~The TV Shows Thread~

StormShadow

4 minutes ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Really ? Reviews are horrible. 

Do you always let others decide what's good for you? Bly Manor had great reviews but many here found it boring. So reviews are overrated. Just watch few episodes and then take a call. 

Edited by ZooZoo

3 minutes ago, ZooZoo said:

Do you always let others decide what's good for you? Bly Manor had great reviews but many here found it boring. So reviews are overrated. Just watch few episodes and then take a call. 

I generally skip Marvel/DC shows since they make a cartoon out of comics, hence asking. 

Nevertheless, guess you also don't have anything positive to say about the show except "See for yourself".

Super helpful, man. Gee ! 

• Haha 3

OK so I saw 5 episodes of Bly manor over the weekend.

First off, its true its not as scary as Hill House, but that isn't really an issue for me.

Hill House was so great because of the story, characters and the relationships between them and the house. In that respect, Bly Manor absolutely delivers and so I'm quite enjoying it. 

I just saw episode 5 (Hannah Grose) and it was an absolutely banger of an episode holy sh*t. I saw it last night and its still swirling in my mind today. 
It's pretty good but not at par with Hill House. Bly takes a while to get going but you're in for a treat Ep 5 onwards. Episode 5 & 8 are bloody briliant.

1 hour ago, SuperT said:
3 hours ago, dylanjosh said:
OK so I saw 5 episodes of Bly manor over the weekend.

First off, its true its not as scary as Hill House, but that isn't really an issue for me.

Hill House was so great because of the story, characters and the relationships between them and the house. In that respect, Bly Manor absolutely delivers and so I'm quite enjoying it. 

I just saw episode 5 (Hannah Grose) and it was an absolutely banger of an episode holy sh*t. I saw it last night and its still swirling in my mind today. 

It's pretty good but not at par with Hill House. Bly takes a while to get going but you're in for a treat Ep 5 onwards. Episode 5 & 8 are bloody briliant.

Lol yeah. I could watch a whole movie based off ep 8.

Done with Suits. Just finished Season 6. Smashing ending.

Also went ahead and youtubed the clips from the Season 9 ending, cuz I know Mike makes an appearance. Very nostalgic ending.

Also, fantastic music in this show. Will watch something completely different next, but overall glad I watched this show.

Edited by Chirag2001
  • Like 1

Done with Atypical. Liked it very much. Heartwarming show.

Keir Gilchrist who plays Sam's role nailed it. What a fantastic acting. ? Loved the friendship with Zahid. The guy is very cool and likeable and a total homie. 

Dad and Evan were also good. Not a fan of mom and sister (though she was solid) and their story arc. Overall nice chill show with good pacing, well thought, warm, and fun to watch. 

• Like 1

Tiny World; Apple TV+

Watched a few episodes last night. A fun, cute-ish show with Ant-Man narrating and Apple TV’s high production values. A great looking, great sounding, goofy show which carries a subtext of inter-dependence and small creatures doing big things in the ecosystem. 
Some of the camera work is insane. Many times I was left wondering just how they would’ve captured that footage. 

Six episodes of about 30 mins. Recommended. 

5 minutes ago, achilles said:

Tiny World; Apple TV+

Watched a few episodes last night. A fun, cute-ish show with Ant-Man narrating and Apple TV’s high production values. A great looking, great sounding, goofy show which carries a subtext of inter-dependence and small creatures doing big things in the ecosystem. 
Some of the camera work is insane. Many times I was left wondering just how they would’ve captured that footage. 

Six episodes of about 30 mins. Recommended. 

Apple TV+ is really setting a high bar with the consistent quality of shows. Hope this doesn't go downhill. 

Done with Atypical. Liked it very much. Heartwarming show.

Keir Gilchrist who plays Sam's role nailed it. What a fantastic acting. [emoji18] Loved the friendship with Zahid. The guy is very cool and likeable and a total homie. 

Dad and Evan were also good. Not a fan of mom and sister (though she was solid) and their story arc. Overall nice chill show with good pacing, well thought, warm, and fun to watch. 
It's a good show but somehow I couldn't carry on with the current season. Lost interest. Will give it a try sometime again.

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, harsh1387 said:

It's a good show but somehow I couldn't carry on with the current season. Lost interest. Will give it a try sometime again.

Yes, season 3 is a bit letdown compared to 1 & 2. I still managed to finish it. I don't like Casey and mom stuff. Just want more Sam/Zahid/Evan/other side characters. 

Casey and Izzie was so pointless. 

1 hour ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

Apple TV+ is really setting a high bar with the consistent quality of shows. Hope this doesn't go downhill. 

It's philosophically Apple. Consistent quality, and if some of their recent project green-lights are anything to go by, they're moving consistently higher. Even if the content is not to your liking on ATV+, you can't fault it, any of it, for being low quality. 

If they've made you think of subscribing to their service with only original content in the first year itself, they're doing it right. 

11 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

Plus, its the cheapest service. In case they jack up the price later, I'd honestly like to have an annual plan and buy for a year before they do it. 

They already have an annual plan for 999. 

1 minute ago, Bird Bird Bird said:

They already have an annual plan for 999. 

Oh I didn't know. I only got the 100 bucks a month, and cancelled after watching Ted Lasso and Defending Jacob. Both great shows. Couldn't watch Trying like you recommended.

But if they add more to the catalogue, I think I'll pay the 999 and get it for a year, because sure as hell they will jack up the price once the ball gets rolling. 

4 minutes ago, Chirag2001 said:

Oh I didn't know. I only got the 100 bucks a month, and cancelled after watching Ted Lasso and Defending Jacob. Both great shows. Couldn't watch Trying like you recommended.

But if they add more to the catalogue, I think I'll pay the 999 and get it for a year, because sure as hell they will jack up the price once the ball gets rolling. 

Both wife and me loved Trying. Very grounded show. 

Also, as a gamer, Mythic Quest is a fun watch. 

Saw the new show 'Emily in Paris' on Netflix, the first 4 episodes.
I clicked it for Paris, and Lily J Collins. Lily is probably the most beautiful person on the planet, but the show seems a little cringe.

I took French for 5 years, I'm no expert, but moderately well versed. Feel like they overdid it in the show, and also feels like they tried to force a bunch of sexual innuendo just cuz it's Paris.

Watched it on the living room TV, riskiest thing I've done this COVID season.
Will complete the show for Lily, and hope the last 4 eps are better.

Sent from my Mi A2 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, SuperT said:

Really hyped and looking forward to this, looks like it will be more fast paced/action packed this time.

Also, really glad Gina is getting more screen time.

If only Hotstar+Disney offered 4K :wallbash:

I have spoken.

This will be in 4k on Disney+Hotstar, they also have the best bit rates at 22.4 mbps.