~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

8 hours ago, SuperT said:

Started watching The Haunting of Bly Manor, I am on Episode 3 and it's not as scary as the first one. But great acting all around and great atmosphere just like the first one. I'll finish the series and then conclude my views but I feel The Haunting of Hill House was scarier and the story was much more gripping.

Yeah, the first four episodes were pretty meh and I wasn't finding the show very compelling. It's from the fifth episode that it actually starts to unravel. It really picks up from there and gets quite interesting. Loved it all the way through from there on. It doesn't get scary per se but does manage to get under your skin at times.

That said, I still don't think it's as good as Hill House. That had much better characters and the whole sibling dynamic was very relatable and really well done. And I remember being completely grabbed by it right from the first episode.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SuperT said:

Started watching The Haunting of Bly Manor, I am on Episode 3 and it's not as scary as the first one. But great acting all around and great atmosphere just like the first one. I'll finish the series and then conclude my views but I feel The Haunting of Hill House was scarier and the story was much more gripping.

Felt the same about Bly Manor. Doubt it can be considered a horror drama, more like a psychological drama. Has pacing issues too. It's not all "Perfectly Splendid". Would've been a 6.5 but 7/10 just for the kids. 

Edited by Mizanurification
  • Like 1

On 10/11/2020 at 11:27 PM, Joe Cool said:

If you liked season 3, you will enjoy 4 and 5 even more! I remember S4 having least shitty stuff and packed with lawsuits. 

You were right. Season 5 was f**king BRILLIANT. Best Season of anything I've seen. The second half (Ep 8-16) had me on me toes the entire time.

The song selection is also fantastic. Amazing music in this show.

Season 4 was packed with lawsuits, but very less Harvey-Mike interaction, and Season 5 really dialed that up. 

Also, the way Season 5 ends, there is no way I don't watch Season 6. I'm 4 episodes in so far, and its just as good. Season 5 2nd arc was probably the peak though. 

Glad I decided to watch Suits. 

3 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

You were right. Season 5 was f**king BRILLIANT. Best Season of anything I've seen. The second half (Ep 8-16) had me on me toes the entire time.

The song selection is also fantastic. Amazing music in this show.

Season 4 was packed with lawsuits, but very less Harvey-Mike interaction, and Season 5 really dialed that up. 

Also, the way Season 5 ends, there is no way I don't watch Season 6. I'm 4 episodes in so far, and its just as good. Season 5 2nd arc was probably the peak though. 

Glad I decided to watch Suits. 

:cheers:

First 5 seasons are enjoyable. Season 6 starts off well but I slowly lost interest and S7 was even worse. Donna became unbearable. Gave up after that. 

6 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

First 5 seasons are enjoyable. Season 6 starts off well but I slowly lost interest and S7 was even worse. Donna became unbearable. Gave up after that. 

8 Episodes in, all good for now. Will wrap up after S7 as Mike leaves anyway. I've liked Donna's know-it-all attitude so far, but lets see. 

3 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

There is also Korean Suits called Syucheu on Netflix if you are interested.

Nah, that would be stretching it too far lol, will watch something completely different after this. 

I felt Suits should have ended after S5 or at least S7 when Mike left. 

Rachel leaving was fantastic but losing Mike was too much. 

6 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

Nah, that would be stretching it too far lol, will watch something completely different after this. 

Yeah, this Korean version is super cheesy. :P 

Am currently watching Atypical. Nice and warming so far (S2). 

Wrapped up Bly Manor. While the show had some serious pacing issues, episode 8 was beautiful and imo, makes up for everything that came before. 

7/10 overall, 10/10 for episode 8.

Edited by Walker

9 hours ago, kold_war said:

Yet to finish the final season ....just gave up on it cos it became dogshit imo

but such a good show!

Yeah, don’t bother with it, save yourself the trauma of series finale as well, an ending somehow worse than GOT. Glad they are bringing it back, hopefully this time they will give it a proper ending and retcon that stupid incest romance and other useless things and characters. IMHO it hit the peak at Season 4 and then went downhill.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, him2anshu said:

Yeah, don’t bother with it, save yourself the trauma of series finale as well, an ending somehow worse than GOT. Glad they are bringing it back, hopefully this time they will give it a proper ending and retcon that stupid incest romance and other useless things and characters. IMHO it hit the peak at Season 4 and then went downhill.

Ya I heard the same 

And very true ....it went downhill after s4 but was still watchable. But the final season was painfully bad to even begin with. Hope they this time around they take it in the right path :P

Edited by kold_war

OK so I saw 5 episodes of Bly manor over the weekend.

First off, its true its not as scary as Hill House, but that isn't really an issue for me.

Hill House was so great because of the story, characters and the relationships between them and the house. In that respect, Bly Manor absolutely delivers and so I'm quite enjoying it. 

I just saw episode 5 (Hannah Grose) and it was an absolutely banger of an episode holy sh*t. I saw it last night and its still swirling in my mind today. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

OK so I saw 5 episodes of Bly manor over the weekend.

First off, its true its not as scary as Hill House, but that isn't really an issue for me.

Hill House was so great because of the story, characters and the relationships between them and the house. In that respect, Bly Manor absolutely delivers and so I'm quite enjoying it. 

I just saw episode 5 (Hannah Grose) and it was an absolutely banger of an episode holy sh*t. I saw it last night and its still swirling in my mind today. 

Keep watching, it gets better and the finale ends on a high note.