn't like mom much but everything else was good. 

Season 3 - just started. Awesome start. Tom Welling. ??

8 hours ago, Bhpian Bali said:

I agree with your points but i still liked watching it. 

You watched the show as a critic otherwise the street food thing even bothered me but I didnt think much about it. They say that lata mangeshkar and her sisters have not even eaten curd forget chat and all. 

There are both types of musicians though. Shankar Mahadevan’s favorite food is fried fish, Yesudas loves Chiken Biriyani, SPB smoked, eats ice cream etc and some of the singers I know here have street food too.

UP and coming current gen kids are fussy though.

Edited by kmkaks

On 8/15/2020 at 2:02 PM, dylanjosh said:

Started watching "The Americans". Watched 4 episodes. Seems good so far. Nothing super amazing. 

Keep watching it. It's a slow burner and a very good one at that. Keri Russel's acting is so fantastic as the show progresses. This show is definitely one of my favorite shows of all time.

44 minutes ago, roun90 said:

Anyone else watched the Korean Crime Thriller "Stranger" here? It's Season 2 is up on Netflix. If you've yet to watch this, I highly recommend it. It's absolutely amazing and will leave you at the edge of our seat.

Yet to finish S1. Has pacing issues.

So watching 2 tv shows now

1. Dirty john (se02): I started with this as I had found the first season to be quite intriguing.  First episode was ok, second episode, not liking it so much with its non linear narration style.

2. True Detective (se03) : Had watched the previous 2 seasons, and loved the first season.  Second season was meh.  This season,seems much better (still in ep 03) but the quick cuts/ jump cuts across timelines is jarring at times.

Overall, I feel the tv shows are really making this whole non-linear story telling into a key part of narration , which I'm not liking.  For some it might match (like DARK), but with the both the above shows it doesn't seem necessary at all.  I feel the writers take a straightforward (read uninteresting) story , just jumble up the sequence of events to cause intrigue / suspense which otherwise doesn't exist in that story.  This style of narration is quickly getting old and annoying :ack:

Edited by Ne0

4 hours ago, Joe Cool said:

Such a pleasant surprise. Sweet, funny, wholesome and comforting. Can't wait for 4th episode. ?

Jason Sudekeis makes everything hilarious. Gotta check this out.

Though this is currently airing, so will watch once S1 is complete.

2 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

Jason Sudekeis makes everything hilarious. Gotta check this out.

Though this is currently airing, so will watch once S1 is complete.

Definitely worth checking out. Even more if you are a football fan. Delight to watch. 

Every Friday new episode. Ends on Oct 3.